House Price Crash Forum

Doctor Who Returns Saturday 23 August

DTMark

HOLA441

Would agree with all of that. Doctor Who, at its best (say The Caves of Androzani, Davison's last story) is superb sci-fi. I picked that one precisely because the effects and CGI are so very poor in places. And yet, it has real human drama, tragedy, cunning, it is quality writing, and wonderful for it.

better on the radio then.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Great episode again tonight! really liking Capaldi as the new Doctor!

It's easy to criticise so this time I will.

Every time they play it for laughs it doesn't work. It is not a comedy, Jon Pertwee was an actual comedian and he knew better.

Poor episode, heavy on silliness and rubbish jokes. The only worthwhile bit was that Promised Land bit at the end.

HOLA446
HOLA447

yet another Galaxy spanning robot machine that can land within an inch from planet to planet ( Earth moves at 2000 miles a minute, the other one is in a different galaxy), thus targetting must be pretty clever, actually cant aim and shoot from 5 meters.

HOLA448
HOLA449
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4410

No one commented on the Moon is a giant egg about to hatch episode? And then it hatched... and then the thing that it hatched laid another egg... which looked like a Moon...

I suppose that must have been just too much nonsense for even the most diehard Who fans.

Anyhow...

Doctor Who star Matt Smith and his ex-girlfriend Daisy Lowe are latest victims of hackers who have leaked naked pictures online

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

No one commented on the Moon is a giant egg about to hatch episode? And then it hatched... and then the thing that it hatched laid another egg... which looked like a Moon...

I suppose that must have been just too much nonsense for even the most diehard Who fans.

I agree.

I know that a large dose of suspension of disbelief is required to accept the idea of a time machine disguised as a police box... but for some reason, this episode really irked me.

A space shuttle crash landing on the moon? HELLO, NO ATMOSPHERE! It would simply have dropped like a stone.

The moon suddenly masses 7 times as much. Ok, where did all that mass come from?

The egg hatches, then lays another moon... again, where did all that mass come from?

On the plus side, I'm starting to like this new doctor; he's got a somewhat callous attitude towards humans, which makes for a (IMO) more interesting story than the Happy-Clappy previous doctors.

HOLA4416

Those ******* at the BBC Asia decided to stop the new Dr Who series at episode 6 here in Asia. Episodes 7 + aren't being shown until some time in November. Repeats and Sherlock being shown instead. No explanations or apologies.

An example of why the BBC license should be dropped immediately - they have a public sector mentality, not a private sector one. Cancelling my cable subscription and I'll find it on torrent or something.

Idiots.

HOLA4417

Those ******* at the BBC Asia decided to stop the new Dr Who series at episode 6 here in Asia. Episodes 7 + aren't being shown until some time in November. Repeats and Sherlock being shown instead. No explanations or apologies.

An example of why the BBC license should be dropped immediately - they have a public sector mentality, not a private sector one. Cancelling my cable subscription and I'll find it on torrent or something.

Idiots.

Subcribe to one of the proxy services designed to stream online video from different countries.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Clara did indeed look well... delicious.

Terrible dubbing again IMPO - completely drowned out the dialogue with background music.

check your telly for an adjustment in the clarity of speech frequencies..makes speech much clearer for the hard of hearing.

HOLA4425

Archived