House Price Crash Forum

Foxtons Share Price And The Housing Market - Merged

14 minutes ago, Patient London FTB said:

How is a company with no debt, pre-tax profits of £3.8m and net free cash flow of £2.1m not a viable business? 

It depends.

On that basis, its has value.

However - and I dont know - it might have signed some stupid leases tht will rise at RPI +3%, eating up all the cash.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

Well according to my analysis, this is going lower. A lot lower, like 9p. 

This is what happens when the business is no longer a viable business.

FOXT.png

I'm beginning to regret spending my entire house deposit on Foxtons shares last year.

2 minutes ago, Option5 said:

And I bet the Minis are leased :ph34r:

Christ.

The days of asset stripping are long over.

I used to live next door to an IVA bloke. He used to describe his job as useful - recovering asses for creditors.

I disagreed. These days IVAs are nothing more than a thick layer of sh1t icing on a big cake of defaulted debt..

90% of UK companies have nothing - stock is on suppliers terms, building are leased, cars are leased. There's nothing but a thin layer of working cash.

5 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Christ.

The days of asset stripping are long over.

I used to live next door to an IVA bloke. He used to describe his job as useful - recovering asses for creditors.

I disagreed. These days IVAs are nothing more than a thick layer of sh1t icing on a big cake of defaulted debt..

90% of UK companies have nothing - stock is on suppliers terms, building are leased, cars are leased. There's nothing but a thin layer of working cash.

I tried looking up figures for IVAs but can't seem to find anything, just lots of sites providing "help" in going down that route. I would imagine the figures would be frightening, outwardly people keep their stuff so nobody notices, they just stop buying more stuff and going on holidays etc.

19 minutes ago, Option5 said:

I tried looking up figures for IVAs but can't seem to find anything, just lots of sites providing "help" in going down that route. I would imagine the figures would be frightening, outwardly people keep their stuff so nobody notices, they just stop buying more stuff and going on holidays etc.

Sorry. wrong initials - Insolvency practioner - so mone who strips out default orgs.

IVAs are stupid. Mst IVAs result in people going bust later, after paying a lot more interest on their debt.

20 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Sell of what parts? To whom?

The artcle assumes theres some value there. Its just a colleciton of offices. Plently of empty commercial real estate out there.

:mellow: The rational for the buying spree that created Countrywide was its value was more than the sum of its parts (Brand value plus shared Management, IT, Admin and advertising costs). 

1 hour ago, Option5 said:

When the profits dry up and the cash runs out

There's a parallel to Foxtons and estate agency in Trinity Mirror and news publishing. Both are industries where comfortable incumbents have been absolutely hammered by technological change, increased competition and economic factors. 

I don't believe Foxtons is on a straight line to destruction (although it would be heart-warming to see). 

People thought Trinity Mirror was near death in 2009 and 2011, but it has survived: 

59ccd1bc1204f_ScreenShot2017-09-28at11_35_25.png.1fc056affc975611850728f913649251.png

On 26/09/2017 at 10:32 PM, hotblack42 said:

Except that they won't, at least initially.  The market will seize up as we progress through anger, denial and bargaining.  There will be political panic, and shock waves in finance.  After maybe 12-18 months the flapping, weeping and a wailing will subside as we reach capitulation.  Then, if Foxtons still exist, and it pains me to say this, they will probably be a good buy.  But you'd better get your timing right - when the pros know something is a buy they move effing fast and so does the price.

Yes, that's why it's probably that bit too early to be buying now. 

The time to buy will be when there's blood on the streets. Ideally they will have posted losses, maybe even have been forced into raising capital. At that point everyone will be throwing their guts up and no one will want to own the shares (except me :))

35 minutes ago, NuBrit said:

Yes, that's why it's probably that bit too early to be buying now. 

The time to buy will be when there's blood on the streets. Ideally they will have posted losses, maybe even have been forced into raising capital. At that point everyone will be throwing their guts up and no one will want to own the shares (except me :))

Naive.

Ignores the fact that companies die even if the stock index carries on.

Just because a share price has fallen 90% does not make it cheap. These days its more likely to be bust.

On 9/29/2017 at 3:29 PM, Doctor SickoPants said:

12 month high volume here today and at CWD. Four seperate 1m trades and a 1.5m.  Be interesting to see next week how the short positions have changed.

1 minute ago, Tempus said:

I wonder how the markets will respond tomorrow to the latest vomiting up of Help to Buy cash?

If Foxtons goes up...

CYwLVNkH1SPKwv-6glY9gDyAycug_YHkbXXClPnd

Someone with a bit of inside information?

The market has so far priced foxtons according to the state of the London housing market. The fact the new HTB announcement has been ignored in the share price hopefully means HTB will have little effect.

28 minutes ago, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

I wonder if they're expecting a takeover of a large EA business? (The customer & staff, maybe a few physical assets)?

That would causse PB share price to fall.

Bricks+ mortar EAs are dead.

What will happen is the surviving full service EAs will move away from the high street into a small serviced office - lower rent, lower rates.

Any EAs who's invested his pension into the premises is doubly fcked.