House Price Crash Forum

Alan Henning

Patfig

HOLA441
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Religion is the rallying point for all your reasons.

Maybe....but even if religions did not exist there would still be wars and arguments over differences, power, control and money...hell we don't at times get on with our own next-door neighbours because we sometimes see them as different to ourselves without our high standards, morals and ideals......that is why you often get ghettos of like minded people choosing to live together...doesn't take much to upset the apple cart, then something small can quickly turn into big trouble. ;)

HOLA443

Again, evidence please?

This meme of 'a few bad apples' wasn't stood for with the Met and the Steven Lawrence murder. The term 'institutional racism' was created as a result.

I hear 'a few bad apples' and I know that what the writer means is "I think its a minority within the group, and if I shout it loud enough the problem will go away'.

No, but it was enough to justify the horrific actions of people convinced they were on the side of right during our occupations of both Iraq and Afganistan, both somewhat more relevant to the topic at hand than our domestic policing policies.

HOLA444

I thought Islam was a religion/political movement, not a race? So it's not ethnic cleansing is it? I get tired of all the cries of 'raaaaacist'. It's boring, and untrue, so stop it and grow up.

What do you mean how do we deal with these people abroad? You mean should we interfere in the middle east? Not unless we are willing to become a new roman empire with a standing army of millions and a brutal oppression doctrine. I don't think that is the way anyone is suggesting we go.

We withdraw, and we minimise interference.

Oh yes, and I forgot to mention... As a rule of thumb, try substituting 'Jewish' for whichever group of people you are preaching hate about, and then ask yourself if you would shout that new statement at Speakers Corner, or perhaps whether you would be happy to drop it into an interview with any of the more aggressive journalists.

As it stands you are playing pretty close to the kind of writing that gets people jail time these days.

HOLA445

Those calling for action to be taken against Muslims in this country, the vast majority of whom are as disgusted as the rest of us by the actions of ISL (or whatever they're called), are doing exactly what these murderers want.

They are playing you like fiddles!

Where is this disgusted majority?

HOLA446
HOLA447

Oh yes, and I forgot to mention... As a rule of thumb, try substituting 'Jewish' for whichever group of people you are preaching hate about, and then ask yourself if you would shout that new statement at Speakers Corner, or perhaps whether you would be happy to drop it into an interview with any of the more aggressive journalists.

As it stands you are playing pretty close to the kind of writing that gets people jail time these days.

Are the Jewish people trying to create a Jewish state here then? I dont think so. We dont have any problems with Hindus either. Seems to be a Muslim thing.

HOLA448
HOLA449

All this rational thinking, all this logical argument, all this 'We are just as bad as them' is a typical intellectual, ineffective nonsense, poncing around displaying your oh so correct tender emotions.

Nobody really gives a flying F... what you think.

The matter will be decided by the guys with guns.

Happens every time.

HOLA4410

Where is this disgusted majority?

All around, I imagine. I have some Muslim friends and I wouldn't expect them to rush around making apologies and condemnations simply because they are Muslims. Why should they?

Do you feel compelled to condemn secular western democracy every time a drone strike kills a bunch of innocent kids in some desert hellhole?

HOLA4411

And todays no shit sherlock headline

Army chiefs tell Government: stop Gulf states funding terrorism

Pressure is mounting on the Government to take action against wealthy Gulf states accused of funding Islamist terrorism after the beheading of Alan Henning, the British aid worker kidnapped in Syria.

Two retired generals and a former defence secretary claimed that nations such as Qatar and Saudi Arabia were helping the rise of violent extremism by channelling cash to terrorist groups such as Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (Isil), which carried out Mr Henning’s murder.

Pressure is mounting on the Government to take action against wealthy Gulf states accused of funding Islamist terrorism after the beheading of Alan Henning, the British aid worker kidnapped in Syria.

Two retired generals and a former defence secretary claimed that nations such as Qatar and Saudi Arabia were helping the rise of violent extremism by channelling cash to terrorist groups such as Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (Isil), which carried out Mr Henning’s murder.

The trio of senior military figures said air strikes against Isil were insufficient to defeat the terrorist threat. Instead, they called on the Government to pressure Gulf leaders into tackling extremism by strangling the funding of terrorist networks and the religious ideology that fuels them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/11141539/Army-chiefs-tell-Government-stop-Gulf-states-funding-terrorism.html

Oh dear. I am not sure that HMG want people mentioning that inconvenient truth least of all in a national newspaper

Expect Dave and his cabinet chums to take firm and decisive action on this issue sometime about the year 2514

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

All this rational thinking, all this logical argument, all this 'We are just as bad as them' is a typical intellectual, ineffective nonsense, poncing around displaying your oh so correct tender emotions.

Nobody really gives a flying F... what you think.

The matter will be decided by the guys with guns.

Happens every time.

It will be decided by the people with the money to buy or to make the guns as certain ex generals have pointed out today.

War does not come cheap even for jihadis.

HOLA4414

All around, I imagine. I have some Muslim friends and I wouldn't expect them to rush around making apologies and condemnations simply because they are Muslims. Why should they?

Do you feel compelled to condemn secular western democracy every time a drone strike kills a bunch of innocent kids in some desert hellhole?

Yes!

2 million people marched against the Iraq war. Condemnation of drone strikes is regular and consistent. There was huge outrage regarding torture in Abu Ghraib and extraordinary rendition.

Outraged Muslims are conspicuous by their absence.

HOLA4415

Yes!

2 million people marched against the Iraq war. Condemnation of drone strikes is regular and consistent. There was huge outrage regarding torture in Abu Ghraib and extraordinary rendition.

Outraged Muslims are conspicuous by their absence.

Oh, I don't know, they were pretty outraged about about the Danish cartoons and the Satanic Verses.

HOLA4416

Nothing the western media like more that a good beheading followed by everyone getting on the outrage bus followed by some bombing followed by another beheading followed by more outrage followed by more bombing etc all accompanied by empty soundbites and crocodile tears from everyone from Cameron to Imams in Birmingham. Needless to say it was some poor Kurd and his family getting hacked to bits by ISIS thugs rather than some well intentioned but rather naive Brit the story would have barely created a ripple in the media

As I have mentioned before if Cameron is correct that the struggle against fanatical Islamicsts like ISIS is 'this generations Second World War'

then sending 6 ageing Tornado aircraft (out of production since 1998) hardly seems like an adequate response.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2779019/British-PM-Cameron-arrives-Afghanistan-meet-unity-govt.html

If you want to face down that sort of threat then you need to be on a total war footing which means directing all labour and a capital to the war effort, putting millions under arms, internment for all potential enemy sympathisers, cutting all economic ties with the Gulf states that help fund terror, constructing an ideological based de radical Islamification program, and of course raising the taxes to fund it. The point is that to wage and win that sort of struggle means real sacrifices would have to be made by a lot of people in all sections of society not just the professional military. It also require a bit more commitment than X factor emotional grandstanding we are seeing at at the moment

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

There was a mock beheading outside Downing Street today. No one arrested apparently.

Can you imagine what would happen if some Brits did a mock beheading of muslims outside Downing Street?

It was a protest by Kurds against ISIS.

I think they were trying to make the point it is not just Brits or Americans who are suffering these sort of atrocities in Iraq or Syria

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

In a democracy don't believers in Islam have every right to try for transform it into an Islamic state?

Do unbelievers have the right to criticize, mock, ridicule and counter those beliefs?

Some democracies consider certain views/beliefs so dangerous they are banned from being expressed, e.g. Holocaust denial in Germany.

HOLA4421

And todays no shit sherlock headline

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/11141539/Army-chiefs-tell-Government-stop-Gulf-states-funding-terrorism.html

Oh dear. I am not sure that HMG want people mentioning that inconvenient truth least of all in a national newspaper

Expect Dave and his cabinet chums to take firm and decisive action on this issue sometime about the year 2514

Especially as we know that Saudi Arabia actually threatens to send terrorists abroad...they publicly threatened the Russians last year when they (the Russians) opposed the action against Syria, that they would take the war to Russian Streets.

HOLA4422

ISIS has significant support amongst Muslims in Britain. The 'it's a tiny minority' rhetoric is nonsense. Outside of those who directly support ISIS actions are those who deplore their actions but sympathise with their aims i.e Sharia. Many Muslims want Sharia and Islamic supremacism in the West. The movement is led by the most zealous and religious. So called moderates have zero influence. It doesn't bode well.

You are using the term 'Muslim' in an extremely broad context. Shia, and in particular Sufi Muslims generally support secular Government under democratic principles. They are hated by the Wahhabi Militant Islamicists more than just about anyone else and are portrayed as Apostates. At the other end of the spectrum Sufis in Iran are persecuted for the same views in Iran by the Shia Islamic Government.

HOLA4423

You are using the term 'Muslim' in an extremely broad context. Shia, and in particular Sufi Muslims generally support secular Government under democratic principles. They are hated by the Wahhabi Militant Islamicists more than just about anyone else and are portrayed as Apostates. At the other end of the spectrum Sufis in Iran are persecuted for the same views in Iran by the Shia Islamic Government.

yeah, but for propaganda purposes, its so much easier to lump the enemy into one homogenous group

HOLA4424

Which group is it that believes you can leave the religion freely, allow women equal rights in court and divorce, and allows homosexuality? I lose track.....or is it none of them?

HOLA4425

Archived