House Price Crash Forum

Gold strategy in the current economy

HOLA441
HOLA442

Any idea what's caused this drop?

People selling up Gold to buy Bitcoin, they want real returns with something that cant be watered down with ever expanding fraudulent paper contracts.

But probably more sellers than buyers is my guess, is the usual cause of a drop of anything in price. 

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I watched this and thought of you, you will find it interesting, but sadly for you, Bitcoin does have a big role as a global reserve asset.

Fully clothed I hope... 🤣 I've just watched it... interesting and well presented. However... he like you, appear wildly optimistic about BTC's integration into the financial system and I just don't see why TPTB would entertain the idea. Especially when they can use the BTC source code, rename it, compile it and release BTC2 which they control. Anyway... I think the specifics of BTC should probably stay on the BTC thread... however he made me laugh when he said BTC was a better store of value than gold, because the number of BTC is finite. Quantity is one dimension... price is another... He also made me laugh when he said BTC had intrinsic value... Don't think so. Turn off the grid and see what you're left with.

HOLA4410

The stock market's shot up on the news that a Covid vaccine that's 90% effective has been created. Good luck with that world!

Any vaccine that has been developed as quick & hasn't had time to research possible long term effects is well dodgy imo.... I'll certainly not be volunteering as a guinnea pig anytime soon...

HOLA4411

Any vaccine that has been developed as quick & hasn't had time to research possible long term effects is well dodgy imo.... I'll certainly not be volunteering as a guinnea pig anytime soon...

ditto...and there is a big economic incentive to cut some (many) corners. Baseless optimism will be the rule here with realists painted as old fuddy duddy pessimists. Thats IF its been developed recently. As someone has just posted on the main vaccine thread, it could be the Blue Peter vaccine...heres one I made earlier. If true then theres all sorts of questions to answer.

Anyhow, the brain washing will start...look out for the virtue signalling pro vaxers demonizing the anti vaxers. We will probably start to hear about vaccine "deniers" soon, because that seems to be the nuke used to win any argument ATM.

Personally i am not an antivaxer...I have been jabbed plenty in my life thank you very much, but I will let this play itself out for a few months before I go anywhere near it.

HOLA4412

ditto...and there is a big economic incentive to cut some (many) corners. Baseless optimism will be the rule here with realists painted as old fuddy duddy pessimists. Thats IF its been developed recently. As someone has just posted on the main vaccine thread, it could be the Blue Peter vaccine...heres one I made earlier. If true then theres all sorts of questions to answer.

Anyhow, the brain washing will start...look out for the virtue signalling pro vaxers demonizing the anti vaxers. We will probably start to hear about vaccine "deniers" soon, because that seems to be the nuke used to win any argument ATM.

Personally i am not an antivaxer...I have been jabbed plenty in my life thank you very much, but I will let this play itself out for a few months before I go anywhere near it.

Same here... have travelled& had many vaccines but I'll give this one at least 3 years....

HOLA4413

Non Vaxer’s will be required to sew a blue cloth star on their outer clothes so they can be identified and excluded for public places and services. 

HOLA4414

We didn't give my son the MMR, we paid for the individual Measles, Mumps and Rubella injections... I'd make the same decision again. Neither my son or I will have this vaccine until it's been through 7 years of testing. Neither of us are at risk. The pharmaceutical companies are seeking liability indemnity from the government and the average development time of a vaccine is 7 years... not 7 months! This vaccine has NOT been through the normal licencing process... That should tell you everything you need to know!

HOLA4415

Fully clothed I hope... 🤣 I've just watched it... interesting and well presented. However... he like you, appear wildly optimistic about BTC's integration into the financial system and I just don't see why TPTB would entertain the idea. Especially when they can use the BTC source code, rename it, compile it and release BTC2 which they control. Anyway... I think the specifics of BTC should probably stay on the BTC thread... however he made me laugh when he said BTC was a better store of value than gold, because the number of BTC is finite. Quantity is one dimension... price is another... He also made me laugh when he said BTC had intrinsic value... Don't think so. Turn off the grid and see what you're left with.

You have clearly misunderstood btc if you think the source can be copied, released as v2 and is then under their control. There is no central point of control. There are network effects and everyone must agree on the rules of the protocol.

We didn't give my son the MMR, we paid for the individual Measles, Mumps and Rubella injections... I'd make the same decision again. Neither my son or I will have this vaccine until it's been through 7 years of testing. Neither of us are at risk. The pharmaceutical companies are seeking liability indemnity from the government and the average development time of a vaccine is 7 years... not 7 months! This vaccine has NOT been through the normal licencing process... That should tell you everything you need to know!

Your prerogative, at least you got him the individual vaccines. Though with no evidence against taking MMR I’d say it’s a bit of a waste. I’ll be taking the covid vaccine as soon as it is approved by the medical safety standards institutions. The risk of long term side effects are way less than the risk of long term complications from covid. Why does everyone only concentrate on at risk for death figures for covid and forgets long term effects, but are quick to think about long term for a vaccine...

Anyway, off topic for the thread. I’m still holding my gold and miners but for now am not adding to positions 

HOLA4416

You have clearly misunderstood btc if you think the source can be copied, released as v2 and is then under their control. There is no central point of control. There are network effects and everyone must agree on the rules of the protocol.

Your prerogative, at least you got him the individual vaccines. Though with no evidence against taking MMR I’d say it’s a bit of a waste. I’ll be taking the covid vaccine as soon as it is approved by the medical safety standards institutions. The risk of long term side effects are way less than the risk of long term complications from covid. Why does everyone only concentrate on at risk for death figures for covid and forgets long term effects, but are quick to think about long term for a vaccine...

Anyway, off topic for the thread. I’m still holding my gold and miners but for now am not adding to positions 

I haven't misunderstood it at all... it's just you're playing the BTC game with your friends... there's nothing to stop another group of friends using the same source code and having their own BTC party. They'll agree their own rules.

There is evidence that MMR caused autism in "some" people. THERE IS... if you just believe what the pharma industry tell you then... you haven't assessed the risks. I did and made a decision. For the sake of a few hundred pounds, my son wasn't exposed to that risk. That's cheap for peace of mind.

The Covid vaccine is a HUGE risk... You have to do a risk assessment and if you weren't at risk... why take a risk? Crazy... They'll have to make it law for me to have it.

HOLA4417

I haven't misunderstood it at all... it's just you're playing the BTC game with your friends... there's nothing to stop another group of friends using the same source code and having their own BTC party. They'll agree their own rules.

There is evidence that MMR caused autism in "some" people. THERE IS... if you just believe what the pharma industry tell you then... you haven't assessed the risks. I did and made a decision. For the sake of a few hundred pounds, my son wasn't exposed to that risk. That's cheap for peace of mind.

The Covid vaccine is a HUGE risk... You have to do a risk assessment and if you weren't at risk... why take a risk? Crazy... They'll have to make it law for me to have it.

yes you are correct, but they wouldn't want Bitcoin in any form even if they own it.

they would want a back-door somehow to allow some inflation, and thus that will be found and then no-one would want it.

HOLA4418

Who are people going to listen to, Goldbug nocoiners like you, or an little USA bank called J.P. Morgan. 

https://news.bitcoin.com/jpmorgan-gold-etfs-bitcoin/

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

yes you are correct, but they wouldn't want Bitcoin in any form even if they own it.

they would want a back-door somehow to allow some inflation, and thus that will be found and then no-one would want it.

I agree... they like the premise of the technology, but they've clearly developer their own version.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425