House Price Crash Forum

Local and Mayoral Elections

HOLA441

Khan's in the favourite position partly because the Tory Susan Hall ran an inept campaign, at least to start with. Most people in London are more concerned with good air quality for their kids, than the ULEZ charge that doesn't apply to most modern vehicles.  She was perhaps on more fertile ground talking about crime, but there again most people realise that the big cuts in police numbers originated with the national (Tory) government. The big factor, and maybe unfair from Hall's position, is that everyone can see that nothing has improved since the Tories gained national power in 2010, and many things are a lot worse - nhs waiting lists, water scandals, pot holes etc etc.  The election should be based on local issues (and to be fair both Khan and Hall are campaigning as such) but in reality people will be voting based on their opinion of the national government.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

6 weeks ain’t it?  Need to wait a bit longer to get those hugely ineffective and costly flights off the ground. They seem to be pinning all their hopes on it…while not realising that 3/4 of the population vomit at the idea.

28 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

New crossing record already today.

Zero evidence of any deterrent.

They're frogmarching the migrants they can find onto a barge :rolleyes:.

Protesters block coach in Peckham from taking asylum seekers to Bibby Stockholm barge | The Independent

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA443
HOLA444
13 minutes ago, Trampa501 said:

Khan's in the favourite position partly because the Tory Susan Hall ran an inept campaign, at least to start with. Most people in London are more concerned with good air quality for their kids, than the ULEZ charge that doesn't apply to most modern vehicles.  She was perhaps on more fertile ground talking about crime, but there again most people realise that the big cuts in police numbers originated with the national (Tory) government. The big factor, and maybe unfair from Hall's position, is that everyone can see that nothing has improved since the Tories gained national power in 2010, and many things are a lot worse - nhs waiting lists, water scandals, pot holes etc etc.  The election should be based on local issues (and to be fair both Khan and Hall are campaigning as such) but in reality people will be voting based on their opinion of the national government.

You really think BoJo become London Mayor on his merits? ;)

HOLA445
1 hour ago, Trampa501 said:

On the ballot form they state where the candidate is based/operating from. Various locations eg Wandsworth or Greenwich. It was noticeable that the Reform candidate was not based in London (Tunbridge Wells). Almost as though they didn't really want to try.

London is a wound for Reform.

If they avoid it, they get attacked for not being serious and being afraid of real politicians

If they put effort it takes money and resources away from throbbing temple areas where they can be influential. 

So its a token effort and the usual swivel-eyed loonacy. 

We'll see if the people see through them in the GE.

HOLA446

Reform to Tory as liberal to labour........polarised politics, nothing left in the middle.....fractioned....end days for first past the post......Brexit like it did happen, didn't have to have happened like it did......;)

HOLA447
20 minutes ago, msi said:

aka Democracy.

Why do you seem against it....?

We call it importing Labour voters. That's what I'm against ;)

HOLA448
42 minutes ago, MancTom said:

if the thinks the 1922 is about to get enough letters I suspect he will call an election out of spite.

That would be brave, Tories latest poll rating released today is even lower than when Lettuce Liz was in charge.

HOLA449
5 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

That would be brave, Tories latest poll rating released today is even lower than when Lettuce Liz was in charge.

I think for sure he will hang-on till the latest possible moment in hope of a black swan helping him out. Even if it is just to cushion the blow of loss.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
1 minute ago, Lagarde's Drift said:

I think for sure he will hang-on till the latest possible moment in hope of a black swan helping him out. Even if it is just to cushion the blow of loss.

But given a choice of jump or be kicked? Mordaunt is waiting in the wings. 

HOLA4412
3 minutes ago, Lagarde's Drift said:

That and the chance of a lucrative, for him, trade deal with India.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Very disappointed with the Conservative party.....in it for themselves and special friends, always voted for them up until the coalition when voted for LD.......everything gone down hill since then, Labour would be a wasted vote for many people if voting tactically......LD, reform and green a wasted vote for others......nowadays having to vote out what don't want instead of voting for what we want.......they call it democracy, right on.;)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
23 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Did you object when the Tories were moving Labour voters out of London?

That's only 1 person who has been moved out of London to Rwanda, and you people have complained enough about that for me to be surplus to requirements, if I wanted to object.

Only kidding, I know what you mean. They moved them out of London, but to a town near me. I did object, and if you didn't hear me, here's me objecting some more.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
45 minutes ago, Huggy said:

We call it importing Labour voters. That's what I'm against ;)

That's political interference and a serious crime. So naturally, you have evidence of uk immigration deliberately screening immigrants for Political affiliation and only letting Labour supporting immigrants in.

don't you......

don't you.......???