House Price Crash Forum

Nasty "boycott Britain" Campaign Kicks Of In The Usa

HOLA441

Actually boycotting Scotland will be ILLEGAL for residents of the "land of the free" unless it has been officially sanctioned, which i doubt.

So anyone from Broonland who cares can report any attempts to encourage an unsanctioned boycott to the Unenlightend States of America Anti-Boycott Compliance Bureau - http://www.bis.doc.gov/complianceandenforc...tcompliance.htm

They set this law up to prevent people from freely choosing to boycott Israel but i don't see why it shouldn't apply to another occupied nation :ph34r:

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Actually boycotting Scotland will be ILLEGAL for residents of the "land of the free" unless it has been officially sanctioned, which i doubt.

So anyone from Broonland who cares can report any attempts to encourage an unsanctioned boycott to the Unenlightend States of America Anti-Boycott Compliance Bureau - http://www.bis.doc.gov/complianceandenforc...tcompliance.htm

They set this law up to prevent people from freely choosing to boycott Israel but i don't see why it shouldn't apply to another occupied nation :ph34r:

Excellent find.

HOLA443
HOLA444
But the US has released terrorists too. One can't draw an exact parallel between the Al Megrahi case and Guantanamo Bay situations for several reasons. Megrahi was convicted in court whereas most of the Guantanamo cases are sort of POWs who have not been charged or tried. Also Libya's regime was left-wing extremist rather than radical islamist.

But some prisoners have been released from Guantanamo Bay who have subsequently returned to Al Qaeda and anti-western activities.

And it must be remembered that a lot of Americans supported IRA terrorism, as they had some sort of romantic notion about Irish roots, which turned out on further investigation to be protestant, or 'Scots-Irish' in many cases, including Bill Clinton, I believe!

Well spotted!

I too have read 'independent' page stuff about Libya and their authorities who actually jail (or throw out of the country) hard line extremist Muslim stirrers!

Amazing how we are 'manipulated' into thinking otherwise by twisted illuminati 'controlled' media!

Edited by erranta

HOLA445

Well done, athom.

HOLA446
HOLA447

so the UK throws a deal with Libya, releases a murderer.

Frankly, who gives a f u c k ?

Morality in politics has all but vanished hasn't it.The yanks had been bankrolling the IRA for decades, murdering innocent people, they finally agreed a deal in which convicted murderers were released on the grounds of reconciliation

And now it seems the Yanks want the British to conduct a forever changing American Foreign policy?

No more you see. Britain moves onwards, the days of empire have moved on and it's time the UK invested in it's own foreign policy.

Oh I like the Yanks. But f u c k to this daft duplicity.

HOLA448
http://www.boycottscotland.com/

I really don't like this. Initially thought it was being run by a bunch of right wing lunatics, but it appears to be more mainstream than that.

Just checked out a few news message boards in the US - very anti Scottish and British (we're cancelling our holidays / business, etc.). One poor confused chap had even decided to put off his plans to holiday in Ireland.

"Unless the Scottish government rescinds this decision to release al-Megrahi, and if the British Parliament continues to avoid intervening in the matter, we urge all Americans to protest this action by boycotting the United Kingdom and Scotland in full. Don't travel to Scotland or do business there (or in the United Kingdom in general) and don't buy any British or Scottish products."

can brown stop buying their dollars

this will help them have to live withing their means and stop relying on borrowed money :o

HOLA449
HOLA4410
It's all about access to Libya's oil and gas reserves

I suspect the CIA was heavily involved in the Lockerbie bombing

They wanted and excuse to bomb Gadhaffi and their usual modus operandi is to engineer terrorist events

What a bunch of lying hypocrites they all are.

Meanwhile, dumb bovine American's comfortably lap up all the antiBritish/Scottish sentiment

Sickening

I know someone who was sitting there when it came down. He says the "spooks" were all over the area within an hour, totally sealed. Local police let him smoke a joint as they interviewed him, they were only interested in a detailed account of what he`d seen, and if he had touched any wreckage which was lying all over the place.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
If the Doctor's who diagnosed him are the same ones as those who assess people on incapacity benefits for their fitness to work, then I think we can look forward to seeing McGrahey running the Tripoli marathon.

Or the psych who diagnosed Saunders of the Guiness scandal?

HOLA4414

The yanks have been screwing us for years. They have screwed us everyday since the war, to make sure that the empire was dead, that they would rule supreme and that we would fall in line. Anyone shocked at this treatment by our special friends, cousins and allies needs to do a little reading.

As for the bomber, I think he should have been left to die in prison then been burried face down in the prison compost heap but then I am not incharge and aren't securing oil for this doomed country. As for the sceptics, feck 'em.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I take the pragmatic view.

If he had been kept in prison until he had died, just how do you provide proper medical care with all that nursing a terminal patient requires? True, some types of terminal illness such as Myra Hindley's can be managed in prison, but others, needing perhaps radio active treatments, modified poisons etc. and resulting perhaps in extreme incontinence, fits, or needing resuccitation or other emergency procedures cannot be managed in a prison.

Those who feel that he should have been left to rot without compassion should consider the impact on the Islamic World, besides the inhumanity of such an action.

Failure to provide treatment would leave us open to the accusation that we left him to die, when he could have been saved with medical intervention. (c/f Bobby Sands etc.)

If we had built a private hospital in the prison to adequately care for him, you can just imagine the uproar from the tax payer.

The man is dying, the only real option would have been to remove him to an NHS Hospital and provide enormous security. His subsequent death would have fuelled the conspiracy theorists, particularly as there seems to be reason to believe him to have been innocent.

Better to send him home to die in the full glare of the press spotlight.

HOLA4424
I take the pragmatic view.

If he had been kept in prison until he had died, just how do you provide proper medical care with all that nursing a terminal patient requires? True, some types of terminal illness such as Myra Hindley's can be managed in prison, but others, needing perhaps radio active treatments, modified poisons etc. and resulting perhaps in extreme incontinence, fits, or needing resuccitation or other emergency procedures cannot be managed in a prison.

Those who feel that he should have been left to rot without compassion should consider the impact on the Islamic World, besides the inhumanity of such an action.

Failure to provide treatment would leave us open to the accusation that we left him to die, when he could have been saved with medical intervention. (c/f Bobby Sands etc.)

If we had built a private hospital in the prison to adequately care for him, you can just imagine the uproar from the tax payer.

The man is dying, the only real option would have been to remove him to an NHS Hospital and provide enormous security. His subsequent death would have fuelled the conspiracy theorists, particularly as there seems to be reason to believe him to have been innocent.

Better to send him home to die in the full glare of the press spotlight.

Good post.

HOLA4425
But the US has released terrorists too. One can't draw an exact parallel between the Al Megrahi case and Guantanamo Bay situations for several reasons. Megrahi was convicted in court whereas most of the Guantanamo cases are sort of POWs who have not been charged or tried. Also Libya's regime was left-wing extremist rather than radical islamist.

But some prisoners have been released from Guantanamo Bay who have subsequently returned to Al Qaeda and anti-western activities.

And it must be remembered that a lot of Americans supported IRA terrorism, as they had some sort of romantic notion about Irish roots, which turned out on further investigation to be protestant, or 'Scots-Irish' in many cases, including Bill Clinton, I believe!

I think Clinton once remarked that he had the demeanor of an Irishman :blink: - to be fair, most of the Irish who migrated to the US were catholic. in 1790 there were 400,000 Americans of Irish birth or ancestry out of a total white population of 3,100,000. Roughly a 50% catholic/protestant split. As many as 4.5 million Irish arrived in America between 1820 and 1930. Mainly catholic. Not that the catholic / protestant thing matters that much anyway when it comes to republican violence - Irish republicanism has strong protestant roots - Wolfe Tone, Napper Tandy, Robert Emmet, etc., and has always had protestant supporters. Read this - father a Paisleyite - son a member of INLA. Very depressing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Bunting

Edited by gruffydd