• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Yes, saw it last night.

Apparently wealth is only created when a house is built.

Mary Mungo and Midge. The remake.

Mary got in to BTL....

Dark Ages.

No doubt, house BUILDING is wealth creating....but that isnt what a mortgage does...THAT INCREASES THE PRICE.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Sounds desperate, are they in trouble?

They get given something like £200m / year from Lloyds as part of the EU settlement to divest branches. They'll turn into fat cats as per usual. Sell mortgage...Sell Sell Sell...doesn't matter what the customer needs or how much debt they end up with just get a mortgage out the door

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

They get given something like £200m / year from Lloyds as part of the EU settlement to divest branches. They'll turn into fat cats as per usual. Sell mortgage...Sell Sell Sell...doesn't matter what the customer needs or how much debt they end up with just get a mortgage out the door

Are they struggling to get mortgages out the door though? Why else would they try and influence the sheeple with childlike cartoons that create a simple little narrative that says "We are GOOD"?

HOLA4411

here is the first advert

Note how towards the end, where all the world is desperate, where all the sunshine, light and saviours come from..

Disgusting.

Where is the bit where the Tory government 'privatised' the hard working peoples bank (which they didn't own) and kept all the cash? :lol:

HOLA4412

http://www.resilience.org/stories/2013-04-04/how-i-ve-responded-to-the-financial-crisis

I haven`t read all this in detail, it won`t be anything new to people on here, but Triodos bank are at least trying to move in the right direction, although according to this still "creating money from customer deposits"? I have banked with them for years, but await the "Cooperative bank moment" when the core of the healthy shiny apple turns out to be rotten. Should I have more faith?

HOLA4413

here is the first advert

Note how towards the end, where all the world is desperate, where all the sunshine, light and saviours come from..

Disgusting.

A waterwheel at the side of a canal?To me that's worse worse than Boddington's male cows.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Are they struggling to get mortgages out the door though? Why else would they try and influence the sheeple with childlike cartoons that create a simple little narrative that says "We are GOOD"?

Driving through Wilmslow (affluent Cheshire town) on Sunday and noticed a large sign (with arrow pointing to door) next to the entrance to Barclays, saying something like "The nicest people in Wilmslow walk through these doors".

I presume they have something similar on each provincial branch up and down the country.

It's advertising at its lowest common denominator.

HOLA4416

They don't do HTB so mortgage applications are nothing special currently.

HOLA4417

Driving through Wilmslow (affluent Cheshire town) on Sunday and noticed a large sign (with arrow pointing to door) next to the entrance to Barclays, saying something like "The nicest people in Wilmslow walk through these doors".

I presume they have something similar on each provincial branch up and down the country.

It's advertising at its lowest common denominator.

Newspeak - actually means:-

"The nicest dumbest people in Wilmslow walk through these doors".

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

The key is to only employ from the wild west for house building. That way houses keep on developing issues requiring regular attendance, which will keep the economy growing on housing. If a builder works through your door and you can hear the spurs on his boots, you know your supporting the economy. Landlord sent a plumber round recently and christ all mighty the guy was so heavy handed, a real economic growth master.

So out of lloyds and tsb, which is the one that does the dodgy banking stuff now lol.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I know this isn't the point - but those are really nicely made animations (if you turn the sound off and forget that it is for a bank).

(I'm an animator/illustrator by trade)

Assuming they were also made in the UK (which given the "local" message you would hope that they would be - plus I think I know the agency that would have worked on it), then you are looking at easily a substantial six figure sum for each of those ads

Plus paying for the voice over (Patrick Stewart isn't it? I don't expect he comes cheap!)

I do get frustrated when I see that pretty much the only way to create something that looks that good is to either get into Pixar or another studio (statistically unlikely) or to work for some agency on behalf of a shitty bank / car company or beer company. There doesn't seem to be a market for my "House Price Inflation is Evil" animations, haha.

Edited by Bear Necessities

HOLA4423

Raise you an Equitable Life advert ;)

Their available adverts seem to be getting very thin on the ground now - like they've been "redacted".

A bit of soothing background music still in that one though. The obscene lies from those days take some beating but TSB do seem to be making efforts to edge it right now.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I know this isn't the point - but those are really nicely made animations (if you turn the sound off and forget that it is for a bank).

(I'm an animator/illustrator by trade)

Assuming they were also made in the UK (which given the "local" message you would hope that they would be - plus I think I know the agency that would have worked on it), then you are looking at easily a substantial six figure sum for each of those ads

Plus paying for the voice over (Patrick Stewart isn't it? I don't expect he comes cheap!)

I do get frustrated when I see that pretty much the only way to create something that looks that good is to either get into Pixar or another studio (statistically unlikely) or to work for some agency on behalf of a shitty bank / car company or beer company. There doesn't seem to be a market for my "House Price Inflation is Evil" animations, haha.

Can you find out where they are made? Because if they are done somewhere other than UK that would be worth flagging up on Facebook of something.