DTMark

HOLA441
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

We play catchup a day late in Asia with Dr Who - so just seen number 3. I reckon I see a pattern; Capaldi's excellence will be in the scary/dark episodes - so they have comedy ones to offset that in order to keep the kiddies happen. The trailer for next week with monsters under the beds is just what you need to make a nation of bedwetters...

That said, number 3 was OK, with a good tongue in cheek approach. Some nice subtle jokes in there for the adults. Sound still bloody awful thought - so much MUMBLING. Is it some new sound kit at the BBC? Have seen other complaints against other series recently as well.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

It was lots of fun!

I quite enjoyed it too. It was pretty amusing in places, vaguely interestingly explored the duality between the 'fictional' characters of the Doctor and Robin Hood, and nudged us (again) with the bit of a story arc they have going (promised land).

I don't know what others are expecting of the programme. It's only a fairly lightweight 'family' show. I think my expectations must just be suitably low. ;)

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Again, I found this episode enjoyable even though I thought most of those in the last few years have been nearly unwatchable (including the various specials). The plot still made precious little sense and the resolution was pathetic (why give away a golden arrow as a prize when you desperately need gold? why does shooting the arrow into the outer hull of the ship give the engines the needed boost?) - but as the whole thing was played for laughs (fairly successfully) I thought this was forgivable.

HOLA4415

Well, tonight's one was superb.

Intelligently written. Works for kids and adults. Further defines Capaldi's character as markedly different and at times a little chilling.

Really nicely shot, while not up there with the very best of all time: certainly one of the best episodes for years.

HOLA4416

Well, tonight's one was superb.

Intelligently written. Works for kids and adults. Further defines Capaldi's character as markedly different and at times a little chilling.

Really nicely shot, while not up there with the very best of all time: certainly one of the best episodes for years.

well, i thought it was building up nicely, then dribbled out to nothing. I think its actually the Jenna Coleman show.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived