House Price Crash Forum

Gold strategy in the current economy

HOLA441
52 minutes ago, Killer Bunny said:

If you are in JGF it soared already.

Then again post September.

Run by the Greek Idiot. Launched in 2010 @ £1.00, reached a 2010 ATH @ £1.60ish, currently 54.57p .   I managed to buy a big chunk @ £1.53, the rest i paid less for.  So it needs to 3 x from it's current price. When will this happen?

HOLA442
2 hours ago, markyh said:

Run by the Greek Idiot. Launched in 2010 @ £1.00, reached a 2010 ATH @ £1.60ish, currently 54.57p .   I managed to buy a big chunk @ £1.53, the rest i paid less for.  So it needs to 3 x from it's current price. When will this happen?

You’re pathetic.  You bought at the wrong time.

The fund is brilliant. Angelos is brilliant.

The fund doesn’t NEED to do anything. But it will do more than pretty well all miners funds over the next couple or few years.

HOLA443
HOLA444
12 minutes ago, Killer Bunny said:

You’re pathetic.  You bought at the wrong time.

The fund is brilliant. Angelos is brilliant.

The fund doesn’t NEED to do anything. But it will do more than pretty well all miners funds over the next couple or few years.

Great, so he might do his job then and make me a profit, maybe after 15 years. Good mate of mine  was a Client Services Manager for Capita Financial when "the Greek" was trying to launch the fund, looking after Him. he was advised not to in 2009, so he ignored their consulting banks advice and went to a competitor bank and launched with them in 2010. Had 6 months of success then the fund tanked in 2011 onwards. 

I only discovered this in a boozy snowed in mates pub chat in Winter 2012 when i mention how crap JGT was doing for me. Then i was told the story. 

How can he be brilliant, apart from the 1st 12 months of launch he hasn't even been able to even maintain the bloody £1 unit launch price ever since. You seemed just to have got lucky again buying low.  

It's like buying into a property fund launched in 1988, but not buying in until 1996, and saying how wonderful the fund manager is in 2004 when prices are back to 1986 levels. 

He was advised it was not the time to launch his fund and he ignored banks who new better and went with a bank who didnt care and lost all his initial clients money, because it was the wrong time as advised.

HOLA445

How dare you blame someone else for your mistakes? So the fund launched and soared in the bull and collapsed in the bear. WTF is unique about that?

It’s a huge bull market. You’re an idiot for staying in, in the bear mkt. I’m now muting you.

HOLA446

I think silver is overbought here... have been looking at the long long term cup and handle in silver for years and now the handle itself is turning into a cup, so there's a battle between the cup and the channel (with spike taken out). anyways, just my thoughts... could be a load of **** and probably is. good luck

ag_oversold.jpg

HOLA447
3 minutes ago, p.p. said:

I think silver is overbought here... have been looking at the long long term cup and handle in silver for years and now the handle itself is turning into a cup, so there's a battle between the cup and the channel (with spike taken out). anyways, just my thoughts... could be a load of **** and probably is. good luck

ag_oversold.jpg

Hello mate, hope you're well! What's the timescale across the bottom?

HOLA448
1 minute ago, warpig said:

Hey man - how's it going? yes well thanks... older but no wiser lol

sorry - removed that for  'artistic licence' have attached below the rough cut (in £ bcos that works for me)

Capture.PNG

HOLA449
HOLA4410
7 minutes ago, p.p. said:

Hey man - how's it going? yes well thanks... older but no wiser lol

sorry - removed that for  'artistic licence' have attached below the rough cut (in £ bcos that works for me)

Yeah good thanks... I feel your pain brother - can't believe I've been on here for 15 years!!! it's been a long game!

Thanks for the chart... doesn't look unreasonable to me although I tend to think in dollars. I'm thinking it will go north of $100 in time... how can gold and silver not soar in the current environment? It's been a long time coming, but clearly it's back on.

Glad you're doing well!

HOLA4411
20 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Silver is going to $30 and then $50 do not short it . Very dangerous due to plenty of upside. I can't give you timeframe ask @Killer Bunny

I’ve said seems to me US$ correcting from here so PMs to correct. Till ~ mid Sep.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
6 hours ago, warpig said:

6 weeks or so pullback to $19-20 ish,another 6 weeks to base,retest and rebreak $22 by my reckoning,and then thunderbirds are go!! should be off to the races again september/october sometime,and then HODL!!!

HOLA4414
12 minutes ago, oracle said:

6 weeks or so pullback to $19-20 ish,another 6 weeks to base,retest and rebreak $22 by my reckoning,and then thunderbirds are go!! should be off to the races again september/october sometime,and then HODL!!!

Yep about 6 weeks. Shouldn’t need another 6 for Gold to get going.

Finally someone else who understands the market.

Edited by Killer Bunny

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
7 minutes ago, Killer Bunny said:

Yep about 6 weeks.

Finally someone else who understands the market.

it's a bit of a gamble on my part,but I sold my FR.TO at CAD$18.30 ish(bought $12.50), RSI and MACD said so, looking for retracement back to 50MA,somewhere around the CAD$15 mark, will buy again sub $15,that's still a nice quick 30%

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
4 minutes ago, oracle said:

it's a bit of a gamble on my part,but I sold my FR.TO at CAD$18.30 ish(bought $12.50), RSI and MACD said so, looking for retracement back to 50MA,somewhere around the CAD$15 mark, will buy again sub $15,that's still a nice quick 30%

I’m Old Turkey and we cut ours in half over the last week. Buy back in several weeks.  The next year I expect to let run for about a year. It’s going to be AMAZING!

I might sell the rest on a double top. On verra.

Edited by Killer Bunny

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
6 hours ago, warpig said:

Thx for posting. Not a gold follower...never understood it ? but as it reaches highs I know what that signals in the wider economy so I check into this thread every few weeks.  

Last few minutes of this video are a gem. It’s not QE that’s driving stock prices up and helping the economy it is sentiment of people that believe QE will in the future help the economy. 

So true, each day I see shares rally, a house price report saying prices up and then some company (or three) confirming more bad new and more redundancies. 

Unbelievable faith there is no downside for from some people. 

Rising gold price (plus the odd share price fall eg Lloyd’s) is now starting to reveal underlying weaknesses many have know to be their for for time.

Hmmm....I may have to understand gold more and buy a little because whilst I tend to ‘guess thing correctly ‘ but I genuinely have no idea what will happen over the next 12 months.