House Price Crash Forum

Panorama Tonight

Realistbear

HOLA441
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

people may find it intersting to see the illegal bungalows built in the back gardens. nothing being done about it because of the race of people building them.

HOLA443
people may find it intersting to see the illegal bungalows built in the back gardens. nothing being done about it because of the race of people building them.

Yes I saw that on BBC London news tonight. Loads of garden dwellings going up in Slough to house immigrants. Unbelievable!

How do they get planning permission? Oh what a silly question!

HOLA444
HOLA445
Yes I saw that on BBC London news tonight. Loads of garden dwellings going up in Slough to house immigrants. Unbelievable!

How do they get planning permission? Oh what a silly question!

Local building control isnt interested, only if you have planning permission do they stick their big greasy ccoks in, same with electircal and gas fitting, corgi is only interested in collecting money off its members not chasing cowboy gasfitters.

HOLA446
HOLA447
Also this

Tonight BBC2

7:00 pm

Building Britain

Germaine Greer puts forward a radical solution to the housing shortage in Cambridge.

Radical?! more like, let's build more flats and stop farming the land to let it grow wild - bloody NIMBY!

HOLA448
Hidden numbers ?

You can say that again as i was convinced all the new immigrants were following me around the country to upset me.

we must be on for 20% plus by now

Yeah - I live up in Scotland, a fairly rural part of it but even here the change has been remarkable. The local Supermarkets and shops are now 40% EE staffed, same with pubs and clubs, even the main local industrial employer has switched to EE staff.

Also seen a huge inflow of white middle class English families, mostly I think due to relatively cheaper housing costs and more than a little to Anglo "White Flight".

Anyway - if we are seeing changes up here then it must be even more obvious in the SE of England.

HOLA449

One could argue if these illegal bungalows hadn't been built then the housing crisis would be even worse and would only add to higher prices. <_<

HOLA4410

I watched the Panorama 'what happened next' update prog the other night . The Scientology one was an absolute classic - re-watch here :

Scientology cult http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/p...am=1&nbwm=1

list of other prog updates http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/6269148.stm

btw

Mon 23 Jul, 8:30 pm - 9:00 pm 30mins

Immigration - How We Lost Count

The government has no idea how many immigrants enter Britain illegally but how many enter lawfully? Panorama went to the immigration hotspot of Slough - where government figures claim the population is falling. But with new arrivals pitching up daily, the council says the opposite's true and that as a result, it simply can't balance its books. Richard Bilton reports on the school where one class has had 40 per cent turnover of pupils and hears from some of Slough's immigrants who say it's time to call a halt.

HOLA4411
Panorama went to the immigration hotspot of Slough

What's the big draw for immigrants in Slough? Here in Wolverhampton we have well established bridgeheads of Pakistanis, Indians etc. with their own people on the inside as councillors and their own streets of shops etc. but Slough? uh?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Yeah - I live up in Scotland, a fairly rural part of it but even here the change has been remarkable. The local Supermarkets and shops are now 40% EE staffed, same with pubs and clubs, even the main local industrial employer has switched to EE staff.

Also seen a huge inflow of white middle class English families, mostly I think due to relatively cheaper housing costs and more than a little to Anglo "White Flight".

Anyway - if we are seeing changes up here then it must be even more obvious in the SE of England.

i live in central london and well i need to learn another new language, because staff dont understand english.

HOLA4414
What's the big draw for immigrants in Slough? Here in Wolverhampton we have well established bridgeheads of Pakistanis, Indians etc. with their own people on the inside as councillors and their own streets of shops etc. but Slough? uh?

because they dont like non white skin people.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
It's on right now and what a hoot it is too!

All those Asians and Africans moaning on about the Polish, saying that locals should get preference!

I haven't laughed so hard in ages!

Presumably we all think that local is better defined as European rather than from another continent far far away?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
It's on right now and what a hoot it is too!

All those Asians and Africans moaning on about the Polish, saying that locals should get preference!

I haven't laughed so hard in ages!

My favourite was part was when the announcer said we were also receiving Dutch immigrants

Oooh, I like the Dutch, I thought aloud

Don't Dutch people wear clogs rather than hijabs?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Dunno about definition of locals mate - rather not get into that in case I branded a racist for daring to comment.

Mind you I'm godsmaked the BBC is actually tackling this issue - my only guess is that finally the middle class liberals running the BBC are starting to see the impact themselves from their high ivory towers.

However not all praise to the BBC - the journalist when presented with 4,000 Dutch nationals living in Slough (all actually Somali) did not ask the question WHY there were in Slough and not Amsterdam - but since they were moaning about not getting enough "support" from our government I think I guess why they came...

Best part of the show - the locals complaining about the Roma crapping on the streets and the story of the (might be wrong here) 14year old Roma girl, pregnant with a 15 year old father turning up and demanding "support". Seriously 80 odd unoccompanied Roma kids just turning up!

I get the impression Britain (and I guess mostly SE England) is becoming the worlds dumping ground!

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Why have we got all those Somalis here from Holland? No explanation about that. I bet not one of them works!

M A D N E S S!!!!!!!!!!!

The somalies must have been refugees in holland- got EU citizenships and came here legit

-its gonna get wose- Poland will be opening its doors to chinese and indians- to fill the gap left by the poles who came here- i bet they'll stay in poland to get their EU passport and then come here <doh>

Archived