Foxtons Share Price And The Housing Market - Merged

HOLA441
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
10 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

It's still flat lining about 99p, has done for months now.

Very very odd.

Maybe some of the share dealers would like to comment on this ?

A lot of people now think that Purple Bricks is the EA share to put money into as opposed to Foxtons. I have not kept track of its share price nor that of Countrywide so it would be worth compared both of their recent performance with that of Foxtons.

HOLA443
HOLA444

The share price today is basically where it was after their profits warning big drop at the end of June. If they come out with another profit warning I imagine that there will be a similar drop in the share price. I think I posted on here a few months ago that I expected it to go to 75p.

But you never know with this kind of thing. They could come out with some bullish statement tomorrow and get a 25% plus rise in a few days. Likewise, a profit warning could see a similar drop.

HOLA445
1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

A lot of people now think that Purple Bricks is the EA share to put money into as opposed to Foxtons. I have not kept track of its share price nor that of Countrywide so it would be worth compared both of their recent performance with that of Foxtons.

I bought some of these at rock bottom and have made a healthy return on them.

I made a couple of % of Foxton last year too, looks like a bit of a gamble to me now tho.

Could shoot up to 1.10 as easily as going to 75p.

looking at the history though, there's a 10% profit there for anyone with balls of steel.

HOLA446
32 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I bought some of these at rock bottom and have made a healthy return on them.

I made a couple of % of Foxton last year too, looks like a bit of a gamble to me now tho.

Could shoot up to 1.10 as easily as going to 75p.

looking at the history though, there's a 10% profit there for anyone with balls of steel.

The MACD is turning down and the RSI has not really got to over-sold yet. Watch the RSI and IF it goes to -10 on another drop it MIGHT be worth a buy for a quick 10% bounce then... MAYBE.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=FOXT.L&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&id=p91190381962

I am not touching it as I think it is just too volatile with all this BREXIT talk. I also suspect we will see another profit warning in the next 3 months.

HOLA447
7 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The MACD is turning down and the RSI has not really got to over-sold yet. Watch the RSI and IF it goes to -10 on another drop it MIGHT be worth a buy for a quick 10% bounce then... MAYBE.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=FOXT.L&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&id=p91190381962

I am not touching it as I think it is just too volatile with all this BREXIT talk. I also suspect we will see another profit warning in the next 3 months.

I think Purple Bricks has probably topped out too, i've just sold my share, there's a nice £1000 bonus to start the week, all thanks to Pricks and Mortar.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Plenty of sideways doesn't guarantee a dramatic move. This is all just idle speculation. As The Masked Tulip points out, there are no signs of a major move in the technical analysis, and on fundamentals there hasn't been any reason for one either. It's trivial to say that if earnings collapse, the share price will too, but it means nothing when it's based on zero insight. The only reasonable suspicion currently is a false floor under the share price from corporate buybacks.

Sorry to say we'll have to keep waiting for the demise of Foxtons.

HOLA4414
2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Looking forward to it.  How long will that normally take ?

Distribution takes as long as it takes. There is no way to tell who is buying and who is selling.

In the wider markets there are some who believe that distribution has been taking place since the night of the Trump victory. That the big jump up in the markets the following morning was driven by the big boys wanting to avoid a limit down and the banks losing potentially tens of billions as the markets tanked overnight. Since then, so the theory goes, the ramp up in stocks has been a means for the big boys to off-load to the pension funds and Joe Public.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

http://www.propertyindustryeye.com/city-brokers-warn-of-high-street-closures-as-report-hammers-foxtons-lsl-and-countrywide/

City brokers Peel Hunt have issued a report which warns investors of a thoroughly bleak outlook for traditional estate agents, saying that 2017 will be “another year of structural change” for the industry.

The report, which looks into listed developers and agents, is damning about Foxtons, Countrywide and LSL, but is glowing about Purplebricks.

Peel Hunt also warns that an increasing number of high street agents will close this year as “capacity” comes out of the industry.

It says that the business model for traditional agents is unsustainable if there are further cuts in commission rates, and also forecasts that a ban on letting fees will be the death knell for some agents.

HOLA4417
30 minutes ago, AvoidDebt said:

http://www.propertyindustryeye.com/city-brokers-warn-of-high-street-closures-as-report-hammers-foxtons-lsl-and-countrywide/

City brokers Peel Hunt have issued a report which warns investors of a thoroughly bleak outlook for traditional estate agents, saying that 2017 will be “another year of structural change” for the industry.

The report, which looks into listed developers and agents, is damning about Foxtons, Countrywide and LSL, but is glowing about Purplebricks.

Peel Hunt also warns that an increasing number of high street agents will close this year as “capacity” comes out of the industry.

It says that the business model for traditional agents is unsustainable if there are further cuts in commission rates, and also forecasts that a ban on letting fees will be the death knell for some agents.

Shame

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Foxton's results announced today http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/FOXT/13091499.html

" The reduction in Group revenue for the year reflects the significant fall in sales volumes immediately following the first quarter of 2016. In the final quarter of 2016, sales revenues were circa £12m (2015: £20m) as volumes remained subdued. Lettings revenues in Q4 were circa £13m (2015: £13m) and have remained more resilient, benefitting from our high levels of renewals despite lower levels of new tenant activity and some downward pressure on rents arising from increased stock availability. Our lettings business remains a consistent and recurring revenue stream which comprises over half of group revenues. "

HOLA4420

Great news, something will have to give soon:

. Should current levels of sales activity continue in the short term, it is likely that 2017 volumes will be below those in 2016.

In the final quarter of 2016, sales revenues were circa GBP12m (2015: GBP20m)

lettings revenues....remained more resilient, benefitting from our high levels of renewals despite lower levels of new tenant activity and some downward pressure on rents arising from increased stock availability.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
1 hour ago, LittlePig said:

Foxton's results announced today http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/FOXT/13091499.html

" The reduction in Group revenue for the year reflects the significant fall in sales volumes immediately following the first quarter of 2016. In the final quarter of 2016, sales revenues were circa £12m (2015: £20m) as volumes remained subdued. Lettings revenues in Q4 were circa £13m (2015: £13m) and have remained more resilient, benefitting from our high levels of renewals despite lower levels of new tenant activity and some downward pressure on rents arising from increased stock availability. Our lettings business remains a consistent and recurring revenue stream which comprises over half of group revenues. "

So rental business is kept afloat buy recharging tennants to renew tennancy..******ing robbing assholes 

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
19 minutes ago, Nabby81 said:

So rental business is kept afloat buy recharging tennants to renew tennancy..******ing robbing assholes 

1 hour ago, LittlePig said:

"Lettings revenues in Q4 were circa £13m (2015: £13m) and have remained more resilient, benefitting from our high levels of renewals despite lower levels of new tenant activity and some downward pressure on rents arising from increased stock availability. Our lettings business remains a consistent and recurring revenue stream which comprises over half of group revenues. "

It's telling they didn't actually say their lettings revenues were up, so they must be falling. If they didn't use the round total of £13m that would be more obvious.