House Price Crash Forum

Sunak now most unpopular PM since 1979

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
5 hours ago, Timm said:

https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/files/ct/news/documents/2024-04/ipsos-political-monitor-april-2024-charts.pdf

Also, the Tories have never been less popular at 19% Vs 44% for Labour.

This poll is probably an outlier, but still...

But why aren't people giving him credit he doesn't deserve after 'he' brought inflation down with his plan plan plan? Maybe he hasn't boasted about it enough?

HOLA446
3 minutes ago, fellow said:

But why aren't people giving him credit he doesn't deserve after 'he' brought inflation down with his plan plan plan? Maybe he hasn't boasted about it enough?

Inflation was always going to completely crumble - anyone could have seen it...just not this forum... 😉

HOLA447
17 minutes ago, Stewy said:

Inflation was always going to completely crumble - anyone could have seen it...just not this forum... 😉

Well yes, that was exactly my point, he didn't do anything to bring inflation down but tells everyone what a great job he did, conveniently omitting the fact that he was the one who caused inflation to rocket in the first place. Like throwing a ball in the air and claiming credit for bringing it back down to earth.

HOLA448
8 minutes ago, fellow said:

Well yes, that was exactly my point, he didn't do anything to bring inflation down but tells everyone what a great job he did, conveniently omitting the fact that he was the one who caused inflation to rocket in the first place. Like throwing a ball in the air and claiming credit for bringing it back down to earth.

Inflation rose because of disrupted supply chains from Covid..energy price spike..furlough..

All over now, just like inflation ✓✓

HOLA449
6 minutes ago, Stewy said:

Inflation rose because of disrupted supply chains from Covid..energy price spike..furlough..

All over now, just like inflation ✓✓

Furlough and the hundreds of billions to pay for it = Rishi Sunak's fault.

HOLA4410
39 minutes ago, fellow said:

35 minutes ago, Stewy said:

18 minutes ago, fellow said:

It is funny.

He sought to claim credit for something outside his control and will now get blamed if it does not happen.

HOLA4411
53 minutes ago, Timm said:

It is funny.

He sought to claim credit for something outside his control and will now get blamed if it does not happen.

And so he should get the blame when most of his policies have actively fought against the BOE's work. I mean, a 10% minimum wage increase etc. when inflation is down to 3% and the BOE are trying to fight a wage cost spiral, and multiple free cash handouts to those on benefits at a time when companies were crying out for more staff, WTF?

HOLA4412
43 minutes ago, fellow said:

And so he should get the blame when most of his policies have actively fought against the BOE's work. I mean, a 10% minimum wage increase etc. when inflation is down to 3% and the BOE are trying to fight a wage cost spiral, and multiple free cash handouts to those on benefits at a time when companies were crying out for more staff, WTF?

100% agree.

He is salting the earth and poisoning the wells for Labour.

But he is going to be hoisted by his own petard because higher inflation will dilute the salt.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
15 minutes ago, TenYearToGetMyMoneyBack said:

Where are the two stroke fumes? I guess the East German version of ULEZ was the ten year wait to get a Trabant.

Wonderful smell though if you mix Castrol R with the petrol, but nothing could make Sunak and his stinking government smell good.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
1 minute ago, Pebbles said:

Good riddance to sunak. A product of the globalist elite. Can't wait to see the back of him and a proper conservative elected from the right of the party.

As long as it's not another Brexiteer, we need to re-join the EU PDQ. 

Apparently, many of the elderly Brexiteers (my generation) are now dead leaving a majority in favour of re-joining, if they'll have us. 

HOLA4421
On 4/18/2024 at 12:44 PM, Timm said:

https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/files/ct/news/documents/2024-04/ipsos-political-monitor-april-2024-charts.pdf

Also, the Tories have never been less popular at 19% Vs 44% for Labour.

This poll is probably an outlier, but still...

I do not believe this, the questions could have been managed to imply this, in comparison to what we have had Sunuk to be OK

The right want to replace him Sunuk seems to be left of center the best that Conservatives can offer.

Weirdly he seems to be more left than Starmer perhaps they should change parties.

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

As long as it's not another Brexiteer, we need to re-join the EU PDQ. 

Apparently, many of the elderly Brexiteers (my generation) are now dead leaving a majority in favour of re-joining, if they'll have us. 

Any government that gives control of its borders to a foreign power which the EU is via the free movement of people is unacceptable to the right of the party. It is a vote for globalization which many of us within the party reject.

HOLA4423
6 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

Any government that gives control of its borders to a foreign power which the EU is via the free movement of people is unacceptable to the right of the party. It is a vote for globalization which many of us within the party reject.

I was "within the party" before, under Cameron, it became NuLabour part deux. The rot continued under May, BJ, Truss and Sunak. Now I just want it to cease to exist.

HOLA4424
1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

I was "within the party" before, under Cameron, it became NuLabour part deux. The rot continued under May, BJ, Truss and Sunak. Now I just want it to cease to exist.

But would you vote Labour?

HOLA4425
3 minutes ago, shlomo said:

But would you vote Labour?

I'll be voting tactically against the "Tories". So yes, if the candidate most likely to beat the "Tory" in my constituency, is Labour, then I'll vote Labour like I did at the last election.