House Price Crash Forum

Housing Market Collapse Can't Be Far Off.

HOLA441

Just sitting here looking at asking prices of local properties and London ones ( where my wife sold as year at a 2007 peak price ).

The prices are all ludicrous.

Real incomes are continually being squeezed with the QE induced inflation.

Actual sale volumes are tiny and sale prices are still at June 2004 prices.

This stalemate can't continue and the insane london market must have priced out even the most desperate of foreign buyer.

What next....collapse.

It's just around the corner for sure.

I could be wrong though

:lol:

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Just sitting here looking at asking prices of local properties and London ones ( where my wife sold as year at a 2007 peak price ).

(...)

+ 1

London is craziest than ever before.

"Peak insanity"?

Thread about it: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=179618

hptoearningsbyregion.png

I've used data from this source: http://www.communities.gov.uk/housing/housingresearch/housingstatistics/housingstatisticsby/housingmarket/livetables/affordabilitytables/

From the "Table 577: Ratio of median house price to median earnings by district, from 1997, MS Excel, 185 kb"

Edited by Tired of Waiting

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

+ 1

London is craziest than ever before.

"Peak insanity"?

Not just london. Got called specially and offered this today.

http://www.prospect.co.uk/property-details/wainwright-close/wokingham

Apparently was on at £600k, sale has fallen through near to completion on the new place, has been reduced and will take offers of 'just' £500k.

Oh and it's 100 metres from the motorway.

£600k who do these people think they are?

I think not.

HOLA447

This stalemate can't continue and the insane london market must have priced out even the most desperate of foreign buyer.

What next....collapse.

I could be wrong though

When it comes it will be unexpected (by most people) swift and brutal. Property price collapse is in the air here (Edinburgh) like a darkening thunder cloud, it is palpable. People will panic on the way down just the same as they made rushed decisions to follow the herd on the way up.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Apparently was on at £600k, sale has fallen through near to completion on the new place, has been reduced and will take offers of 'just' £500k.

I think not.

150m2 = £150k to build. They want £350k for that plot??? :blink::lol:

HOLA4411

http://www.prospect....close/wokingham

I think not.

There are some very very silly people in the UK.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I think not.

I watched those being built as I passed by everyday and always wondered who the hell would want to live there.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Yes. That's the correct conclusion. A land price bubble, NOT a house price bubble. Brought to you courtesy of your planning dept, which of course, you have to pay for, on penalty of imprisonment.mad.gif

'Cos all those liberal planning law countries such as Ireland, USA et al never had a bubble at all.

HOLA4417

Foreign money is pushing up prices in prime central London and producing a ripple effect on the periphery. This will only stop when prime central London prices no longer appear to offer value compared to New York, Singapore, Moscow, Hong Kong etc. There is still a lot of upside before this happens.

HOLA4418

Foreign money is pushing up prices in prime central London and producing a ripple effect on the periphery. This will only stop when prime central London prices no longer appear to offer value compared to New York, Singapore, Moscow, Hong Kong etc. There is still a lot of upside before this happens.

Really? Are you sure? :rolleyes:

HOLA4419

Why is it all these 'rich' people see value in the london housing bubble ?

In terms of most currencies it is a complete joke and can't possible go any further.

Would these savvy investors buy a property in Athens right now ?

How long till we see big protests in London due to the locals being priced out ?

The collapse is unstoppable, one way or another, peoples greed is ensuring that.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

In terms of most currencies it is a complete joke and can't possible go any further.

How long till we see big protests in London due to the locals being priced out ?

The collapse is unstoppable, one way or another, peoples greed is ensuring that.

I'm no expert but I think the reasoning is that if all currencies collapse and your bank statement means f*ck all, london real estate will always be worth more than athens real estate (in general terms, obviously).

so it's a case of grab it while you can.

HOLA4422

They want to park their wealth in a stable country with rule of law and some measure of security for them and their families in the future.

They just don't want to pay any f*cking tax in order to preserve all those things- which may turn out to be a big mistake in the long term.

HOLA4423

They want to park their wealth in a stable country with rule of law and some measure of security for them and their families in the future.

They just don't want to pay any f*cking tax in order to preserve all those things- which may turn out to be a big mistake in the long term.

True, but won`t stop middle class and working class dwellings collapsing in price though? In fact the longer the imbalance between wages and living costs continues the more unstable London and UK society becomes? Handing out a few heavy sentences will keep things down for a couple of years, but next time the army will be needed,with live rounds? I think there is going to be a big HPC before this comes to pass however :lol: The Asda kids will have their cheap houses.

HOLA4424

True, but won`t stop middle class and working class dwellings collapsing in price though? In fact the longer the imbalance between wages and living costs continues the more unstable London and UK society becomes? Handing out a few heavy sentences will keep things down for a couple of years, but next time the army will be needed,with live rounds? I think there is going to be a big HPC before this comes to pass however :lol: The Asda kids will have their cheap houses.

qed.

i'll be long gone if/when it happens.

leave this island of middlemen and celebs to them, see how they get on lomg term with no real wealth generation.

HOLA4425

What next....collapse.

I could be wrong though

...yes...keepy uppy can't go on forever...every juggler has his day....ask Gordo Clown... :rolleyes: