House Price Crash Forum

You Need To See This... merged threads

warpig

HOLA441

lol: How I can make money on both highs and a lows....don't care about the common good for all men...only myself I am a trader...I am clever and enjoy ripping others off.....a very nice man....many like it. :huh:

So, would you take financial advice from someone like that? Investing in U:S. treasury bonds is his advice. I expect he will be shorting U.S. treasuries. However, this does have overtones of a prankster who has slipped past security through the back door to get on TV to cause a stir.

He says the big money, the smart money are moving into safer assets, into treasury bonds, 30 year bonds and the U.S. dollar. :D

The smart money is buying real assets, agritcultural land, maufacturing assets, commodity recources, high-end artwork, PMs, not worthless pieces of paper backed by bankrupt countries.

Edited by Take Me Back To London!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

So what happened here?

This: Just for a change someone got in front of the MSM spotlight who was not a frontman for some vested interest and delivered a short burst of unvarnished reality.

The fact that he is not 'licensed' by the FSA is supposed to mean what exactly? The FSA???- the same jokers who could not find their backsides with both hands? Who sat like simpering idiots while the Bankers ran wild and took down the system?

I think it's great that he's not a 'real' trader- this will lead to more publicity and more people viewing the interview.

HOLA447

So what happened here?

This: Just for a change someone got in front of the MSM spotlight who was not a frontman for some vested interest and delivered a short burst of unvarnished reality.

The fact that he is not 'licensed' by the FSA is supposed to mean what exactly? The FSA???- the same jokers who could not find their backsides with both hands? Who sat like simpering idiots while the Bankers ran wild and took down the system?

I think it's great that he's not a 'real' trader- this will lead to more publicity and more people viewing the interview.

I did notice that no one has taken on anything he said, all the nay sayers have done is attack the man.

HOLA448

Telegraph: BBC financial expert Alessio Rastani: 'I'm an attention seeker not a trader'

So he's more of a talker than a trader. A man who doesn't own the house he lives in, but can sum up the financial crisis in just three minutes – a knack that escapes many financial commentators.

This second class citizen is barely entitled to an opinion let alone having the opportunity to express it concisely to others. He's been completely discredited and his comments are nonsense. Now go out and spend.

Edited by GordonBrownSpentMyFuture

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

So what happened here?

Some people can talk the talk, walk the walk. Even though he had the same message as Financial Planner, and he had no qualifications (whereas FP is fully qualified), he managed to blag his way onto the BBC and create a media frenzy.

They call it "gift of the gab". He'll be great as a cold caller : http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/1991/12/16/75863/index.htm

HOLA4412

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/8792829/BBC-financial-expert-Alessio-Rastani-Im-an-attention-seeker-not-a-trader.html

He's become the face of the global debt crisis and an internet sensation. The self-styled City trader who stripped away the jargon and bluster of the financial world and summed up our woes in just three minutes. "I go to bed every night dreaming of another recession," Alessio Rastani explained in a BBC interview. "It's an opportunity."

The soundbites won Mr Rastani instant fame. He became a viral hit and was trending on Twitter. BBC business editor Robert Peston was among the fans. "A must watch if you want to understand the euro crisis and how markets work," he told his army of 82,000 followers on Twitter on Tuesday.

The interview contained such gems as "Governments don't rule the world, Goldman Sachs rules the world [and] Goldman Sachs does not care about the rescue package."

But on Tuesday night the BBC was left facing questions about just how qualified Mr Rastani is to speak about the markets.

In the interview Mr Rastani described himself as an independent trader. Elsewhere he claims he's an "investment speaker". Instead of operating from a plush office in Canary Wharf Mr Rastani works and lives with his partner Anita Eader in a £200,000 semi in Bexleyheath, south London. The house, complete with a mortgage from Royal Bank of Scotland, belongs to her not him.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Telegraph: BBC financial expert Alessio Rastani: 'I'm an attention seeker not a trader'

This second class citizen is barely entitled to an opinion let alone having the opportunity to express it concisely to others. He's been completely discredited and his comments are nonsense. Now go out and spend.

Strangely it seems that he's never actually said "I'm an attention seeker not a trader" as far as I can see.

HOLA4415

Quick, attack the person, not the message <_<

I agree with your sentiment but its somewhat embarrassing for Beeb who gave this guy a platform in the first place. I did wonder why in the youtube video the introductions were cut off.

While what he said may be true, the story would have held more credibility if he had been working for a recognised trading company or even if he just had authorisation from the FSA.

With this phoney and the MoneyMindful article last week do we detect a concerted covert operation to undermine this forum?

(Lepista's Libya analogy may have more relevance than first thought)

Edited by nmarks

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

While what he said may be true, the story would have held more credibility if he had been working for a recognised trading company or even if he just had authorisation from the FSA.

Although a tenuious link :) Albert Einstein was an assistant patent examiner yet had insights the physics community hadn't dreamt of.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

So, if you can talk the talk and walk the walk, convince enough people without doing the background checks....it must be correct. ;)

Mr Rastani has hired Max Clifford, so he's sorted ....

Independent diary

Telegenic trader Alessio Rastani is the talk of Twitter following his controversial BBC News appearance. Contrary to conspiracy theory, he's no prankster; he hosts seminars for The Wealth Training Company, purveyors of get-rich-quick stock market courses. His boss Darren Winters was on a conference call, so I spoke instead to Tatjana Valujeva, Winters' partner, who seemed baffled that her colleague should be on the BBC at all. "I find it hilarious," she said. "If you walked around Canary Wharf, every second person you spoke to would be more qualified than Alessio to talk about the financial crisis." So is he a popular chap? "His stock market seminars are very popular... They'll be even more popular now!" Rastani, she explained, called in sick yesterday, so overwhelmed was he by the media attention. Luckily, he has since enlisted Max Clifford to do his PR.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Half a million views on YouTube and his website is down either due to too many people trying to access it or GS. He's certainly getting his 15 minutes of fame. It'll do his training/speaking/publishing career a lot of good.

It's now a million views. And he's milking it. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/alessio-rastani-makes-us-prime-time-tv-circuit

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

The Yes Men respond to rumours:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/sep/29/alessio-rastani-no-prank

This week, an insignificant market trader and self-proclaimed financial self-help guru, Alessio Rastani, rocketed to stardom after speaking frankly on the BBC about the collapsing market and his plans to make money from it. We Yes Men heard about it right away, because soon after the broadcast, people started emailing from all over the world to congratulate us on another prank well done. They couldn't imagine that a real trader could possibly speak so candidly about the market, so they assumed Rastani was one of our posturings.

He wasn't. Rastani is small potatoes, but he's a real trader. And he said nothing that would suggest otherwise; he simply described what he does, more honestly than a true insider would, but quite accurately. "Every night I dream of another recession," Rastani said, and explained that it's possible to make huge money from a big crisis even when millions of others lose their life savings, and worse.

Well, duh. Don't we all know that Goldman Sachs bet against the same housing market they were such a big player in, and made $1bn in profit when the sub-prime crisis rendered millions of Americans homeless? John Paulson, the manager whose hedge fund was betting for Goldman, could have honestly said exactly what Rastani said, but of course he knew better – possibly because unlike Rastani, Paulson's firm had a major, immediate and provable impact, and there's no telling how his millions of victims might have reacted. Unlike Rastani, true industry insiders like Paulson, Geithner et al remain silent about the way their system works, couching it all in technical jargon and full-on deceit. They've been doing it for decades, and, since Ronald Reagan's day, with increasing consistency.

Lately, it hasn't been working so well. Something has been speaking in very plain language to millions of people. The crowds amassing in cities from New York to Athens to Paris are just the tip of the iceberg, just the most visible of all those who have long known, viscerally, that Rastani's point of view is actually mainstream. Those people also know that, armed with truth and awareness, anything is possible.

As Michael Moore pointed out to those occupying Liberty Plaza near Wall Street, in America it's just 400 people who own as much as most of the rest of us put together. And when the rest of us decide we really want to change the rules of the game, and take back this country for all the people, those 400 won't be able to do anything about it.