House Price Crash Forum

Shadow Minister Arrested

Today I am ashamed.

Ashamed that this has happened in our country.

Ashamed of what the Labour party in particular, and politics in general has turned into.

/snip/

X

Y

Y

+1

It is a worry and I do wonder what has happened to us. It's as if a coup has taken place and there are gangsters in charge who smile at you as they fill you full of lead. People have undergone electric shop therapy and have had the stuffing knocked out of them, the world is blissful images on a TV screen and muzak.

A little less than 4 in 5 voted this government in (22% of the electorate), you would think they would have a bit more humility and respect and a little less arrogance and hubris. But no, nanny knows best and we take it.

Without the internet, can you imagine the despair of the 'enlightened'?

Edit: ganster description beefed up.

Edited by tinker
  • Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have undergone electric shop therapy and have had the stuffing knocked out of them, the world is blissful images on a TV screen and muzak.

It's like Fahrenheit 451. We even have the wall-sized TV screens showing 24-hour pap.

It's like Fahrenheit 451. We even have the wall-sized TV screens showing 24-hour pap.
QUOTE (tinker @ Nov 28 2008, 09:58 PM)

People have undergone electric shop therapy and have had the stuffing knocked out of them, the world is blissful images on a TV screen and muzak.

Did I write electric shop therapy? A mistake that actually sounds rather good. <_<

Edited by tinker
A bit off topic tLB, I noticed that in Tesco, their cheap value salted peanuts used to be 21p, now 37p!!! I didn't bother with that little treat. :angry:

Tinker only - all else can skip this as it's off topic

Off topic but useful to moi, thanks, cause 37p for salted peanuts is better than £1 - I shall be there pronto tomorrow, huge peanut holdall at the ready.

Tinker only - all else can skip this as it's off topic

Off topic but useful to moi, thanks, cause 37p for salted peanuts is better than £1 - I shall be there pronto tomorrow, huge peanut holdall at the ready.

A bit of a nut freak?

It's only a little bag 100g maybe 200g... the point was they were dirt cheap not so long ago. Not the nicest, but OK. Lidl are OK for nuts, they have big bags of Big D (?) ~ £1 and own label M&Ms 89p.

A lot of 'value' lines have crept up in price (profit motive as consumers switch form the higher priced branded products).

Listen up, numbnuts.

Firstly, if you think it's easy chasing abunch of fookin lunatics, you're joking.

It is. It's the sane you have to worry about

Who the fk do you think chases loonies?

Other fkin loonies.

Trained staff. loonies don't make it (except maybe in the micky mouse met)

These are not your next door neighbour giving you a free cup of fookin' sugar.

How do you know?

They were not the police, they were secret service.

There were trained military and civilian surveillance officers involved in the wider operation. Those who shot, without warning or thinking, were coppers.

They fkin kill.

that's what worries me

Now the other crazy loons know.

Doesn't seem to worry them. They're loons after all.

Why the Glasgow pussies weren't also killed, is quite shocking.

Why?

You're an idiot and have no idea what you're talking about.

You lot still not got this?

Green had knowledge about the IDs of the Brits involved in the Bombay malarky. Knowing he was going to leak, SO15 popped round to explain he'd be compromising an operation. Paps on his step eyeballed the CTC who took him in for form's sake.

End of.

I'd hardly call it breaking the law. I want to know how Labour are covering up their own C ock ups.

I'm a Tory Cheerleader, whoo hoo!!

I am sorry. The point I was trying to make was that what in normal times seems like cheerleading actually seems quite reasoned in the extraordinary times that we live in. I think you are absolutely right about this. The whole thing is so totally New Labour. Oppositions don't win. Governments lose.

....this is the style of apathy which encourages the 'I will tell you what to think' Labour party ....I heard a lady on 'Five Live' the other day saying she could never vote Tory because it would go against the teaching of her Church....!.....is her Church the Labour party ..?.... <_<

I keep seeing apathy referred to in posts as a critique of those who don't see it your way.

What have you done about this then? Bugger all, except post half baked nonsense on this site, I'll wager. <_<

I keep seeing apathy referred to in posts as a critique of those who don't see it your way.

What have you done about this then? Bugger all, except post half baked nonsense on this site, I'll wager. <_<

......too right ...it brings the lice out of the wood work....'half baked' if you are from the deluded lefties ....that is loose comment which isn't even an opinion ....the swearing adds to your low demeanor.... <_<

The unelected Gordon McGabe is a lying sh*t and needs to be deposed

Brown's denied knowing that the arrest had happened. He has not denied knowing in advance that it was going to happen. With Brown, the fine detail is all.

That's Mandelson effect in action... the expert wordsmith... more slippery than a rotten eel

:angry: :angry:

For me this is simply pre-emptive "unofficial leak" removal... lots of bad news on the way you see...

Very worrying times

....don't show your ignorance...apathy is for people who give in to a Government who display a bunker mentality and try to destroy democracy ....but...it will not happen....your are either apathetic or a Labour supporter....one and the same really... <_<

Give it a rest with the ...........'s. There is no form of writing that replaces proper sentences, punctuation and capital letters with loads of dots.

Apathy and Conservatism go hand in hand. The Tories are all about preserving a mythical bygone golden age. It never existed and even if it did we could not go back to it. When did you last hear any mention of Tory 'activists'. You don't because that type of right winger thinks that those who actually do get up and do something are all oiks of some sort.

That's why we have the BNP and UKIP. For right wingers who want to do a bit more than write a letter to the Times or Telegraph.

You lot still not got this?

Green had knowledge about the IDs of the Brits involved in the Bombay malarky. Knowing he was going to leak, SO15 popped round to explain he'd be compromising an operation. Paps on his step eyeballed the CTC who took him in for form's sake.

End of.

Stepping around the left-wing/right-wing thingy that's going on here, that is a very interesting angle and had not occured to me. If you were writing this as a novel it would be a very good idea indeed.

But Timm, have you heard this information from any source, reliable or otherwise, or is it your opinion/deduction?

Nothing to stop Green saying now, of course, and the story of the latest lot of Tipton Taliban (or northern equivalent) looks to be coming out anyway. And if Green was compromising an operation, wouldn't that imply the government knew what was about to happen in Mumbai yet did nothing to avert it - which would open an entirely new can of whoopass?

Nice to see that the left-wing/right-wing fallacy is alive and well on this thread.

I have posted before that I think we are now like the States, with two parties so close to a very blurred centre line.

It is either something that Thatcher spotted first or something that she caused. Take your pick.

The vilification of the more extreme elements of the Labour party nearly killed the party and left it neutered.

The problem for the Tories was that Joe Public liked the castrated 'New' version.

Now the Cameron Tories look no different. Name one radical proposed change in direction to come from their camp recently.