House Price Crash Forum

This Goverment Has Lost The Plot...

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
just out of interst could some one tell me what the hell the goverment is up too....

They are trying to look good enough to get re-elected. That's it. That's all this is. If ever there was a perfect advert for a benign dictatorship instead of democracy, these bastards are it.

HOLA444
They are trying to look good enough to get re-elected. That's it. That's all this is. If ever there was a perfect advert for a benign dictatorship instead of democracy, these bastards are it.

Yes, but I also think Gordon wants the return of securitisation, but with some sort of quality control.

It could, if properly managed, deliver his dream of permenantly (quite) high prices.

I don't for one moment think it would be properly managed.

HOLA445

They are out of their depth and they have been from the begining , but the economy boom hid all their failings.

Its like them mongs on Sarah Beeny who hadnt got a fukkin clue how to do a house up, but, got away with it because they spent so long fukin about, HPI managed to bail them out.

Actually I am right for once!

Beenies people ARE our government. Financialy incompetant fukin morons who listen to no one but themselves and are now right in the shight!

Edited by Nelly

HOLA446
HOLA447

Ain't that the truth....weird when you think about it.

HOLA448
HOLA449

I actually think this indicates they don't believe they will be re-elected.

This is their version of scuttling the boat before they jump overboard.

HOLA4410
just out of interst could some one tell me what the hell the goverment is up too....liar loans were sold too property buyers,so are we as a country now taking liar loans..how long before we need a bail out for PLC .uk..?

The state is going to fail, the government are filling their boots with as much as they can before it does.

HOLA4411
just out of interst could some one tell me what the hell the goverment is up too....liar loans were sold too property buyers,so are we as a country now taking liar loans..how long before we need a bail out for PLC .uk..?

Do you remember when the Sterling left the ERM? It was an impossible gamble to keep it in - IR at 15% etc.

At the time, the political masters knew it couldn't succeed but they kidded themelves anyway.

What we are seeing now is not a solution, but delaying tactics. In fact its worse than that. Its the whole world this time and its likely to make things a whole lot worse.

Its the equivalent of the Titanic captain telling the band to play on instead of organising the lifeboats.

How this will end? Probably some form of human catastrophe. Its usually war, but I fear that this time, it could be the release of some sort of global disease (bird flu?).

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
This Government Has Lost The Plot....anybody out there make any sense of what they're up to?

No idea what they are really up to - for sure it won't be anything you read or see prominently in the media - that is just diversionary tactics.

Probably planning for how they will manage the coming civil unrest.

HOLA4418

Anything you see / read / hear in the mainstream media is pure propaganda. Even the western regional news "pointless west" were spouting the "must have huge public spending spree to boost the local economy" mantra. It's all nonsense. This will end in a catastrophic breakdown and it won't be pretty.

HOLA4419
Anything you see / read / hear in the mainstream media is pure propaganda. Even the western regional news "pointless west" were spouting the "must have huge public spending spree to boost the local economy" mantra. It's all nonsense. This will end in a catastrophic breakdown and it won't be pretty.

This is a very good series of points that deserves far more debate IMHO. The insidious propaganda campaign we've been subjected to over recent months in order to camaflogue the real issue; the fact that *the complete system* very nearly died, has been true kafka. Banks cannot fail, if they did the way of life our political Lords and Masters have organised for us for the past 100+ years would die with it. This was never about saving banks per se, it was actually bigger than that.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows.

The oxygen is debt. I think the government is well aware the country is going to hit the deck, they just don't want to much screaming on the way down.

HOLA4422
The state is going to fail, the government are filling their boots with as much as they can before it does.

WTF: By giving it away? Or by staying in power for a year or so longer? Or by filling their boots with debt?

Or by something else that only you can see Injin?

HOLA4423

They have been feeding us with bull$hit for so long and so often that now they believe it is the whole truth. A bit like telling the kids about Santa, then after a half a dozen Newcastle Browns dad seems to think he really is.

HOLA4424
They are out of their depth and they have been from the begining , but the economy boom hid all their failings.

Its like them mongs on Sarah Beeny who hadnt got a fukkin clue how to do a house up, but, got away with it because they spent so long fukin about, HPI managed to bail them out.

Actually I am right for once!

Beenies people ARE our government. Financialy incompetant fukin morons who listen to no one but themselves and are now right in the shight!

I actually think this indicates they don't believe they will be re-elected.

This is their version of scuttling the boat before they jump overboard.

Loads of gem posts on this thread, some of you have said exactly what was on the tip of my tongue, but the one that sums it up best is "A government out of their depth" - yes, since day 1."

HOLA4425

My main fear is that govt borrowing wont work (it wont) and in april they will announce they need to borrow more, then next november more again, they are credit junkies maxed out the card? get another to pay for that then another and so on until the bailiffs arrive or you steal resources (iran) and claim them yours, then borrow against that too...imperialism is on its way back to a store near you!