House Price Crash Forum

Britains Demise Into Second Rate Nation Is Programmed Into Your Brains

bpw

HOLA441

http://www.economist.com/blogs/bagehot/2011/03/britain_and_eu

This article is an outstanding summary of the dilemma facing an increasingly xenophobic Britain. As a europhile I am disappointed to see Brits galvanize around the Alf Grarnet politics of those who find europe 'nauseating'. The stakes however are high. I have speculated here for the past couple of years that the EU will consolidate and drive further economic and fiscal harmonization. When that happens the EU will get stronger, the EURO will recover and get stronger. Britain will then be faced with growing reluctance to include them in policy-making and economic development.

Of course, there are those who think the UK will somehow be free to increase ties and harmonization with the USA. Good luck to you. If you think the USA is looking out for anyone other than Gods Country then they are seriously mistaken - the US Air Force Tanker contract and recent debacle over the F35 Joint Srike fighter show how any US - UK pact would work. Moreover, the USA is bankrupt just like the UK and there are growing signs that the country will look like India in 25 years.

Eurasia knows that Wall St and The City cheated the world with toxic securities. There are clear signs the China and Russia have decided to align with Europe - statements saying as much have been made by Wen Jiao and recent decisions by Russia to sell oil in non-dollar currencies shows how they see an opportunity. If I was a betting man i would bet that the UK will be forced to exit the EUs top tier with serious consequences for trade and development. You get what you deserve in the end but sadly the youth of Britain are brainwashed by vested interests in the press - oddly you are all able to see how VIs poisoned Britains housiong market and yet you are blind to those with a vested interest in maintaining governance of britain. What other country in europe is polluted by a Royal Family (aka scrounging, high cost, sub average intelligence, embarrasment).

Britain belongs to the young and its time for them to learn and be politically active.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/bagehot/2011/03/britain_and_eu' rel="external nofollow">

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

All operate at a much lower level than the Queen and the Greek and the buffoon, and illigitimate, and the bribeme, and the...... . And, I don't recall them having expensive training to be helicopter pilots;-)

And for the record there are 27 countries in the Eurozone. Britain's pathetic culture of defining people by class and herritage stems from the Civil List and is laughable in a modern democracy. Americans love it because they dont have it.

Off the top of my head, Spain, Denmark, Sweden and Holland all have royal families.

What a good little europhile you are.

HOLA445
HOLA446

I'ma europhile, I have a great fondness for many european countries. I just don't want to be governed by some hideous beaurocratic edifice spawned from all theworst parts of it..... and neither do most of the people in the rest of europe.

I am also a great admirer of the US, and many commonwealth countries... and I still think we have more in common with these nations than we do with France, Italy or Greece for example.

It is typical of the pro-EU zealots to try and equate the above sentiment with some sort of fabricated hatred or racism. Unfortunately they generally succeed.

HOLA447

All operate at a much lower level than the Queen and the Greek and the buffoon, and illigitimate, and the bribeme, and the...... . And, I don't recall them having expensive training to be helicopter pilots;-)

And for the record there are 27 countries in the Eurozone. Britain's pathetic culture of defining people by class and herritage stems from the Civil List and is laughable in a modern democracy. Americans love it because they dont have it.

You don't know what you're talking about, do you?

There are only 17 countries in the Eurozone; the other 10 members of the EU do not use the Euro.

As for expensive military training, from memory the Prince of Orange trained at the Dutch Naval College and similar things are standard for all the European Royal families. Even countries which don't have monarchies still have the rest of the old aristocracy.

HOLA448

Excuse me, but I appear to have missed the bit where you or the Economist have demonstrated that the plutocrats who control the EU give any more of a t0ss about the plebs than the plutocrats who control the US or the UK

HOLA449
HOLA4410

What utter rot. I would consider myself a Europhile - I am British but live in continental Europe - but don't confuse being a Europhile with being an EU-phile - the two are very different things. It's a manipulation of language by pro-EU federalists who want more and more Brussels bureaucracy and try to make out that anyone who doesn't must therefore hate all things 'European' from Burgundy to Beethoven.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
I have speculated here for the past couple of years that the EU will consolidate and drive further economic and fiscal harmonization. When that happens the EU will get stronger, the EURO will recover and get stronger.

2hgYt.jpg

I have speculated here for the past couple of years that the EU

Britain belongs to the young and its time for them to learn and be politically active.

VRpMS.jpg

HOLA4415

http://www.economist.com/blogs/bagehot/2011/03/britain_and_eu

This article is an outstanding summary of the dilemma facing an increasingly xenophobic Britain. As a europhile I am disappointed to see Brits galvanize around the Alf Grarnet politics of those who find europe 'nauseating'. The stakes however are high. I have speculated here for the past couple of years that the EU will consolidate and drive further economic and fiscal harmonization. When that happens the EU will get stronger, the EURO will recover and get stronger. Britain will then be faced with growing reluctance to include them in policy-making and economic development.

Of course, there are those who think the UK will somehow be free to increase ties and harmonization with the USA. Good luck to you. If you think the USA is looking out for anyone other than Gods Country then they are seriously mistaken - the US Air Force Tanker contract and recent debacle over the F35 Joint Srike fighter show how any US - UK pact would work. Moreover, the USA is bankrupt just like the UK and there are growing signs that the country will look like India in 25 years.

Eurasia knows that Wall St and The City cheated the world with toxic securities. There are clear signs the China and Russia have decided to align with Europe - statements saying as much have been made by Wen Jiao and recent decisions by Russia to sell oil in non-dollar currencies shows how they see an opportunity. If I was a betting man i would bet that the UK will be forced to exit the EUs top tier with serious consequences for trade and development. You get what you deserve in the end but sadly the youth of Britain are brainwashed by vested interests in the press - oddly you are all able to see how VIs poisoned Britains housiong market and yet you are blind to those with a vested interest in maintaining governance of britain. What other country in europe is polluted by a Royal Family (aka scrounging, high cost, sub average intelligence, embarrasment).

http://www.economist.com/blogs/bagehot/2011/03/britain_and_eu' rel="external nofollow">

Before EU: greatest country in the world, owned 1/4 of the world

After EU: bankrupt, third-world cesspit.

Of course the EU is in no way the chief cause of our problems- most are self-inflicted. But it certainly isn't the wonderful road to Neverland, that NWO neoliberals like you think it is.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

What utter rot. I would consider myself a Europhile - I am British but live in continental Europe - but don't confuse being a Europhile with being an EU-phile - the two are very different things. It's a manipulation of language by pro-EU federalists who want more and more Brussels bureaucracy and try to make out that anyone who doesn't must therefore hate all things 'European' from Burgundy to Beethoven.

+1 with bells on!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Hmmm, let's see who doesnt know what he is talking about!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union

It's a union of 27, with 10 outside the EUROzone. The population of the union is 450mln, with a combined GPD 30 per cent larger than tthe USA (a fact that is often denied in the US media who just the other day carped on about how important the USA is as the worlds largest economy. Thats only true by country not by currency! .

And did you bother to read the article? Or my post?

You don't know what you're talking about, do you?

There are only 17 countries in the Eurozone; the other 10 members of the EU do not use the Euro.

As for expensive military training, from memory the Prince of Orange trained at the Dutch Naval College and similar things are standard for all the European Royal families. Even countries which don't have monarchies still have the rest of the old aristocracy.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

When did i say they did?

I am talking about global prowess. My point is the UK is an anachronism and will loose influence - assuming we continue to deny our europeanes..... anyone who thinks brits are more like americans than europeans are plain wrong. Likewise most of Britains trade is with the EU. You think american industry will slow production to allow britain to shift its manufacturing exports to Texas? Dream on.

Excuse me, but I appear to have missed the bit where you or the Economist have demonstrated that the plutocrats who control the EU give any more of a t0ss about the plebs than the plutocrats who control the US or the UK

HOLA4423
Before EU: greatest country in the world, owned 1/4 of the world

After EU: bankrupt, third-world cesspit.

The fate of the British Empire was sealed when the Irish Free State was set up in 1922. The message to the rest of the British Empire was that if the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland (as it was then) couldn't even hold itself together, the idea of independence for the 'colonies' wasn't too far-fetched. The biggest exit from the British Empire was India in 1948. Most of the British possessions were gone by 1970. The Empire became the Commonwealth, with countries like Canada, Australia and New Zealand keeping the British monarch as head of state because their populations were largely of British ancestry.

The UK joined the Common Market, predecessor of the European Union, in 1973. We had tried to join before but entry had been vetoed by French president De Gaulle, despite the fact that Winston Churchill was one of the founders of the European movement.

So joining the EU didn't cause us to lose our empire, it was long-gone by 1973.

The way out of our current problems, if there is a way, is to get back to inventing, designing, making and selling things that improve peoples' lives - oh, and joining the euro might help too, when the conditions are right.

Edited by Hyperduck Quack Quack

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

When did i say they did?

I am talking about global prowess. My point is the UK is an anachronism and will loose influence - assuming we continue to deny our europeanes..... anyone who thinks brits are more like americans than europeans are plain wrong. Likewise most of Britains trade is with the EU. You think american industry will slow production to allow britain to shift its manufacturing exports to Texas? Dream on.

As has already been pointed out in this thread, in spades, you appear to be conflating Europe with the EU and using the terms interchangeably which is, whether intentional or not, a deceit

I haven't seen much criticism of 'Europe' on this thread but a heck of a lot criticism directed at the EU. Given the elitist, unaccountable nature of the EU project it deserves every scrap of abuse that it gets imho