House Price Crash Forum

The Lenders Are Getting Nervous.

Guest The_Oldie

HOLA441
Well it's pretty bloody obvious that you're Alistair Campbell. Look, you've even used your real photo as an avatar!

No I'm f**king not. You f**ker. F**KER !!! I'll f**king deck you !!

Mind you, I recommend his excellent book "The Blair Years" - strong, soft and very absorbent !!!! Don't be caught short without it.

Edited by SpewLabour

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
If his bosses read his posts he'd be doosed :lol:

An earlier poster mentioned aggressive postings, which in turn brought PG to mind.

Maybe in reality he really is a suit and the over the top persona he uses on this site is a bit provocative escapism? OK probably not.

However the phrase merchant banker still seems appropriate if used in the cockney vernacular.

HOLA447
An earlier poster mentioned aggressive postings, which in turn brought PG to mind.

Maybe in reality he really is a suit and the over the top persona he uses on this site is a bit provocative escapism? OK probably not.

However the phrase merchant banker still seems appropriate if used in the cockney vernacular.

You're avin a bubble, surely :)

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest tbatst2000
Judging by the increasing number of confrontational posts originating from the IP addresses of Investment Banks and other financial institutions, I would say that the lenders are getting somewhat nervous :lol:.

Well, I work for a big financial institution (not an IB) and I can't say people around here look particularly nervous.... I hope that doesn't come across as too confrontational a statement :) Having said that, I'm sure things are a bit more tense over at some of the hedge funds right now.

HOLA4411
Yes, thats my theory too, and my spies at the BoE inform that Merv delights in an afternoon cuppa with Marks and Spencers chocolate roll or a digestive. I rest my case! You've probably noticed that RB never posts when the MPC meets either!

On the subject of Merv's mid-afternoon habits.

Many years ago I worked for a large bank (now owned north of the border), and I attended a meeting at the BoE on credit risk management... I can confirm that their biscuits were excellent, much the best to be had in the city in those days (1993).

HOLA4412
Guest Popalot

It is so funny, whenever a city bonus or stock market going down thread emerges, they just cannot help themselves....as a hint, and in my experience (because they are my particular bete noire) on this site they use really pretentious Christian names (perhaps beginning with S perhaps B...........or dodgy nerdy versions of their own name.....or condescending names like HPC Convert......Hmm so, either the usual Eton/ Oxford combo or the ferrety obsessive to make money nerds from the masses. We all know who they are!!!!!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest grumpy-old-man
It is so funny, whenever a city bonus or stock market going down thread emerges, they just cannot help themselves....as a hint, and in my experience (because they are my particular bete noire) on this site they use really pretentious Christian names (perhaps beginning with S perhaps B...........or dodgy nerdy versions of their own name.....or condescending names like HPC Convert......Hmm so, either the usual Eton/ Oxford combo or the ferrety obsessive to make money nerds from the masses. We all know who they are!!!!!

that's me in the clear then. ;)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I suspect a lot of City people are on here because they are worrying about the London property market.

Low or no bonus means falling central London prices. Quite a few people will be looking to sell up and leave London after the rout. I know a few who left after the 2000 crash having made some nice bonuses and decided to downscale to a better life. Problem is if London property crashes they may be stuck unable to sell and their basic salary will not cover their basic livng costs and believe me the basic living costs of an investment banker are at least £250k per year.. Most basic City salaries are only £100k even for very senior people and if you get no bonus you are essentially funding your life out of savings. Better to sell up and leave.

HOLA4419
I expect that many people sometimes post from their work computer but it doesnt mean they share the view of their employers

It can still be very much their own personal view

Also that info should be private so I'm not sure you ought to be posting a thread on that subject if you are supposed to be one of the responsible people running this website?

If so you have let the site down by using personal information and you should be reprimanded bt the other Mods IMHO

And your thread includes your own opinion and we can't see the info you are using

Shut up you muppet!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Guest Shedfish

maybe there's just a few people with more time on their hands

dropping

flies

OK I'll come clean, I'm Bob Diamond, CEO of Barclay's Capital and one of the architects of the current financial world.

Anyone else want to own up.

yes, i'm Julia Caesar from the beeb

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Guest wrongmove
Judging by the increasing number of confrontational posts originating from the IP addresses of Investment Banks and other financial institutions, I would say that the lenders are getting somewhat nervous :lol:.

:P

Maybe they are just checking out how their ads look?