House Price Crash Forum

House not selling, Estate agent doesn't know why. have reduced price by over £50k

HOLA441
HOLA442
Posted (edited)

Reading the comments it looks like some EA valued the property 450k back in July last year. 

including StampDuty half a million pound for a house that looks like a GP clinic from the outside. 

Edited by NoHPCinTheUK

HOLA443

Actually if you browse that sub reddit nearly every post is now about house being on market for 6 months and zero viewers and people wondering why nobody is offering half a million pounds for a shoebox. The penny is starting to drop and it would be nice to see a full blown crash hammer the idiots who mortgaged up to their eye balls and caused the entire bubble.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, NoHPCinTheUK said:

Because it's way over valued and in the middle of nowhere.

Devon & Cornwall went parabolic during Covid insanity.

No services where they live. No decent restaurants.

No supermarkets nearby and you probably have to travel 15 miles to give your car an oil change.

You will also need to wait an hour for the bus when you drop the car off at the garage or hang around the town for a few hours whilst any work gets done.

And you will have to commute 20 miles plus to get work in Exeter unless you want to work in an ice cream van for tourists.

I know all this from living in Cornwall for 10 years.

It's also a hideous new build that lacks any soul or creativity.

Bland looking monstrosity.

Now the cheap credit has dried up the days of flipping properties in scenic areas are long gone.

There is a lot more pain to come.

Still not even halfway through the first innings.

Edited by The Angry Capitalist

HOLA447
1 hour ago, dpg50000 said:

That house is the very definition of bang average. In a sane world, it would be half the asking price.

A 1300sq ft. seaside detached a short commute from the centre of Exeter is well above average relative to the UK housing stock as a whole.

This is more about the market seizing up than kite flying.  Its overpriced, but not by much.  Or if it is now highly overpriced the UK housing market is in big trouble.

HOLA448
1 minute ago, hotblack42 said:

A 1300sq ft. seaside detached a short commute from the centre of Exeter is well above average relative to the UK housing stock as a whole.

This is more about the market seizing up than kite flying.  Its overpriced, but not by much.  Or if it is now highly overpriced the UK housing market is in big trouble.

Ok, maybe the location does mean it's worth a bit more. But bloody hell, the house itself is so, so stunningly average, I fail to see anything close to the £425K original asking price in terms of value. Nothing wrong with a stunningly average house (mine is similar), just so long as the price reflects that. IMO, this one doesn't. Just my opinion. 

HOLA449
8 minutes ago, The Angry Capitalist said:

you probably have to travel 15 miles to give your car an oil change.

And you will have to commute 20 miles plus to get work in Exeter unless you want to work in an ice cream van for tourists.

image.thumb.png.55865466ff614f8330af4837681fc64a.png

I don't disagree with your views on this house overall, but its a bit mean to call this a monstrosity when millions are living in damp terraces and poky flats.

image.png

HOLA4410
1 minute ago, hotblack42 said:

I don't disagree with your views on this house overall, but its a bit mean to call this a monstrosity when millions are living in damp terraces and poky flats.

image.png

It is a monstrosity when you consider these are selling or priced well over £300,000 and then some.

HOLA4411
12 minutes ago, hotblack42 said:

image.png

There is a train to Exeter st David.....15 min £6.30.;)

HOLA4412
24 minutes ago, The Angry Capitalist said:

No supermarkets nearby and you probably have to travel 15 miles to give your car an oil change.

You will also need to wait an hour for the bus when you drop the car off at the garage or hang around the town for a few hours whilst any work gets done.

Now the cheap credit has dried up the days of flipping properties in scenic areas are long gone.

Yes.

It will probably end up selling for what it would have sold for before Covid: Within 5% of £325k.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
2 hours ago, DownwardSlopingPlateau said:

I'm sure I know the answer to this one.. It's.. It's.. Nope. Gone.

It's clearly the wrong shade of beige

HOLA4415
7 minutes ago, The Angry Capitalist said:

Maybe not even that.

Search for jobs within a 10 mile range of that area.

Average wage is probably around £18,000 per year if that locally.

Truly interesting how after all we've seen,  anyone still thinks local wages is even a minor factor 

HOLA4416
3 minutes ago, The Angry Capitalist said:

Maybe not even that.

Search for jobs within a 10 mile range of that area.

Average wage is probably around £18,000 per year if that locally.

OK. However 4 bed detached houses don't sell to people earning way less than the full time minimum wage.

But I'll knock another 5% off for a combination of nationwide nominal falls and local employment woes.

So my revised prediction is: Within 5% of 309k.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
20 minutes ago, The Angry Capitalist said:

It is when interest rates are set by the free market.

But I get your point.

15 years of QE and HTB will make local wage irrelevant.

Until now...

Perhaps.

Let's keep an eye on it and see.

HOLA4421
1 hour ago, hotblack42 said:

People trying to sell this kind of rubbish are in big trouble, the housing market will be much healthier after a good sized price correction.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
54 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

Unlikely, interest rates were zero back then.

Please feel free to bookmark this page and refer back to it.

If that house ever sells.

HOLA4424
8 hours ago, The Angry Capitalist said:

what about AIRBNB's and 2nd homes? I thought that still had traction.

HOLA4425