House Price Crash Forum

Walthamstow…..ghettooooo

cells

HOLA441
HOLA442

Shopping centre, 3-4 different fights, all separate groups, young and old, police all over the place, all within 30 minutes of each other

Apparently this is NORMAL there

The police have lost control of that ghetto

And a shit terrace will set you back >£250k!

Edited by cells

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Ah the Stow.

Spent lots of happy years there. bought my forst place in 1994 a decent terrace, for £53k, (on an NHS clerks wages). Sold my last place just after 9/11 A a two bed shit shovellers terrace in Luton road. Youd need to be some sort of "perfessional" to afford that now. And if you are that self same "perfessional" what in gods name would you be doing looking in E17? Oh i know, you cant afford anything else.

The Village area was quite good, the Rose and Crown on Hoe st was my local and i had a blast in there. . The market was good for bit of ageing veg and a cheap shirt.

The Standard too. Good spit and sawdust music venue.

We've all gone now, all my mates and me, to Sussex, Hants, Dorset, Herts, Kent etc. Back to where we came from for the most part.

I wouldnt under any circumstances buy anything there now, or anywhere in east London for that matter. Partly getting older and partly the maturing of all the underclass vermin progeny that infest the whole area. You could see trouble in these places coming a mile off. You could sniff it.

These suburbs used to be full of decent working class people, now they are satellite terraces amongst the scum.

Glad i had the chance to live there and get on the ladder on a modest wage all those years ago. The people whom those houses were built for.

I dont envy the choices of the average 27 year old herbert looking for a first place these days.

Grim choices all round im afraid.

Shame.

Having said all that, im off to Scottys tyres in Forest Road tomorrorw cos hes ******ing cheap and good. B)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I was born and raised in Walthamstow, only moved away a few years ago. Still go back every week to see my dad, and I must admit I lock my car doors when I hit Forest Road now!!

Me too... well nearby. The pub on the corner near the station I played a gig at, and it was torched a month later. My dad was kidnapped round the corner from Hoe Street (I kid you not). Lovely place.

HOLA4416

Ah the Stow.

Having said all that, im off to Scottys tyres in Forest Road tomorrorw cos hes ******ing cheap and good. B)

Which shin exposure gets you the bigga discount?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Used to live next to walthamstow central for a couple of years till 2 years ago and lived for 3 years in neighbouring leytonstone before that. Liked getting brunch on a Sunday in the village but can get grim. Sound place to travel from by tube but hated having to get a bus - every time I got assaulted it was waiting for a bus and not paying attention. The lack of anything green in walthamstow was depressing which given it's in "Waltham forest" seemed odd. Big surprise was how outrageously nice the council buildings are, they are like a presidential palace in some dodgy dictatorship.

I'd live in leytonstone again thats ok and has some space to cycle, play football etc. (bushwood) but walthamstow nah.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

This thread's completely random.

Walthamstow is a place in london postcode e17

Went to the shopping centre there and there were 3-4 fights in less than and hour. Some of the traders said it is very common happens practically every day.

It is a true ghetto now. You really have to see it to believe it

HOLA4423

Its not the nicest part of London, but I reckon its a whole lot better than numerous other parts. I lived there for a little while, and know people that still do, and never felt in danger particularly. To be fair I would not go into walthamstow central for a night out, but then I wouldn't go lots of places on a night out.

HOLA4424

Walthamstow is a place in london postcode e17

Went to the shopping centre there and there were 3-4 fights in less than and hour. Some of the traders said it is very common happens practically every day.

It is a true ghetto now. You really have to see it to believe it

Shame is all of NE London is falling apart. Tottenham, Wood Green, Edmonton etc . High unemployment, pubs closing, no banks or decent shops, high levels of violence.

The councils are clueless too. It looks like Spurs will leave Tottenham (for Stratford) but Haringay council have been nothing but a hindrance to the club for years. 2 years ago they introduced no match day car parking and the consequences are that people no longer spend any money in the area, as they walk half a mile to their car and go back to Essex/herts.

Spurs are N17s only commercial asset. Daft.

HOLA4425

Have lived there for years and years. Very rarely see any trouble and our street has a decent sense of community. Agree that the pubs aren't up to much (apart from a couple of good ones in the village), but feel that there is gap in the market there since there are alot of educated young professionals living in the area.