House Price Crash Forum

New Mpc Member Is A Dove

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

He/She will have been hand pick for the job in hand.....i.e. keeping rates nice and low until a wheelbarrow is required to carry the cash for a loaf of bread and a dozen eggs.

Laughable, but this is what we must bare in order to keep "hard working families" paying their massive mortgages to the banks. :rolleyes:

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

The new MPC member is a dove - another fool who can't see the inflation around him - probably due to the size of his paycheck?

N00b Goldmen Sachs votes for a hold in rates

I'm sure he can see the inflation around him, but apparently the only bad form of inflation is wage inflation for the proles (wage inflation for the already wealthy on the other hand is perfectly acceptable of course).

It concerns me as a patriot that we have people pulling the strings who are not concerned about the fate of my country, but are concerned only with the protection of their own financial interests (property portfolios, anyone?) and those of their privileged pals.

Too much concerned with what the 'markets' want, and not enough about what normal people need.

This isn't the 'politics of envy' - it's the politics of not wanting greedy idiots to destroy the place I call home.

Time for a letter to my MP I think.

I would implore you to do the same.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

It's hilarious the way they have the nerve to appoint an ex-vampire squid worker to this post. The way JP Morgue and the Squid have infiltrated almost every level of world finance is worrying in the extreme.

vampire-squid.jpg

Edited by Errol

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Yes, so surprising that the Goldman Sachs stooge ende up being an arch-dove. Poor Stephanie Flanders, she must have been so surprised when the sun rose this morning, that was so unpredictable for her.

hahaha :lol:

she does work for the BBC ie only those with a distinct lack of intelligence need apply :P

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Meanwhile at Wimbledon...The boss is having a good time! :blink:

Good to see Sir King being vigilant!

Greek crisis...what Greek crisis!?

New balls 'notes' please...

Edited by spp

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

The new MPC member is a dove - another fool who can't see the inflation around him - probably due to the size of his paycheck?

N00b Goldmen Sachs votes for a hold in rates

What I don't get is how Posen can keep voting for an increase in QE. What possible reasoning can he have for doing so, given the MPC remit of tackling inflation.

I guess one of the puppets needs to keep the appearance of a possibility of further QE, to show the markets how vigilant they are.

HOLA4420

I'm sure he can see the inflation around him, but apparently the only bad form of inflation is wage inflation for the proles (wage inflation for the already wealthy on the other hand is perfectly acceptable of course).

It concerns me as a patriot that we have people pulling the strings who are not concerned about the fate of my country, but are concerned only with the protection of their own financial interests (property portfolios, anyone?) and those of their privileged pals.

Too much concerned with what the 'markets' want, and not enough about what normal people need.

This isn't the 'politics of envy' - it's the politics of not wanting greedy idiots to destroy the place I call home.

well said +1

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I don't think even the markets got what the markets wanted. Most of these people should have gone under along with the banks.

HOLA4423

Yes, so surprising that the Goldman Sachs stooge ende up being an arch-dove. Poor Stephanie Flanders, she must have been so surprised when the sun rose this morning, that was so unpredictable for her.

Flanders is a presstitute, just like Evan Davis and Hugh Pym

Flanders excels at parroting out establishment conspiracy theories, e.g.

1. Sub-prime - it's all in America, we don't have any sub-prime lending here in the UK

2. Last year's bailout of Greece was going to see them right in the bond market for three years, at least

3. Coalition spending cuts

She'll have to leave the country when the SHTF, same as Eton Dave Camoron

HOLA4424

On the original theme of this thread of the new MPC member Ben Broadbent being a dove I saw this amusing analysis earlier.

What happened at the last MPC Meeting?

As I pointed out in yesterdays update there was some significance in the voting pattern. The new member Ben Broadbent, an ex-employee of the Vampire Squid itself, voted with the majority for no change. As the next President of the European Central Bank Mario Draghi is also an ex-employee of Goldman Sachs I am reminded again of the description of a Vampire Squid.

wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money

The effect of Mr.Broadbent’s vote was that the MPC was now split 1-6-2 rather than 1-5-3 which means that any interest rate rise looks even further away in spite of the fact that the official inflation measure CPI is at 4.5% which is more than twice its targeted level of 2%. Indeed not only is it twice its target but it is also expected to go higher in the next few months. So we have one member asking for more Quantitative Easing, six voting for unchanged policy, and two asking for an increase of 0.25% in interest-rates. If you had asked a selection of people 2/3 years ago where they think interest-rates would be with inflation more than twice its target I doubt whether anyone would have guessed the current level. Indeed if you told them the truth they would probably have struggled to believe you.

http://t.co/eqKp0Q8

HOLA4425

He/She will have been hand pick for the job in hand.....i.e. keeping rates nice and low until a wheelbarrow is required to carry the cash for a loaf of bread and a dozen eggs.

Laughable, but this is what we must bare in order to keep "hard working families" paying their massive mortgages to the banks. :rolleyes:

Once those eggs are worth that much cash those 'massive mortgages' will be miniscule. This what I think they all want.