House Price Crash Forum

Foxtons Share Price And The Housing Market - Merged

HOLA441

What's going on a Foxton

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/stocks/summary/company-summary/GB00BCKFY513GBGBXSSMM.html

"Currently, only order book trades are included in the summary statistics table, for technical reasons related to a third party data vendor. We are working with the vendor to address this as soon as possible."

???

Went onto my online share dealing account and could buy £1000 worth of these shares.

£5000 had to go a book order.

I think I'll pass

Dipped below the magicaly 90p support again.

89.25GBX2.45 (2.67%)

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

What's going on a Foxton

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/stocks/summary/company-summary/GB00BCKFY513GBGBXSSMM.html

"Currently, only order book trades are included in the summary statistics table, for technical reasons related to a third party data vendor. We are working with the vendor to address this as soon as possible."

???

Went onto my online share dealing account and could buy £1000 worth of these shares.

£5000 had to go a book order.

I think I'll pass

Dipped below the magicaly 90p support again.

89.25GBX2.45 (2.67%)

You may be satisfied with a dip below 90,I'm not.

Particularly unless it's matched by a Countrywide fall out.

HOLA443
26 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

You may be satisfied with a dip below 90,I'm not.

Particularly unless it's matched by a Countrywide fall out.

It's floated around 90-100 for a long time, the significant point I was making is that I am being restricted on buying a large lumps sum of shares to make a quick few hundred quid.

Why ?

HOLA444
15 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

It's floated around 90-100 for a long time, the significant point I was making is that I am being restricted on buying a large lumps sum of shares to make a quick few hundred quid.

Why ?

It may due to a lack of liquidity.

https://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=foxtons&ei=eg-cWZnpBN6CswGttqrQBQ

Sometimes daily vol is below 100,000.So 5k is a chunk of vol.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Both Foxton  and Countrywide struggling today

Countrywide

138.25GBX0.78 (0.56%)

Foxton

87.50GBX0.50 (0.57%)

Fox have gone from hover above 100, to hovering below 100 to hovering above 90 now hovering below.

It wont take much for it to shoot up the dam to bust.

Perhaps this is a s sign that the housing market is booming ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Over £45 million has gone into 'PropTech' in the last week alone as Habito and Yopa raise cash

LONDON — Two of the UK's leading "PropTech" — property technology — companies have announced fundraisings of over £45 million between them over the last few days.

Yopa, an online estate agent that offers a fixed transaction fee rather than taking a percentage of the sale, announced late on Friday that it had raised £27.6 million from estate agent group LSL and Daily Mail-owner DMGT.

Digital mortgage broker Habito has also raised £18.5 million in a fundraising led by European venture capital fund Atomico. The news was first reported by the Telegraph on Saturday but confirmed to Business Insider over email.

Both companies are part of the UK's flourishing "PropTech" scene, with a slew of new businesses self-identifying as "PropTech" in the wake of the success of the broader fintech sector over the last few years.

Other notable recent deals this year include a £9 million investment for online estate agent eMoov last month, £8 million in March for Nested, a startup that guarantees to sell you home in 90 days, and a £4.5 million investment in online mortgage broker Trussle in February.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/proptech-fundraise-habito-yopa-atomico-lsl-dmgt-2017-9?r=US&IR=T

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
On 04/09/2017 at 10:28 AM, stuckmojo said:

Not where I'd put my money, but good to see that technology is moving into EAs territory. 

90% of them are not needed. 

Yeah, no doubt most of these property tech firms will fail, but one of them hit the right formula, then the industry will be transformed (to a much lower cost model) forever.

HOLA4418
10 hours ago, reddog said:

Yeah, no doubt most of these property tech firms will fail, but one of them hit the right formula, then the industry will be transformed (to a much lower cost model) forever.

I completely agree.  

Disintermediation is the key in a lot of the service industry

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
19 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I wonder if foxton when bust what sort of effect it would have on london house price sentiment

Low

I think the share price closed lower yesterday to new 1yr lows and that was with the Halifax hpi numbers released. If EA's believe their own words then surely employees will be working behind the scenes to do a management buyout and take it private? Maybe some have tried but couldn't get the financing? 

From memory the net assets were goodwill and I expect the brand value and whatever bespoke systems they have built.