HOLA441
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
an asset......yes......as long as the interest is paid and the value of the security holds. And excuse my spelling :-)

I think you are onto something- better call Merv at the Bank.

And Injin owes me £5, so dont listen to his lies about no-one owing anything.

HOLA443
Guest anorthosite
Nice Try Gordon, but I am afraid the game is up its time for you to leave England to return to Scotland where I am sure you will get a warm reception.

We're not taking him back! We have a proper leader ;)

HOLA444
HOLA445

Well the cats out the bag when it comes to house prices going down so now they are trying the ploy of saying prices will only drop 10-15% having forgot about the 20% p.a rises.

with so much trouble and the crash only just starting then it's a fair bet that like the boom the bust will be just as unpredictable.

City Fool

Could it be your IQ is a little lacking and you find it hard to follow conversations if you don't see it on the BBC first.

maybe you should read some history about the last crash to bring yourself upto speed and then come back and have a go with some substance behind your theory of whats good and whats not so good for the site.

I await an email saying your the new mod before i clear off but in the mean time being a tin foil hat type guy i will continue to stock up on food and fuel and hope nature is not too hard on you when it comes to servival of the fitest and all that.

HOLA446
HOLA447
I think Coventry was an inside job. Winston couldn't let Gerry know we had broken the enigma code and he wanted an excuse to bomb Dresden beyond what could have been seen as reasonable.

That's the local conspiracy theory

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventr...ire/7282424.stm

and by coincidence while the aforementioned play was on, a World War 2 bomb was found behind the theatre.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventr...ire/7293488.stm

Anyway, back to the main topic, I believe that the global economy is controlled by the Bilderberg Group, something that the PNAC loonies who want the USA to control the world don't appreciate. Bilderberg is multinational.

HOLA448

City fool? More like city ponce. Probably spends all day bossing people around for a nice 100k a year and now he wants to do the same on an internet forum. Mmmm - what kind of response did you expect?

As for the media, well they know what they can do. How many property ramping articles have we had? How many adverts have we had in the supplements? How many of them advertised the services of Inside Track? You guys better realise your days are numbered. People are starting to stop watching TV and reading the papers because they are full of

Although I don't agree with everything people say on here, they should be free to say it. While it lasts, the internet seems to be last place where I can have my views heard, whether right or wrong. I would like it to stay that way please.

Edited by markinspain

HOLA449
Well the cats out the bag when it comes to house prices going down so now they are trying the ploy of saying prices will only drop 10-15% having forgot about the 20% p.a rises.

with so much trouble and the crash only just starting then it's a fair bet that like the boom the bust will be just as unpredictable.

City Fool

Could it be your IQ is a little lacking and you find it hard to follow conversations if you don't see it on the BBC first.

maybe you should read some history about the last crash to bring yourself upto speed and then come back and have a go with some substance behind your theory of whats good and whats not so good for the site.

I await an email saying your the new mod before i clear off but in the mean time being a tin foil hat type guy i will continue to stock up on food and fuel and hope nature is not too hard on you when it comes to servival of the fitest and all that.

Heh! No I find conversations tiresome to follow when they are between complete lunatics drivelling about the end of the world as we know it.

To the other poster above. Soros has NOT predicted a depression or anything like it.

My IQ is just fine as well.

HOLA4410
Heh! No I find conversations tiresome to follow when they are between complete lunatics drivelling about the end of the world as we know it.

To the other poster above. Soros has NOT predicted a depression or anything like it.

Funny how some of us complete lunatics were warning that fuel prices and food were about to rocket last year.

Hey - the monetary value of the Barlows Strategic food reserve has appreciated 20% this year

Hows that for an investment Cityfool?

strategic_food_reserve.jpg

post-10375-1210789734_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kurt Barlow

HOLA4411
Guest anorthosite
City fool? More like city ponce. Probably spends all day bossing people around for a nice 100k a year and now he wants to do the same on an internet forum. Mmmm - what kind of response did you expect?

Maybe after a hard day's bossing he just wants a bit of a spanking :o

HOLA4412

A small word of support for Cityfool here.

First - he requested that we all act more sensibly. Well people can make of that what they will - he didn't complain to the mods or threaten to do so, he just asked. Fair enough imo.

Second - he hasn't handed out any abuse and so doesn't deserve any.

I don't agree with him for a second, but there is no need to go all ad hominem on him.

Edited by Injin

HOLA4413
A small word of support for Cityfool here.

First - he requested that we all act more sensibly. Well people can make of that what they will - he didn't complain to the mods or threaten to do so, he just asked. Fair enough imo.

Second - he hasn't handed out any abuse and so doesn't deserve any.

I don't agree with him for a second, but there is no need to go all ad hominem on him.

What is point? I mean what is the point of coming onto a forum and asking people to post how you want them too? It's not only ludicrously concieted but it defeats the point of a forum.

HOLA4414
CITYFOOL:

I don't know if it has occured to you that one man's restraint is another man's acceptance (while lying down and rolling over) of the very things that got UK PLC into this mess in the first place. You seem to be implying that any views expressed which don't paint a picture of ordered economics and conventional wisdom somehow have conspiracy nut-case theories behind them.

Let me remind you that the majority of veteran posters on this site were telling the rest of dumb Britain that they were about to jump off a cliff like lemmings, and there would be a housing crash. They also told the rest of the UK's dim-witted BTL'ers and MEW'ers that they were sitting on a time bomb, and that money doesn't grow on trees after all. But NO-ONE took much notice and indeed for at least two years those very posters were lampooned, written-off, insulted, described as crack pots and generally were considered to be a collection of nere-do-well feckless idiots who hadn't a clue. How tables turn.

As for conspiracies, many of today's "conspiracy theorists", but not all, turn out to be tommorrow's wise sages. Please cast your mind back to, for example, Watergate, a classic example of a Washington Post led conspiracy theory which, funnily enough turned out to be 100% true. Yet at the time the entire weight of the US broadcast media and other vested interests consistently published damning indictments of anyone who dared to say a US president was utterly corrupt.

There are many more modern examples of "theories" turning out to be not only fact, but against an enormous conventional media reaction and refusal to confront growing evidence, turned out to represent a great service to all those who buried their ostrich heads in the sand. I won't repeat the theories about Iraq and WMDs, or the myths that this forum has almost single-handedly exposed as being fiction like "property is in dire shortage" or "houses only ever go up", or "Gordon Brown is determined there will be no more boom and bust", or "your money's safe in any UK institution", ad nauseam, but you get my drift.

It is the very restraint you are (somewhat arrogantly) requesting that has precisely allowed quite a few crooks, spivs and sharks to perpetuate a situation which now everyone else is having to pay for with inflation, high prices, insanely expensive housing, and the virtual collapse of the UK banking system, and those you chide as having a lack of restraint have done their best to alert everyone else in a generally civilised way.

In conclusion, your post doesn't have a leg to stand on, and I would suggest that you try to overcome your need to put restraining orders on others. We are all perfectly capable of making our own minds up about what we read here and we really do not need a self appointed ombudsman. Thank you so much.

Heat - Kitchen - Can't - Out - stand - get - if (assemble into a well known phrase) :P

VP

Just about sums it up for me.

One more thing...how come the OP didn`t have a bad word to say about Scarlets and her crew? He couldn`t possibly be a God botherer could he?

HOLA4415

A certain paradox here.....Cityfool asks us for restraint because HPC's new found importance may attract the mainstream & threads that contain off-the-wall comments may 'put-off' the mainstream.....has turned into such a thread

Any road up, for what it's worth, I enjoy the odd 'out-there' thread or comment. It doesn't detract from the main theme. Furthermore, I find it difficult to define or identify a 'nut-job', because it's so subjective. A few hundred years ago, anyone who didn't think the earth was flat or that the sun revolved around us, was considered radio-rental.

However, we're much more sophisticated these days. If I set up a pyramid in my garden, and worshipped the sun every Sunday, just because I could see it, feel it and it did trivial things like give me light, keep me warm & generally keep me alive, then I would be considered mad, a cultist, a nut-job etc.

But if I worshipped an omnipotent being, that I believe created us, loves us, forgives us, watches our every move even though no one has ever seen 'it', we just have to have 'faith' that 'it' exists because we're told (brainwashed?) it is so, then that's perfectly normal behaviour which is endorsed by billions.

Nice

HOLA4416
What is point? I mean what is the point of coming onto a forum and asking people to post how you want them too? It's not only ludicrously concieted but it defeats the point of a forum.

Well yes, it is pointless, and he is wrong on a lot of what he says - on taxes, banking etc.

Still, he was only asking and he backed up what he asked for with reasons. All very civilised. Doesn't realy merit "you low IQ tosser" type comments, imo.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
1.The world is not run by a secret group of bankers

The entire world is controlled by a fiat currencies that have been imposed on the population against their will using legal tender laws. This system is clearly administered and controlled by the Central Bankers.

2. Western civlisation is not under threat.

Western standards of living have been falling for years and will continue to do so for the forseable future.

3. Whining tax payers.

Well what can I say - some people just don't like having money taken from them by force (taxes). They especially don't like it when they never get any of it back because it's all getting spent on ministerial salaries, a bloated state sector and for bailing out mutimillionaire bankers so they can continue to spend 30k a week on cocaine and call girls.

4. Those who accuse everyone who gets anything from the welfare state as "scroungers". You generally know nothing about the circumstances of the people you criticise (whether personally on here as a group). They are in the vast majority of cases simply claiming what they are entitled to and should feel no shame for doing so. They certainly don't need to be bullied by you.

They ARE scroungers. They are not 'entitiled' to money that has been taken from more prudent people by force or threat of force (taxes).

5. we are not going back to the days of goldsmiths charging to look after your coins.

Actually, that's what many on this forum are doing. Have you not heard of BullionVault? You, my friend, may stick with your fiat currencies, but it won't buy you much in a years time!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

The end of a super boom which has lasted for more than 60 years. He said the risks are greater than previous post-war boom/busts.

"The danger is that the resulting political tensions, including US protectionism, may disrupt the global economy and plunge the world into recession or worse"

http://www.georgesoros.com/?q=worst_in_60years

I'm suprised someone is paying you a 6 figure salary in the city and you don't know this stuff.

Following the precautionary principle it would thus make rational sense to at least plan for the possibility of such an outcome perhaps through having a stock of non-perishable/long-life foods, drinking water and so on. If they're not required you can eat them anyway.

I have learned many things from different people and links on this site I wouldn't ordinarily come across - ignoring those I don't find helpful - I'm sure anyone else is equally able to do the same. If you choose not to, that's up to you.

Edit: Added Soros link

Edited by Red Kharma

HOLA4422
Please could the following groups refrain from posting here :

1) Anti free-speech advocates

2) Boom/Bust apologists

3) Trickle-down economic theorists

4) The French

Are! the trickle down theory, what a load of balderdash. I much prefer the trickle up theory, where those at the bottom of the pay scale can contribute to the economy without having to rely on state handouts.

HOLA4423
I'm suprised someone is paying you a 6 figure salary in the city and you don't know this stuff.

Following the precautionary principle it would thus make rational sense to at least plan for the possibility of such an outcome perhaps through having a stock of non-perishable/long-life foods, drinking water and so on. If they're not required you can eat them anyway.

Re people on large salaries dismissing risks as too remote - see today's FT - http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/148c8cfe-2110-11...?nclick_check=1

HOLA4424

The entire premise of the OP is a contradiction- if the 'outside world' is suddenly taking an interest in the site, it's precisely because it offers a range of viewpoints not found elswhere.

To argue that views should be 'normalised' to be more acceptable is to kill the goose= no more golden eggs= no more interest in the site.

HOLA4425

I can't remember an "end of the world" statement ever being made here, and I don't think you are any less lunatic than anyone else (but your theme is becoming a bit of a bore). I have seen a few statements predicting the end of the city slicker world inhabited by city fools but none about the end of the world itself, so you must be making these up to support your vapid argument. I would retire to your threadneedle bunker before the response to your censorship drive becomes singularly unrestrained. It's becoming a bit of a stuck record. Why not think of something useful to say instead of morally disapproving everyone else.

And I mean that with sincere restraint. :rolleyes:

VP