Property Bee Now Compatible With Firefox 5

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

for the really thick can you tell me where 'tools' is......and please don't hesitate to insult my intelligence.

I'm running Linux - at the very top of Firefox I have menu options File Edit View History Bookmarks Tools About. Windows may be different.

What?!

You mean Firefox 5 has a default setting whereby addons may not be compatible?

WHAT??!?!?

FF has always had a policy whereby adddons have to state a specific release no. up to which they are compatible. The developers of the addons now have to verify compatibility and submit an upgrade.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Search addons for "Nightly Tester" and add Nightly Tester Tools.

Then under menu options 'Tools' -> 'Nightly Tester Tools' select 'Force Adddon Compatibility'.

Brilliant. Thx YK

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

So to clarify.

First go to the Firefox tab on the very top of Firefox window and from the drop down menu select "Add ons" the search for "Nightly Tester", install it.

Secondly CLOSE firefox to allow it to update.

Thirdly when its reopened from the same tab at the very top of Firefox window you'll find a new item on the menu called "Nightly Tester Tools". When this new sub-menu is opened click on "Force Addon Compatibility" at the very bottom of the list to put a tick next to it.

Finally allow Firefox to restart which will now allow Propertybee to work again.

HOLA4415

Firefox 5 looks identical to Firefox 4 so far. Why is it a new major version?

The number 4 is considered unlucky number in China, Japan and Korea, so they decided to jump to version 5 because many users in Asia were switching to other browsers.

Also because so many people are talking about HTML 5 and how it would be the future of the Web, they wanted Firefox to have the number 5 somewhere in its name. It sounds cooler that way.

(Disclaimer: I just made that up.)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

So to clarify.

First go to the Firefox tab on the very top of Firefox window and from the drop down menu select "Add ons" the search for "Nightly Tester", install it.

Secondly CLOSE firefox to allow it to update.

Thirdly when its reopened from the same tab at the very top of Firefox window you'll find a new item on the menu called "Nightly Tester Tools". When this new sub-menu is opened click on "Force Addon Compatibility" at the very bottom of the list to put a tick next to it.

Finally allow Firefox to restart which will now allow Propertybee to work again.

Thanks for that. Your very clear explanation meant I got it right first time. Where would the rest of us be without you folk who really understabd this stuff?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Made a new version of Property Bee that works with Firefox 5 (and 6beta and 7alpha) without the need to install other extensions like the Nightly Tester or Add-On Compatibility checker (I like to keep my FF install as slimline as possible) B)

Property Bee 2.0.9.1 (unofficial)

Tested and working fine in FF5. Will remove link once Beerhunter get his official version out.

HOLA4422

Made a new version of Property Bee that works with Firefox 5 (and 6beta and 7alpha) without the need to install other extensions like the Nightly Tester or Add-On Compatibility checker (I like to keep my FF install as slimline as possible) B)

Property Bee 2.0.9.1 (unofficial)

Tested and working fine in FF5. Will remove link once Beerhunter get his official version out.

BUMP

Thanks.. Working great!

HOLA4423

FF has always had a policy whereby adddons have to state a specific release no. up to which they are compatible. The developers of the addons now have to verify compatibility and submit an upgrade.

Adobe Acrobat 10 Pro included a Firefox 'create PDF from webpage' (as in, the PDF actually looks similar to the webpage viewed in the browser) Firefox plugin for the first time, and it worked beautifully with Firefox 4. No more 10-page PDFs with only about 100 words of actual text and loads of formatting rubbish on each page, which was what you got if you used the PDF virtual printer with Acrobat 8. Needless to say, the plugin doesn't work with Firefox 5, which I've just found out the hard way after updating from 4. In the morning, when there's a little less whisky inside me, I'll try the nightly tester hack to see if that can get the plugin back. In the meantime, I am seriously unimpressed at Adobe not offering a patch pretty much immediately. When you pay £250 for a piece of software (and that's with an academic discount: if I didn't work in a university it would be around £400), you expect that money to buy you teams of programmers working to resolve any interaction issues it has with other software pretty much immediately.

Edited by The Ayatollah Buggeri

HOLA4424
HOLA4425