House Price Crash Forum

Paris Shooting Reports At Least 12 Dead

HOLA441

Watching the video, he gets shot at close range with what I presume is an AK47.

This is what an AK47 bullet does to a water melon.

I would have thought that at such a close range his head would have exploded. Kennedy's head did when he was shot at range. Or have they used special forces bullets? You would have thought at such a close range the pavement would have been covered in blood?

The other option is that the first shot was fatal, he missed at point blank range and he died that way?

Not wanting to sound like a blood thirsty ghoul, but there's no claret from that shot either.

Should there be?

Edited post.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Hmm not so clear cut now is it?

I think your theory is more likely correct, that he ultimately died from the first shot.

I don't think the close range one hit him at all.

Sky and all media, kept going on about the professional grouping of the shots in the cop car windscreen, and how they would have had to control the recoil.

But here, he managed to shoot while running, virtually one handed, and no recoil.

Different gun?

HOLA445
HOLA446

I think we should proscribe Islam as a terrorist belief until they sort their act out. Close the Mosques, make being a muslim as unacceptable as being a drink driver.

We are at war after all...

Islamic fundamentalism is completely different to regular Sunni or Shia Islam, and Sunni and Shia are about as different as Catholics and Protestants.

Rather like a chronic alcoholic on a major binge is different from someone just having a quiet pint.

Probably the best hope for rehabilitating these nutters is bringing them back into the mainstream Sunni or Shia.

Banning all the 'good' religions would only leave the extremist ones.

Also 23% of the worlds population follow some sort of Islam, thats 1,800,000,000 people - do you really think they are all terrorists?

HOLA447
HOLA448

Islamic fundamentalism is completely different to regular Sunni or Shia Islam, and Sunni and Shia are about as different as Catholics and Protestants.

Rather like a chronic alcoholic on a major binge is different from someone just having a quiet pint.

Probably the best hope for rehabilitating these nutters is bringing them back into the mainstream Sunni or Shia.

Banning all the 'good' religions would only leave the extremist ones.

Also 23% of the worlds population follow some sort of Islam, thats 1,800,000,000 people - do you really think they are all terrorists?

what is the difference between a fundamentalist and the non fundamentalist please?

HOLA449

what is the difference between a fundamentalist and the non fundamentalist please?

They take everything in the Quoran literally, like someone reading the bible and assuming that Noahs ark and the garden of eden must be real things that happened.

You could say that this is down to having a poor religious education, which in many ways is worse than having no religious education at all.

Most people who don't agree with their family's religious leaders will simply become secular, but some go in the opposite direction.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

The fundamentalists actually believe it, the non-fundamentalists play along for the coffee mornings? Isn't that how the CofE works?

HOLA4412

They take everything in the Quoran literally, like someone reading the bible and assuming that Noahs ark and the garden of eden must be real things that happened.

You could say that this is down to having a poor religious education, which in many ways is worse than having no religious education at all.

Most people who don't agree with their family's religious leaders will simply become secular, but some go in the opposite direction.

so, you are saying its the script that an uneducated literalist would misinterpret.

In my experience, people of this nature dont acctually pick up the book and read...someone else tells them all about it, how it is relevant to them, and why they should find out more.

If a script can be so corrupted that it results in a beleif that people who DONT practice the exact way it was written should be killed, is the script itself not an incitement to murder, and become proscribed, as well as those that follow and espouse it?

Seems to me it meets every pre requisite for a murder charge...motive, malice aforthought, plenty of opportunity, and a back up service providing the means...

Ban it in the UK.

Export defenders to where the faith is accepted...

HOLA4413

You are right about the interpretation, the quoran is written in Arabic, I bet most of these fundamentalists cant even read that language.

But if you are going to ban religion, I think you need to ban all of them, although Russia tried that and it didnt work.

HOLA4414

You are right about the interpretation, the quoran is written in Arabic, I bet most of these fundamentalists cant even read that language.

But if you are going to ban religion, I think you need to ban all of them, although Russia tried that and it didnt work.

we need to ban the one thats make war on the home nation.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

If a script can be so corrupted that it results in a beleif that people who DONT practice the exact way it was written should be killed, is the script itself not an incitement to murder, and become proscribed, as well as those that follow and espouse it?

Like this, you mean "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them".

It actually doesn't need any corruption. Pretty unequivocal really.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Supposedly the Bible and the Quoran are essentially the word of God.

Why would anything written by an omniscient being need any interpretation? For that matter why should it need any translating if it`s written by the supernatural.

The answer is it`s obviously all a load of crap written by psychopaths to control people.

I also don`t agree that being taught such a load of crap is better than being taught nothing at all. We would all be better off being given time to figure stuff out for ourselves without the child abuse of religious indoctrination.

I don`t believe that any of this sh!te is able to be banned but it should just be treated with the disdain that it deserves, a bit like astrology which is equally nonsensical, and kept well away from any political power and influence.

We`ve all got to basically take the piss out of it mercilessly.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Why would anything written by an omniscient being need any interpretation? For that matter why should it need any translating if it`s written by the supernatural.

The answer is it`s obviously all a load of crap written by psychopaths to control people.

I also don`t agree that being taught such a load of crap is better than being taught nothing at all. We would all be better off being given time to figure stuff out for ourselves without the child abuse of religious indoctrination.

I don`t believe that any of this sh!te is able to be banned but it should just be treated with the disdain that it deserves, a bit like astrology which is equally nonsensical, and kept well away from any political power and influence.

We`ve all got to basically take the piss out of it mercilessly.

Exactly.

The bible is promoted as a manual on how to live your life and not burn in hell for eternity (a pretty important manual really) but is interpreted differently by nearly every adherents. Even fundies disagree.

Imagine a safety manual written in such a vague manner.

HOLA4422

More to the point if God created all life in the universe and is all powerful could someone please explain why he's too busy to kill the infidels himself and instead has to rely on the "faithful" to do it for him. Is God lazy? The irony that God really doesn't need your help to kill me appears lost on the deluded. Why the feck would an all powerful being need the help of you to kill people. If God doesn't exist then he does need your help but then you aren't worshipping a God.

HOLA4423

Kennedy was shot in the head at range with a probably a similar calibre rifle and it blows his head open.

Does distance make a difference in what happens?

I have never shot anyone in the head at close range with an ak-47.

However I am pretty certain not much of a head would be left - and blood and brains would be everywhere.

If it was a live round in the video - even if he missed the bloke on the ground - you would have seen a big chunk of concrete from the ground - but you don't. Its a strange one.

From my experience of firearms - it looks like a puff of gas out the end of the barrel you might expect from a blank.

I am not an expert though.

HOLA4424

However I am pretty certain not much of a head would be left - and blood and brains would be everywhere.

If it was a live round in the video - even if he missed the bloke on the ground - you would have seen a big chunk of concrete from the ground - but you don't. Its a strange one.

From my experience of firearms - it looks like a puff of gas out the end of the barrel you might expect from a blank.

Doesn't it depend on the ammo type ? You can get hollow point vs. standard for example. Plus reduced charge.

HOLA4425

Probably best to keep quiet about rather sick conspiracy theories then.

The man was wounded and lying on the ground. He asked for mercy. He was shot in the head and died instantly.

I do not wish to be drawn into a debate about heads and exploding watermellons and bullets. Or about type of weapon or range. Suffice to say, a defenceless man was shot in the head at close range and he was murdered. He died instantly.

Time to put this to rest and focus instead on the real problem here and not on right-wing nutjob conspiracies that insults the memory of those murdered.

Archived