House Price Crash Forum

Valentines Day Is Approaching

The Masked Tulip

HOLA441

I am only aware of this due to the fact that the supermarkets are stuffed full of bottles of pink sparkling wine and boxes of chocolates - interestingly while many are still trying to sell chocolate from Christmas - and that the dating sites have suddenly become swamped with new female joiners.

Being a single woman in the UK during February appears to be a thing of much angst - and has them rushing en masse to the dating sites. I wonder if men do the same thing? I doubt it.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I'd ban the bloody thing along with mother's day etc.., causes so much more grief than anything - either through those who have no lover/mother etc. getting untimely reminders or those who do feeling disatisfied with the other's appreciation on the day.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

A mate asked about a boys night out on Saturday 12th, to which anothee mate said "I can't, it Valentine's weekend". When the ****** did it become a ******ing weekend?

Luckily I'm married so don't have to bother with that soppy, sentimental shit any more.

:o

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Which bit?

The 'Luckily I'm married' bit.

Nah it was your mate having no balls I was shocked at !!

In fact that goes for either sex. Nobody should be forced into doing something they really cannot be arsed with. Yet couples do it all the time. A bit of give and take is fine - but some just take hte piss.

Some of my mates have started giving it the 'Brownie points' and 'Free pass for the weekend' chat. :angry:

Sounds like they are in ******ing jail !! Which I suppose they are in a way.

HOLA4413

Just re-activatedmy profile on POF and have been inundated within minutes with emails - some of these ladies get more and more desperate the closer they get to Feb 14th it seems.

Just had a cracking series of email exchanges, within 10 minutes of re-activating my profile, from a lady who sent me a one line first email, who then followed it up with two emails about how all the men on the site just want her for sex - she is very pretty looking - and want to 'penetrate her' - her words - before going on to talk about a relationship being things other than sex and that sex is not that important.

So I emailed back and suggested that for 99.9% of men, and a significant majority of women, a healthy sex life is considered an important and healthy part of a relationship... and that most people seeking a relationship are aware that a healthy sex life will be one of the main cornerstones, not all, of the relationship... and I get this long email back claiming that I think she has issues with sex and if I want to think that then so be it...

All this within 5 to 10 minutes...

And, yes, it does sound like she has issues with having a sexual relationship.

HOLA4414

Every month or two I go back to Plenty of Fish and have a look around, and without fail I end up basically depressed at what I read.

I've never known anything that would put me off the idea of getting into a new relationship more than most POF profiles.

A friend of mine used it for about 6 months, had loads of sex, each 'relationship' lasting between one night and one month. Each woman, without fail, had 'issues' of some sort (don't get me wrong, I'm not saying my friend is perfect). What was interesting was that over the 6 month period he went form boasting about what a stud he was to admitting to me that the whole experience was in the end quite depressing.

Does anyone know if the paid sites have a higher number of sane women?

HOLA4415

Every month or two I go back to Plenty of Fish and have a look around, and without fail I end up basically depressed at what I read.

I've never known anything that would put me off the idea of getting into a new relationship more than most POF profiles.

A friend of mine used it for about 6 months, had loads of sex, each 'relationship' lasting between one night and one month. Each woman, without fail, had 'issues' of some sort (don't get me wrong, I'm not saying my friend is perfect). What was interesting was that over the 6 month period he went form boasting about what a stud he was to admitting to me that the whole experience was in the end quite depressing.

Does anyone know if the paid sites have a higher number of sane women?

I feel just like your friend.

I have found that women, in my area of Wales anyhow, usually start at first on the paid sites thinking that paying will somehow get them a better date... and within 3 months top 99% of them end up on POF.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Nah it was your mate having no balls I was shocked at !!

In fact that goes for either sex. Nobody should be forced into doing something they really cannot be arsed with. Yet couples do it all the time. A bit of give and take is fine - but some just take hte piss.

Some of my mates have started giving it the 'Brownie points' and 'Free pass for the weekend' chat. :angry:

Sounds like they are in ******ing jail !! Which I suppose they are in a way.

Me and my OH joke about having a 'pass-out', when in reality we do what the hell we like, as long as the kids aren't home alone..

That said, I'm not sure everyone else is joking about it. OH went out drinking with a newly single mate, and got asked several times 'what time does she want you back by?' Poor bloke didn't believe my OH when he told him I don't set a curfew!!!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Just re-activatedmy profile on POF and have been inundated within minutes with emails - some of these ladies get more and more desperate the closer they get to Feb 14th it seems.

Just had a cracking series of email exchanges, within 10 minutes of re-activating my profile, from a lady who sent me a one line first email, who then followed it up with two emails about how all the men on the site just want her for sex - she is very pretty looking - and want to 'penetrate her' - her words - before going on to talk about a relationship being things other than sex and that sex is not that important.

So I emailed back and suggested that for 99.9% of men, and a significant majority of women, a healthy sex life is considered an important and healthy part of a relationship... and that most people seeking a relationship are aware that a healthy sex life will be one of the main cornerstones, not all, of the relationship... and I get this long email back claiming that I think she has issues with sex and if I want to think that then so be it...

All this within 5 to 10 minutes...

And, yes, it does sound like she has issues with having a sexual relationship.

She's just playing hard to get

HOLA4420

She's just playing hard to get

:lol:

Nah, adults who believe they can have a relationship with someone but have little or no sexual aspect to the relationship are basically fecked up - at best they have some mental health or personality issues to deal with. At worst they are some kind of control freak.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

You guys sound as messed as the birds you're chasing :)

How about you people start considering giving the other side what they want instead of forever trying to sabotage each other's fun?

It may just work... :)

Btw, be grateful the women are only interested in cheap stuff you're finding uninteresting Pray you don't find one that likes to drink your beer and eat your steak... ;-P

HOLA4424

...say no six+ times, if still interested they must see the deeper picture and worth pursuing .... nobody likes things that are handed on a plate. ;)

no no no no no no no.

how about it babe?

forget the plate, how about a sack?

HOLA4425

Archived