House Price Crash Forum

Foxtons Share Price And The Housing Market - Merged

HOLA441
14 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Countrywide took a hit on Monday after Credit Suisse downgraded the stock to 'underperform' from 'neutral' and slashed the price target to 111p from 288p as it took a look at UK estate agents.

https://www.digitallook.com/news/broker-recommendations/countrywide-slumps-on-credit-suisse-downgrade--2875842.html

And what do they attribute the previous 80% fall to ?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
On 10/10/2015 at 11:02 PM, TheCountOfNowhere said:

as a forward indicator this shares proved quite good.

prices drops a lot, have recovered slightly and are now poised...

a mate of mine in the city said to watch this one in the next month.

let's see what happens next, could be a real sign of impending doom when it plummets again, I mean if it plummets again.

this is not advice.

2 years ago....now everyone is talking about house prices falling....

HOLA449
On 02/11/2015 at 12:16 PM, TheCountOfNowhere said:

how is my mates prediction looking?

share price down to 198 today?

the idiots on mse were hailing this magical share price recovery as a sign we are wrong.

today, I'd say the cat had bounced and it was a sure sign the end is here for the London bubble

if the mse idiots want to hear my mates next prediction, well, here it is...

you are ########.

enjoy the collapse, I know I will.

bonnet de douche.

I wonder how my friends are these days.

HOLA4410
On 04/11/2015 at 9:33 AM, TheCountOfNowhere said:

you beat me to it.

my mate in the know reckons that's it. the bubble is collapsing. it's a matter of time till the msm start reporting it.

he thought year on year figures would have happened already but when London collapses it's going to take sentiment and a lot of investors with it.

he could be wrong of course but a month ago he told me this share could start to reflect reality within a month and hey ho, what do you know!!!

it's Brown pants time for the savvy London "investor".

You may have noticed that they started reporting it 6 months ago.

2018 is going to be very interesting funny.

HOLA4411

he likes of Foxton are fcked.

But at least they have some equity funding.

Now imagine you are in some Southern town, tweedy old EA office - SheetGobbler and Son.

Youve already laid off everyone but the semireired recptionist.

Youve not drawn a salary for months.

You pension is invested in a SIPP whose main asset is the work office building.

You bought 3 to 4 IO BTL. The last lot of EEers have handed i ntheir notice and 2 places are empty. Youve dropped the rent by 200/m but thats below the monthly mortgage cost.

HOLA4412
On 27/06/2016 at 11:29 AM, TheCountOfNowhere said:

A top bloke on this forum sent ,e a PM once to tell me that some ****wits on MSM were laughing because Foxtons share price was recovering and it wasnt a sign that the market would collapse....

My message to them, for they are surely reading, is...take a look in the mirror, this is what you'll see

bozo1-031212.jpg

I've re-read this whole thread, it's hilarious, well worth a read.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

HOLA4413

2 years+ this thread has been going, Foxtons is down 90%+ and still the bubble hasn't collapsed....thanks to Carney's Term funding scheme and his 0.25% IRs.

I wonder what'll happen when Term funding is pulled and interest rates DOUBLE to HALF A PERCENT.

It's a long game but really, why would anyone risk buying a house under present conditions.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
3 hours ago, spyguy said:

Now imagine you are in some Southern town, tweedy old EA office - SheetGobbler and Son.

You bought 3 to 4 IO BTL. The last lot of EEers have handed i ntheir notice and 2 places are empty. Youve dropped the rent by 200/m but thats below the monthly mortgage cost.

Where do i sign up?

HOLA4417
4 hours ago, spyguy said:

Yup. How about you're an ex-Foxtons dude, possibly with quite a few shares from your days there...

Then you set up BornYesterday Estate Agents in DFL-on-Wey, a famous sleepy Surrey town full of ex Barnes and Putney lawyers and other effluent.....

Followed by some good old hubristic extra local branches, swallowing up a couple of SheetGobbler and Sons operations along the way - whilst doing a couple of major (guess what?!) housing developments on the side.

Hey - what could possibly go wrong? Diversification? That's for sissies who dun got Business Degrees and sh!t man. We're the Hubris Boys, who make P118 look positively sensible.

I think I may also die from a popcorn overdose, before this is all over. But no doubt his every-smarmy Missus will keep looking down her nose at everyone around her until the very last. I wonder if The Herald will report the bankruptcy hearing?!

B

HOLA4418
6 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

iStock_000006912668XSmall.jpg

Between you and me, I dont think Foxton will die.

They might be a good buy at 50p.

Lets hope I'm wrong tho :lol: 

Depends how much debt they are carrying and how low transaction volumes go before the crash proper and volumes start to pick up again.   If they haven't gone private again, that would be the time to buy the shares.

Did you short them on their way down.

HOLA4419
7 hours ago, Buzzardo2 said:

Yup. How about you're an ex-Foxtons dude, possibly with quite a few shares from your days there...

Then you set up BornYesterday Estate Agents in DFL-on-Wey, a famous sleepy Surrey town full of ex Barnes and Putney lawyers and other effluent.....

Followed by some good old hubristic extra local branches, swallowing up a couple of SheetGobbler and Sons operations along the way - whilst doing a couple of major (guess what?!) housing developments on the side.

Hey - what could possibly go wrong? Diversification? That's for sissies who dun got Business Degrees and sh!t man. We're the Hubris Boys, who make P118 look positively sensible.

I think I may also die from a popcorn overdose, before this is all over. But no doubt his every-smarmy Missus will keep looking down her nose at everyone around her until the very last. I wonder if The Herald will report the bankruptcy hearing?!

B

I might have misled you ... on yu roosy the future is for bricks+mortar EAs.

.... 70% of your income comes from various letting fees/scams.... about to be outlawed by UKGOV.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425