• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
They cant dodge it now even if they wanted to.

Inflation is on the up and with oil at its highest price ever they have no wiggle room left..

They will be lucky if its not 0.5

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If it's +0.5, I'll be up about £4500 on a £10 I failed to lay off against. (Don't ask)

HOLA447

Inflation is on the up and with oil at its highest price ever they have no wiggle room left..

ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Brent crude is not (not) at an all time high today, WTI is.

HOLA448

they have before and no doubt will again; not sure what it would take to for reality to sink in but pretty sure we're not there yet

HOLA449

I was leaning heavily toward "vigilance" but am leaning back toward a .25% hike with today's news on wage inflation, food inflation and oil prices--all up. Also, borrowing is not slowing much and consumer spending is torrid. However..............with a GE coming up the muppets may have to tow the party line for awhile longer yet.

Its worth a tenner on a hike though. Wotz the odds at Betfair?

HOLA4410
I was leaning heavily toward "vigilance" but am leaning back toward a .25% hike with today's news on wage inflation, food inflation and oil prices--all up. Also, borrowing is not slowing much and consumer spending is torrid. However..............with a GE coming up the muppets may have to tow the party line for awhile longer yet.

+25% is 25/1. No change is the shortest price it's been for many months. If Betfair is any guide, there is almost no chance of a rise tomorrow

HOLA4411
Guest Popalot

Tomorrow is the litmus test. All the data poits overwhelming to the need for a rise. The media have softened up the public for 6%, albeit "by end of year". If they do not rasie it will prove one or all of three widely held beliefs of ours:

1. Gordon Brown controls them totally. Floods are enough. Call to Lomax

2. They are basically afraid of the CBI and the media whipping up opinion against them

3. The FTSE/ general market wobbles

On balance I am sure they will not raise them for any of the above pathetic reasons..... ;)

HOLA4412
+25% is 25/1. No change is the shortest price it's been for many months. If Betfair is any guide, there is almost no chance of a rise tomorrow

would be a bigger shock than January IMO. Mostly due to it being a "back to back" job.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

It's a hold.

However, expect Merv to vote for a rise and be outvoted 3-6 or 4-5. This will send the message to those wobbly markets that in September rates will rise. Everyone will then have a month to price it in, newspapers get to warn the public weeks in advance and it won't be a shock when it happens.

Has this year taught you lot nothing?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I think they will wait too, on the grounds that last month's rise has yet to work through the economy. One feels that if they had raised by 0.5pct or more on any one of the previous hikes the effect would have been greater.

0.25 pct is just tinkering. It's like the price of fags, if they had raised the price from say £2 to £5 it would have been more effective (if their aim was to make people give up, not just donate more to the treasury)

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
little birdy said no, last month.

your little birdy is normally wrong so i expect a rise now! mind you you also called a crash in Q1 2007 and we all know how that worked out :lol:

I don't think there will be a rise tomorrow, its too soon , i would be very surprised, given the shocks to financial markets this month , floods, and so on, i think the MPC will go for caution and mull the situation until next month , when things may become clearer.

HOLA4422

If Betfair are offering 25:1 on a hike that sounds like a decent punt. But.....back to back is not their style and Gordo is meeting at Chequers next week for an undislosed strategy meeting.

If I was forced to bet I would still go with "vigilance" on the basis that the BoE are not an independent entity.

HOLA4423
your little birdy is normally wrong so i expect a rise now! mind you you also called a crash in Q1 2007 and we all know how that worked out :lol:

Moderator: Please do not misquote other members in your post, text removed.

oh great. Another stalker.

This has to be the lamest one yet. So lame, in fact, that my only response to this whiny little humorless tvrd is...

added to ignore list.

You are the whiniest link. Goodbaye.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425