House Price Crash Forum

Bbc House Prices

HOLA441

In my area - North Somerset it is now saying 5.1% up YOY.

But showing -4.0% last quarter.

That would extrapolate to something around 15% a year falls if it continued, and did not accelerate (which IMHO it will).

Nice news for me, but it still seems to show gains for some areas/regions/counties, so maybe the South West is leading the falls.

HOLA442

Finally, the Monkey has come back to HPC.

The Great One's strudel is standing to attention, baby!

Change in the last quarter for a detached house in the City of Nottingham?

A fall of 14.8%

Annual change?

A fall of 12.1%

The Monkey is almost lost for words.

See here and look at the last row in the grey table.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/in_d...l/region6.stm?d

Crash, crash, crash baby!

HOLA443
In my area - North Somerset it is now saying 5.1% up YOY.

But showing -4.0% last quarter.

That would extrapolate to something around 15% a year falls if it continued, and did not accelerate (which IMHO it will).

Nice news for me, but it still seems to show gains for some areas/regions/counties, so maybe the South West is leading the falls.

I'm also in north Somerset NFT, I just dont believe the stats coming out from the VI, what I do know being very close to several EA's is that business is bad, very bad, people are still in denial however in general in this area.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

190K average price in Tewkesbury :lol: and a 137K for a flat, :lol: someone needs to put up a sign saying "Not London".

The managers, Promoted employees, professionals that i know earn less than me, and have commitments, i.e kids, credit cards. loans.

Yet i cannot afford to buy, so who is? :lol:

This is a place where the average factory job is 12K - 15K, and lets just say there are alot of average people in this area.

funny ol world

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Looking at prices in the South East (we live in Surrey), the figures confirm my feelings for the area. House prices initially stagnated for about six months and only recently (last 6 months) have we seen some minor drops in price 1-2%.

The areas that are traditionally a bit shitty have seen more serious drops in price. Slough being a good example. Seems to me that a lot of rough areas have got caught up in the boom and the houses are seriously over valued. Now poeple are realising that the areas are still rough so why should the houses cost so much.

Perhaps that would explain why nottingham has fallen so quickly?

HOLA4421
Guest wrongmove
Perhaps that would explain why nottingham has fallen so quickly?

You cheeky monkey ! :lol:

It is true that the "less savoury" areas of Nottingham look the most grossly over-priced. It is possible to buy in better areas for less now, if you look carefully. I pity anyone who has paid £130k for a Radford terrace recently, when a semi in say Chilwell can be had for less....

HOLA4422

Oooh, didn't realise you could actually get a breakdown by county. Looking at Surrey in depth shows a much more interesting set of figures.

We are planning to get married in 2007 and would love to buy a house to coincide with the marriage. Saving like crazy for a deposit I was beginning to think prices would take more than 2 years to drop to reasonable levels.

The breakdown of surrey figures show Guildford (an area we would consider buying) has dropped a whopping 12.3% in the last quarter -5.6 for the year. Now that coould see prices looking more sensible in our preferred timescale. Saying that though we are in no particular rush and would just rent a bigger place for a few years if we felt prices were still crashing.

Based on my previous comment that would make Guildford a shit hole and we want to live there - LOL!

HOLA4423

I am sure I am asking a stupid question, but how do the BBC work these figures out?

I Just assumed that the BBC just replicated what the LR report said whenever it comes out, but I guess this is not the case if the data is changing now.

It said from Jan-March. So is this houses that were sold in this period that are slowly being added due to delays in processing?

I am confused again. (It does not take much)

HOLA4424
The areas that are traditionally a bit shitty have seen more serious drops in price. Slough being a good example. Seems to me that a lot of rough areas have got caught up in the boom and the houses are seriously over valued. Now poeple are realising that the areas are still rough so why should the houses cost so much.

Interesting idea but how do you explain this one? Take a look at Bracknell Forest prices: Not a great area but it seems to be one of the few thats going up quite a bit! :huh:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/

HOLA4425