House Price Crash Forum

Here we go again... First-time buyers' mortgage with £5,000 deposit and £500k limit launched

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
11 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

help

I wish they would stop misusing that word. Annoys me almost as much as "homeowner", which, I guess, will be the grand title the suckers who get these 99% mortgages will be awarded with by others in the cult.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
15 minutes ago, DownwardSlopingPlateau said:

"ladder" 😉

🤬

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

First-time buyers' mortgage with £5,000 deposit and £500k limit launched - but there are some restrictions | Business News | Sky News

Yorkshire Building Society's mortgage director, Ben Merritt, said its research suggested £5,000 was the sum that could help young people get on the property ladder.

Salary being the main restriction

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
3 hours ago, Si1 said:

I hate YBS. They're just a B&B lite with an inside track to govt for future bungs and bailouts.

I agree about ybs. the only good point from this is hopefully shut up those on here who said these mortgages wouldn't be available and credit wasn't going to be loosened. Like stewy I can see the plateau ending soon.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
2 hours ago, Pebbles said:

I agree about ybs. the only good point from this is hopefully shut up those on here who said these mortgages wouldn't be available and credit wasn't going to be loosened. Like stewy I can see the plateau ending soon.

very bad timing for an incoming Labour govt

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
3 hours ago, Pebbles said:

What you see: proof of HPI

What it could actually be: desperation to keep the pyramid scheme from falling over.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
8 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

First-time buyers' mortgage with £5,000 deposit and £500k limit launched - but there are some restrictions | Business News | Sky News

Yorkshire Building Society's mortgage director, Ben Merritt, said its research suggested £5,000 was the sum that could help young people get on the property ladder.

12 month's interest is a 6% deposit. A 1% deposit in a falling market is ready made sub prime.

8 hours ago, Huggy said:

I wish they would stop misusing that word. Annoys me almost as much as "homeowner", which, I guess, will be the grand title the suckers who get these 99% mortgages will be awarded with by others in the cult.

i.e. help the condemned person up the steps to the gallows 

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
4 minutes ago, The Angry Capitalist said:

Here is a question.

Best answer gets a gold star.

If demand for housing was so high (and the country getting more wealthy) why do the banks compete with each other to continue lowering rates and minimizing deposits?

Because that nice young man in the bank is my friend and wants to help me.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
15 minutes ago, The Angry Capitalist said:

Here is a question.

Best answer gets a gold star.

If demand for housing was so high (and the country getting more wealthy) why do the banks compete with each other to continue lowering rates and minimizing deposits?

Illustration-price-relationship-demand (3).jpg

HOLA4424
HOLA4425