House Price Crash Forum

UK Conscription

HOLA441
13 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

The draft letters won't get delivered, Royal Mail will ensure that.

I had been thinking: what tasks could a conscript army actually tackle... Run a postal service' was one of the ideas I came up with.  Then I realised... one would still be conscripted even if no-one had told you.  Why bother with the notification step?

Could conscription be run like a multi-level-marketing-scheme? The first thing every conscript is required to do... is conscript 10 additional recruits.  There could be severe penalties for failing to reach the quota within 7 days.  This set-up could be run by the top former post-office top-brass.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
5 hours ago, winkie said:

Divide and rule, Russia knows this, division = weakness, the Tory government should understand this......maybe the idea of a strong collective EU army was not a bad idea after all?;)

They sure do.

They warned the West and specifically the US about NATO expansion into Ukraine.

They warned about the degenerate Ukraine regime killing innocent Donbass citizens and persecuting them.

They warned about keeping to agreements made under Gorbachev with the West.

But the west ignored them because they think rules and laws only apply to everyone else and they can do what they want.

So Russia just planned for this and built up their weapons and waited for the right time to assert themselves and free the Donbass.

They picked the perfect time when western debts were so high and at their weakest.

HOLA443
4 hours ago, markyh said:

So just wait for invasion then?  Would they fight if invaded?  Or happily offer up their Mums and sisters to be raped by occupying Russian Troops. 

Nukes are no help , if both sides involved have them, as neither can use them. 

Lol.

Grow up.

Stop watching BBC news.

Why would the Russians invade Britain?

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

- WW1 was 18-41

- WW2 was 21-45

- WW3 could easily be 24-50+ (men and women?)

perhaps they will ‘sell it’ to the young by having a broader age group, and offer decent pay, and heavily tax/asset strip the old to make it ‘fair’, each fighter gets gifted a boomer house? Or a new house? 

no young person would fight for the UK in its current state and how badly they were screwed over, but offering a ‘new deal’ may sway them.

conscription is bad for the young, due to the shooty-shooty diey diey, but the survivors would reap the rewards of a much better life, the old however would suffer grinding poverty and lost pensions etc, having had savings converted into 20 year maturity  ‘new deal’ bonds - in effect freezing assets until most of them are dead. 

protests on all sides, but government war powers would just crush opposition. 

perhaps we would even have a dads army, boomers forced to drive busses and deliver post, work in hospitals, factories, farming, fire fighting etc, perhaps even house building as part of the new deal powers, forced to rip down boomer houses and build 3 more in their place.

perhaps if they seriously tried to conscript the young without any fairness or ‘new deal’ it would lead to a huge march on London, including military regiments joining, and an even more drastic version of ‘making it fair’ than a new deal, but this time dictated by the young at to the leaders at gun-point - and brutal examples being made. 

They would be forced to give the young something worth fighting for, such as a decent family home, and perhaps a veterans income.

i mean it would be dark and grim for everyone. No-one would ‘win’ in the situation.

the key to look out for as a tell tale sign of government getting ducks in a row before they enact conscription would be an illegal immigrant amnesty first, and opening of borders (already happening?)

maybe a launch of a “fight for us and gain citizenship” campaign.

perhaps even the mention of conscription was designed to create a very very strong back-lash (it’s all over social media) and make the government realise it would never be an option.

the military are probably laughing at the government for only just realising that unless they actually fund a real military, they might as well hand the country over to someone else without a fight, as they wouldn’t really be one.

we can’t keep cutting back on critical services like the military to fund the boomers lives, and his comments were designed to scare the crap out of government, who are now coming to terms that the young just have nothing to fight for.

home ownership rates in Russia are above 90% in UK they are 60% (mostly in the hands of the old), I mean for many of the young they just want a reasonable life, and they are not getting that now in the UK. 

Edited by jiltedjen

HOLA447

I posted  a comment on a Youtube vid about uk conscription to the tune of ‘those who bang the war drums should be first to the front’ or similar. This was met with a slew of comments calling me a traitor etc. AI/bot driven I would say, so there is definitely some kind of agenda.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Just now, The Angry Capitalist said:

They sure do.

They warned the West and specifically the US about NATO expansion into Ukraine.

They warned about the degenerate Ukraine regime killing innocent Donbass citizens and persecuting them.

They warned about keeping to agreements made under Gorbachev with the West.

But the west ignored them because they think rules and laws only apply to everyone else and they can do what they want.

So Russia just planned for this and built up their weapons and waited for the right time to assert themselves and free the Donbass.

They picked the perfect time when western debts were so high and at their weakest.

I think you have been hitting the Russian propaganda hard, cos your is basically the Kremlin talking line of nonsense.

Ukraine had a non NATO’s alignment pact woth Russia to "Appease" them this was from 2010 until 2014, when putin invaded illegally, they realised that Russians can't be trusted and made it policy to join NATO. 

The deaths in Donbas lie with Russia for using and arming Wagner group as "Seperatists" 

HOLA4410
On 27/01/2024 at 16:53, MancTom said:

That’s the point of conscription, you don’t get a choice. 

There won’t be conscription.  I think General Sanders quoted in this story is trying to improve the package offered to recruits.

https://news.sky.com/story/british-citizens-should-be-trained-and-equipped-to-fight-in-a-potential-war-with-russia-military-chief-says-13055161

Edited by Will!
Missed out the story

HOLA4411
22 minutes ago, Will! said:

There won’t be conscription.  I think General Sanders quoted in this story is trying to improve the package offered to recruits.

General Sanders must think himself a smooth mover. Will he get the pay deal he wants... or should he expect General Malaise?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
8 hours ago, markyh said:

So just wait for invasion then?  Would they fight if invaded?  Or happily offer up their Mums and sisters to be raped by occupying Russian Troops. 

Nukes are no help , if both sides involved have them, as neither can use them. 

Yep.....call me once Paris has fallen 

HOLA4415
On 1/27/2024 at 1:54 PM, A.steve said:

I don't understand why we should assume that being conscripted implies arming you as a conventional soldier.

You missed the general point. 

I don't trust any of the UK ruling establishment to be at all competent to run a bath...let alone competently gather, operate nor logistically support this conscript army. That's not withstanding they somehow miraculously turn around our heavily indebted service industry economy and turn it into some sort of war time powerhouse. 

We can barely support the Ukraine army, I'd sooner defect than be led by titans like Boris, Sunak or Starmer. 

HOLA4416
28 minutes ago, Casual-observer said:

You missed the general point. 

I don't trust any of the UK ruling establishment to be at all competent to run a bath...let alone competently gather, operate nor logistically support this conscript army. That's not withstanding they somehow miraculously turn around our heavily indebted service industry economy and turn it into some sort of war time powerhouse. 

We can barely support the Ukraine army, I'd sooner defect than be led by titans like Boris, Sunak or Starmer. 

Many on here appear to be under the misapprehension that the UK is a world power with superb military and world class economy. To quote Peter Hitchens who recently said on TheTimes Radio show: "outside the south east the UK is a third world country with sleet". 😆

Edited by petetong

HOLA4417
1 minute ago, petetong said:

Many on here appear to be under the misapprehension that the UK is a world power with superb military and world class economy. To quote Peter Hitchens who recently said on TheTimes Radio show: "outside the south east the UK is a third world country with sleet". 😆

They do.

Completely delusional like the politicians.

We are a joke.

How people don't realise this is beyond me.

This is not 1940.

The arrogance and ignorance is astounding.

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, petetong said:

Probably more 3rd world (horrible label) areas in the SE than outside. P Hitchens esq obvious wind up merchant who knows f. all.

HOLA4419
6 minutes ago, Nick Cash said:

Probably more 3rd world (horrible label) areas in the SE than outside. P Hitchens esq obvious wind up merchant who knows f. all.

His main point was they've hollowed out heavy industry in the 70/80's, supposedly replaced with a service sector much of which has been outsourced etc, so what's left ? He has a point in that regard.  

HOLA4420
15 minutes ago, petetong said:

His main point was they've hollowed out heavy industry in the 70/80's, supposedly replaced with a service sector much of which has been outsourced etc, so what's left ? He has a point in that regard.  

He’s a wind up merchant. He can fool some of the people some of the time.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
1 minute ago, Lagarde's Drift said:

LMAO just ignore people who are ASCs, a superb term I came across in the media chats coming from a Tory MP describing another group of Tory MPs.

Well that's not very inclusive of you 🤣