House Price Crash Forum

Shadow Minister Arrested

Guest Mr Parry
You've all missed the obvious, haven't you?

"The Met said some counter-terrorism officers were involved in the arrest because they were the most "appropriate" to carry out such an operation. "

Now, what d'you think that means? It couldn't be made much clearer for you, could it:

"... counter-terrorism officers ... were the most "appropriate" to carry out such an operation."

p

Hmmm . . . not sure what to make of all this.

I'm going to wait for what will doubtless be a serious inquiry into what's gone on.

I do note Green was not charged with anything.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Met said some counter-terrorism officers were involved in the arrest because they were the most "appropriate" to carry out such an operation. "

Now, what d'you think that means? It couldn't be made much clearer for you, could it:

"... counter-terrorism officers ... were the most "appropriate" to carry out such an operation."

p

you are implying a civil servant and an MP were involved in a terror plot.

p

Your posts are full of inuendo to try and distract debate from the real issue of civil liberty.

No doubt you're probably employed by the Labour Party to debase and stop debate that doesn't tow the 'proper' line

God help us!

Edited by AnotherSTR

p

It's obvious: the anti-terrorism laws brought in under the current (filthy, whoreson, Stalinist) regime are the vaguest and most easily twisted, yet at the same time the some of the most powerful, pieces of legislation available for use against annoyances such as opposition politicians.

Guest Mr Parry
It's obvious: the anti-terrorism laws brought in under the current (filthy, whoreson, Stalinist) regime are the vaguest and most easily twisted, yet at the same time the some of the most powerful, pieces of legislation available for use against annoyances such as opposition politicians.

I think the outcome of this case may confirm your worst fears there, old boy.

I think the outcome of this case may confirm your worst fears there, old boy.

I hope not; my worst fears are terrible, indeed.

If they are confirmed, we're in the kind of trouble most of us thought could never happen again. Not here.

Edited by Privateer
I hope not; my worst fears are terrible, indeed.

If they are confirmed, we're in the kind of trouble most of us thought could never happen again. Not here.

The only affirmative action I can do, other than write letters, is to join Liberty.

It costs as little as £2.50/month so that's what I've just done.

Maybe, but with a higher IQ than you.

It's ok for you to claim that you went to 'one of the best schools in the country' but not for me to claim a high IQ.

You should have joined your school's debating society. It might have taught you how to make a valid (or invalid) point without resorting to insults <_< .

JimmyMac seems to have an inability to form a reasoned argument. Here are a few sample phrases from his recent posts, a testament to our now great educashun system:

Now f*** off you [email protected]

You are complete scum.

Get it? Now go away.

I have no interest in engaging scum like you in debate other than to tell you to f*** off. Right?

d!ckhead

you can f*** off too

are you completely naive and dim?

you really are very stupid aren't you?

idiot.

I absolutely detest these New Keynesian idiots.

You are a fool. I am done with you.

What is wrong with a civil servant making information public if they believe it is justifiable and providing it is not a true national security issue. This is exactly how Gordon Brown obtained his leaks early in his career. There was footage of him shown yesterday from back in the early nineties justifying how a civil servant 'concerned for the country' had provided him with a leak.

The police are now hounding a 26 year old civil servant for leaking information that anyone with two brain cells could have deduced for themselves.

Why is the government so silent on speaking up for civil liberties on this issue.

It is inconceivable that Jackie Smith did not know beforehand of Damian Green's arrest, given that Boris Johnson and David Cameron did.

Damian Green was held for nine hours and his home and two offices searched!

Why have the media virtually gone silent on this?

These are the issues that we should focus on.

Guest Mr Parry
What is wrong with a civil servant making information public if they believe it is justifiable and providing it is not a true national security issue. This is exactly how Gordon Brown obtained his leaks early in his career. There was footage of him shown yesterday from back in the early nineties justifying how a civil servant 'concerned for the country' had provided him with a leak.

The police are now hounding a 26 year old civil servant for leaking information that anyone with two brain cells could have deduced for themselves.

Why is the government so silent on speaking up for civil liberties on this issue.

It is inconceivable that Jackie Smith did not know beforehand of Damian Green's arrest, given that Boris Johnson and David Cameron did.

These are the issues that we should focus on.

Commit the above to memory and let's see what it's all about.

I have a hunch this could finally be the end of Labour.

Once you understand that very carefully constructed sentence, everything else falls into place. It's all very sad.

p

Guest Mr Parry

Once you understand that very carefully constructed sentence, everything else falls into place. It's all very sad.

p

Good observation. Let's wait and see. But the TRUTH must come out.

p

I thought so. Once the debate focuses on the key issues Patprimer (Derek Draper rapid rebuttal unit) comes along to sabotage it.

I repeat:

Guest Mr Parry
I thought so. Once the debate focuses on the key issues Patprimer (Derek Draper rapid rebuttal unit) comes along to sabotage it.

I repeat:

Saw Draper on telly the other day. 'Dragged through hedge backwards' came to mind. Slagging Cameron off for his chat with the CBI. I thought he was bang on with what he [Cameron] said.

p

It is very sad indeed that a government equates 'acting in the best interests of the nation, rather than the governing party' with 'terrorism'.

This government are scum of the worst kind.

Guest Mr Parry
It is very sad indeed that a government equates 'acting in the best interests of the nation, rather than the governing party' with 'terrorism'.

This government are scum of the worst kind.

Save it for when the details come out.

Pat,

Will you still so vehemently support this government if it does turn out this was politically motivated by Labour?

I repeat:

excellent piece from Mathew Paris in the times.

I cannot avoid the suspicion that decisions were taken in Whitehall against the background of an enraged Prime Minister storming around and demanding the heads of leakers on plates. Commentators seeking method in this madness suggest that there was a stratagem: to put the frighteners on other moles, especially the sources of deeply sensitive Treasury leaks. Again, if so, the strategy has backfired. Any deterrent effect on Whitehall moles has been vastly outweighed by the political cost.

p

Spot on - it is very sad that the police are misusing counter-terrorism resources for policitcal ends.

It is not the first time - anti-terror legislation was used to freeze assets of the Icelandic banks.

I think I will write to my MP on this issue. I have never done so before, but we are very close to crossing a line on civil liberties in this country (all right, we're over it) and I find this all so disturbing, that I need to so something.

Any ideas for wording?

Edited by Ah-so
Guest Mr Parry
Spot on - it is very sad that the police are misusing counter-terrorism resources for policitcal ends.

It is not the first time - anti-terror legislation was used to freeze assets of the Icelandic banks.

Not to mention the questionable deployment of children to a primary school outside the parents catchment area.

These risks to National Security should not be belittled by scum like HPC'ers who are themselves economic terrorists.

Edited by Mr Parry