Shadow Minister Arrested

cht

HOLA441
  • Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Look, the guy broke the law. As an MP he has a duty to uphold it. He has broken the Official Secrets Act and is a risk to the country. It is no surprise that he has been arrested and his property searched. He should resign as an MP immediately and charges should follow.

I'd hardly call it breaking the law. I want to know how Labour are covering up their own C ock ups.

I'm a Tory Cheerleader, whoo hoo!!

HOLA443
This is a political arrest that will not lead to any prosecution of Green.

So the Metropolitan Police, led by Buffoon Boris, is already acting politically. Do you blame Boris? If not, who at the Met do you hold responsible? (There isn't, as you know, any management line between government and the Metropolitan Police.)

p

HOLA444
Here's a real wake-up call for the Tories who didn't support David Davis on Civil Liberties.

But maybe the brain dead can't receive wake-up calls.

It could be. But on the other hand Michael Gove and George Osborne and other Tory supporters of police powers may be thinking "If New Labour can do this to us, what can we do when it's our turn".

The brain dead may be New Labour who are looking more and more like an opposition in waiting. After all if they can't realise the value of civil liberties in 18 months time, they deserve it. The country doesn't though.

HOLA445
So the Metropolitan Police, led by Buffoon Boris, is already acting politically. Do you blame Boris? If not, who at the Met do you hold responsible? (There isn't, as you know, any management line between government and the Metropolitan Police.)

p

...Boris would not have been involved in this decision....love him ot loathe him...he is bright..... <_<

HOLA446

p

Sorry that's nonsense. The Home Secretary appoints the Metropolitan Commissioner, the incompetent Ian Blair (one of his last acts).

The London Authority has responsibility but little power.

HOLA447
Everything's up, and I'll tell you the biggest shock I've had - Smart Price peanuts at Asda - nowhere to be seen. Gone are the days of a bag o'peanuts for 40p or whatever, now £1 plus and they call them Snackers or something like that.

As for their Bramley Apple Crumble, if you can find a pack then you must've slept with the CEO, because you just can't get 'em - very tasty product and cheap.

A bit off topic tLB, I noticed that in Tesco, their cheap value salted peanuts used to be 21p, now 37p!!! I didn't bother with that little treat. :angry:

HOLA448
Sorry that's nonsense. The Home Secretary appoints the Metropolitan Commissioner, the incompetent Ian Blair (one of his last acts).

The London Authority has responsibility but little power.

So, are you saying that 'the government' ordered/encouraged Sir Ian Blair to carry out this political arrest?

p

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Giving the every day police a taszer should sort this lot out!

It is not in the public interest to know what is really going on, it could create panic.

To bloody right a shadow cabinet MP be arrested for disturbing the public peace, he's clearly a communist, he should be grateful for only 9 hours of questioning!

In Eastern Germany he'd be slumped, dead up some alley way after curb crawling hookers. and taking a overdose of pills.

If this was sanctioned by an MP, then the public should know their name! So we know who to linch in the fight for freedom.

If it wasn't sanctioned by an MP, then even more serious questions need to be asked!

HOLA4412
Labour getting hammered on BBC R4 Any Questions over this. Vince on particularly good form.

...heard a bit ...Vince was going on about the Banks like RBS whom we all now own releasing funding to businesses...it took the Tory whoever he was to say yes...but....the Government must back it with guarantees... agreed ..these would work similar to ECGD guarantees of not so long ago...the system is there ...so use it....there are no excuses to delay.... <_<

HOLA4413

Today I am ashamed.

Ashamed that this has happened in our country.

Ashamed of what the Labour party in particular, and politics in general has turned into.

Ashamed that we as a population have turned into a bunch of spineless cowards who sit back and allow this and other attacks on our liberty to happen and, instead of rioting in the streets, we simply watch more "celebrity" jungle sh!te.

And ashamed at myself, for not having done anything except upload a post to a houseprice website.

Evil is most certainly prospering out there in our country today, and, unlike our beloved house prices, that particular commodity shows no sign of crashing.

This season, I'll mostly be wearing... Tinfoil !!!

X

Y

Y

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Today I am ashamed.

Ashamed that this has happened in our country.

Ashamed of what the Labour party in particular, and politics in general has turned into.

Ashamed that we as a population have turned into a bunch of spineless cowards who sit back and allow this and other attacks on our liberty to happen and, instead of rioting in the streets, we simply watch more "celebrity" jungle sh!te.

And ashamed at myself, for not having done anything except upload a post to a houseprice website.

Evil is most certainly prospering out there in our country today, and, unlike our beloved house prices, that particular commodity shows no sign of crashing.

This season, I'll mostly be wearing... Tinfoil !!!

Take action XYY (are you named after my old number plate?). Rather than just posting your irritation on a website, start a No. 10 online petition and let the PM know your dissatisfaction directly.

HOLA4416

Geoff Hoon had clearly rehearsed his lines and was just grimly coming out with them whatever the audience reaction. However, I thought that Dimbleby failed to put the obvious point to him. Hoon's defence was that the principle of civil service confidentiality should be defended and enforced. Dimbleby failed to ask him why, in that case, they arrested the MP who received the leaked information rather than the civil servant who leaked it in the first place.

I'm almost inclined to believe that this was more of a ****-up than a conspiracy. This arrest was crudely timed for Sir Ian Blair's last day in office, and while Parliament wasn't sitting. There may also have been an element of burying bad news viz Mumbai, though it has to be either the former or the latter (i.e. if it had been planned for Blair's last day, they couldn't have known that the Mumbai business would be kicking off simultaneously - or at least, I hope they couldn't have!). In any case, any half competent spin doctor would surely have known that arresting an MP at all, let alone a shadow minister, on such a blatantly political matter would backfire in the media, as indeed it has done. This has probably handed the Tories five points of poll lead on a plate, plus a weapon they can repeatedly use against Labour between now and the election.

If this was carefully planned, then the government is even less competent than I thought it was.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
We had been under mortar and small arms fire for 36 hours straight. Colleagues were injured. Our attackers wore identical clothing to general pop. When one chap approached, we could have done a Met. We didn't. Said chap told us where the militants HQ was.

Killing of de Menezes was a disgrace. full stop.

:lol:

When the director aid 'cut', did you realise it was only pretending?

Go drink your milk, that's a good little boy.

HOLA4420
If this was carefully planned, then the government is even less competent than I thought it was.

...“The best laid schemes o’ mice an’ men / Gang aft a-gley.”..Robert Burns....he knew with Nulabour it happens every time.... <_< .....here's to you Rabbie....'slange var'.....down in one..!.... <_<

HOLA4421
Are you for fooking real?

I cannot believe what you have posted. The guy was shot repeatedly in the head, at close range. Would love it if you happened to have someone with dark skin and hair in your family who was ‘mistaken’ for a terrorist.

‘Police edgy’, do you know how ballsed up this operation was??????? Did you hear the witnesses statements showing the Police to not only be out of control but also complete and utter liars.

If not I suggest you do not make such cretinous remarks.

You sir are an idiot.

Listen up, numbnuts.

Firstly, if you think it's easy chasing abunch of fookin lunatics, you're joking.

Who the fk do you think chases loonies?

Other fkin loonies.

These are not your next door neighbour giving you a free cup of fookin' sugar.

They were not the police, they were secret service.

They fkin kill.

Now the other crazy loons know.

Why the Glasgow pussies weren't also killed, is quite shocking.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Seems to have gone quiet after that.

:huh:

If that daft Gimp claiming he allows men to approach, dressed similarly to his attackers, he's an azzwipe, undeserving of military service.

Lately, the M Eng. have alot of sappers who can't jump start a fkin motor.

And these guys protect us!

Gimme a Gurker anytime.

There hasn't been a British force since WWII, and even then, we were sh1t!

HOLA4424
Listen up, numbnuts.

Firstly, if you think it's easy chasing abunch of fookin lunatics, you're joking.

Who the fk do you think chases loonies?

Other fkin loonies.

These are not your next door neighbour giving you a free cup of fookin' sugar.

They were not the police, they were secret service.

They fkin kill.

Now the other crazy loons know.

Why the Glasgow pussies weren't also killed, is quite shocking.

...in between the 'Gordon Ramsays' I think you are trying to say this was the Secret Seven....bring back Enid.... <_<

HOLA4425