House Price Crash Forum

"house Prices By Fell 34% Since 2007" - Says Halifax/ft

Van

HOLA441

http://www.ftadviser.com/FTAdviser/Mortgages/News/article/20110228/85055aec-40f7-11e0-8e70-00144f2af8e8/House-prices-fell-by-34-since-2007-says-Halifax.jsp

"The lender revealed the areas with the worst house price falls were all in the North, with Jarrow's 34 per cent fall the worst in the country, although average prices in Maidenhead in Berkshire were down 27.1 per cent."

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Those are big impressive figures but I've yet to see anywhere close to those sorts of falls in my neck of the woods. The small falls were virtually erased with the Brown's mini boom that followed.

The fall in house prices is starting to look more and more like the offers at supermarkets, when you look more closely you realise they are trying to fool you with fudged numbers.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

my local Netto (West Leeds) does 2x 4 pint bottles of milk for £1.50, which is outrageous

It always amazes me that people will happily pay £2 for a bottle of coke/fizzy sugar water but will balk at paying half that amount for organic or unpasteurised milk.

You are what you eat.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Anyone know the % drop for Birmingham? Guessing nearly 20%

For the southerners:

Jarrow, Washington and people from Ashington are live very close to Newcastle upon Tyne. They're basically north eastern towns. We're talking 20 minutes drive or thereabouts from Newcastle city centre. The farthers out is probably Ashington. Proper smack place, leading in the area I think.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

For the southerners:

Jarrow, Washington and people from Ashington are live very close to Newcastle upon Tyne. They're basically north eastern towns. We're talking 20 minutes drive or thereabouts from Newcastle city centre. The farthers out is probably Ashington. Proper smack place, leading in the area I think.

Heard of Washington before, i worked at Dunlop Tyres in Birmingham in 2000, when they closed the factory down, people could move to the Washington plant from the Birmingham one and let the Washington workers go voluntary if they wanted. Heard a few people went up to scout around, houses where going for £10k then. Dunlop have no closed the Washington plant also.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

After years of saying house prices are just flattening or just down a few percent and generally trying to hide and mask the downturn now they've turned to blaring out news about huge price drops all over the place and more than 30% price drops in quite a few places.

They're probably reflecting reality now although their motives are suspect.

Whatever, their credibility is still in the BoE's credibility zone, that is below zero.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4425

After years of saying house prices are just flattening or just down a few percent and generally trying to hide and mask the downturn now they've turned to blaring out news about huge price drops all over the place and more than 30% price drops in quite a few places.

They're probably reflecting reality now although their motives are suspect.

Whatever, their credibility is still in the BoE's credibility zone, that is below zero.

The banks are probably ready to load the next generation up with mortgages.For that to happen we need serious crash times. The media and the indexes will now blare from the rooftops about how this is the greatest opportunity ever. There are going to be a great many very peed off little debt slaves up and down the land. How many will default, how many will just take it up the hole and keep paying? In this part of Edinburgh just a walk outside tells you that something has changed, you can almost feel the asset deflation in the air, like some f*ucked up Stephen King novel just before Evil takes over the town. The beyond the means cars are still sitting there, but people are less loud, less cocky,egos are deflating. Very interesting times.

Edited by dances with sheeple