House Price Crash Forum

Dublin riots

NoHPCinTheUK

HOLA441
15 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

As there is an ongoing police investigation they cannot release all details but the void gets filled with the dim Twitter / online hate brigade.

Then how can you state

54 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

Now some facts

You don't have the facts. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
9 minutes ago, Insane said:

Then how can you state

You don't have the facts. 

We have an 'ongoing police investigation' but the man was detained at the scene, observed by multiple people committing the crime and arrested on the spot. A pretty much open and shut case one might suggest!

The RTE homepage of course just about sums up the problem - property being damaged is far more of a concern than primary school kids beings being stabbed (what should be the real story gets buried)! A five year old girl is critical in hospital but its far more of a concern that some rather expensive Dublin real estate has been damaged!

So the politicians can blame someone else - instead of taking responsibility for the problems and society they have created by their policies!

https://www.rte.ie/

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA443
Just now, MARTINX9 said:

The RTE homepage of course just about sums up the problem - property being damaged is far more of a concern than primary school kids beings being stabbed (what should be the real story gets buried)!

I hope the police got the persons pronouns right or it will be 20 years in prison for them.

HOLA444
1 minute ago, MARTINX9 said:

Mental health issues - please spare us that excuse again.

The Irish republic was a very safe place with very little crime for the most part until recently - and plenty of Irish people had mental health issues. 

Oh piss off

There are genuine people with conditions that untreated lead to violence so shove your 'oh please' up your backside - the police regularly deal with people with genuine MH issues who turn violent as not receiving treatment / care.

The Irish Republic was a safe place until recently, how good are your rose tinted specs and define recently or is that a convenient thing for you to choose.

Are we skipping the bombings by loyalists and drug gang murders ( Veronica Guerin murder) and violence of the 2000s and trying to claim it only happened when foreigners arrived?

Do me a favour you are so transparent - tell me howthere were no incidents caused by mental health by Irish people again so we can laugh at your made up facts again

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
1 minute ago, Staffsknot said:

Oh piss off

There are genuine people with conditions that untreated lead to violence so shove your 'oh please' up your backside - the police regularly deal with people with genuine MH issues who turn violent as not receiving treatment / care.

The Irish Republic was a safe place until recently, how good are your rose tinted specs and define recently or is that a convenient thing for you to choose.

Are we skipping the bombings by loyalists and drug gang murders ( Veronica Guerin murder) and violence of the 2000s and trying to claim it only happened when foreigners arrived?

Do me a favour you are so transparent - tell me howthere were no incidents caused by mental health by Irish people again so we can laugh at your made up facts again

Outside north Dublin - which has always been a bit rough even though the city centre never was - yes the Republic had very very limited crime. Small town/rural Ireland was extremely safe. And the terrorist attacks in the 70s and 80s happened almost exclusively in Northern Ireland/the UK.

Yes - I do get a little irritated when mental health is immediately used as a likely excuse for people who try to murder five year old kids. Maybe the guy was just an evil POS!

HOLA448

Not "The Far Right" causing problems again 😱

HOLA449
HOLA4410
12 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

Outside north Dublin - which has always been a bit rough even though the city centre never was - yes the Republic had very very limited crime. Small town/rural Ireland was extremely safe. And the terrorist attacks in the 70s and 80s happened almost exclusively in Northern Ireland/the UK.

Yes - I do get a little irritated when mental health is immediately used as a likely excuse for people who try to murder five year old kids. Maybe the guy was just an evil POS!

I didn't use it as an excuse evidently that's some serous strawman building you've got going on there.

I said the only way he wouldn't do more time than a rioter was due to some underlying mental health issue where his sentence would be about his treatment and danger

Again invented stuff there Martin

Alsoyou conveniently forget the loyalists bombedDublin and killed 33 people and paramilitary gangs abducted and killed people.

Rural Ireland was subject to rural crimes that don't make the headlines and who could forget the halcyon days of alcohol fuelled domestic abuse that people campaigned about in the 80s and 90s and the things Sinead O'Connor was campaigning about.

Again rose tinted specs of the highest order

HOLA4411
36 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

Much like the Dublin rioters some people have come in to coopt the attack on the school to have their rant about foreigners

If you have an essentially open door immigration policy and allow lots of undocumented men in - often from countries/cultures which are very misogynistic and homophobic - without being able to check who they are, what they believe or if they have a criminal record you increase the risk of serious crimes happening. This is in effect what Ireland has and arguably we do too.

If the legal system allows a murderer or rapist out and they commit more murders or rapes its a legitimate question to ask how that was allowed to happen - and query the judicial or parole system. Similarly if someone commits serious crimes and should arguably not have been let into the country in the first place then its equally legitimate to question government vetting policies when it comes to new arrivals to the country.

We do want to import people who add value and are net contributors financially - whose past/skills etc we can check/validate. If you can't and don't then you are of course putting your own people at risk.

Because you actually have to be at the location of a crime - to commit it!!

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
19 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

Its a call for a sense of proportion thats all.

And of course it would be nice not to see the gaslighting either.

I have just listened to a piece on this on the UK radio hourly news - the story is all about how buses and trams got damaged/set alight and the Irish Taoiseach is outraged about that and ooh the 'far right'. And then the minor tagline at the end is that this happened following 'a stabbing outside a school'. It didn't of course mention three little kids were stabbed - including a five year old girl in critical condition - you heard that and you could just have thought it was two adult men involved in a brawl. Whoever did it - surely the stabbing of very young kids is a bigger news story than damage to some buses/expensive Dublin real estate.

The media and Irish leaders seem very concerned about those trams and buses being damaged - but the multiple stabbing of little kids is just an afterthought. Leo can then - as usual - deflect responsibility and not take accountability.

I certainly don't excuse the riots - but perhaps in a world where the media focuses on what is important would be nice. Damaged little girls would in the past have been seen more important than damaged buses and trams. You can always buy a new bus!

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Staffsknot said:

Ah the mask slips once more

No it is not a mask slipping the poster is pointing out exactly where we are now. Where some very serious crime goes unchecked while people pander around and try criminalising the use of unoffensive words, phrases and free speech.  

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
38 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

And of course it would be nice not to see the gaslighting either.

We saw it earlier in this exact thread. An immigrant stabbed some children, but wait, another immigrant tried to stop him, so the score is back to deuce and I guess because of that, we need to keep the borders open for all. Just as long as the number of good people are equal to or outnumber the bad, keep those borders open.

Just like the filthy Graun happily reported that the number of white men in grooming gangs were more than non-white (but not actually stating the proportion, that could have been 51/49). They do mention a 'possible over-representation' of ethnic minorities, but then they mention 'far right' twice before that because of course they would.

Edited by Huggy

HOLA4417
2 hours ago, debtlessmanc said:

The isnt about whether the migrant hordes are running amok, it is about what you might describe as a far right reaction yes

doesnt change the fact that western govts are scared to death of this kind of stuff

threatening them with 12 years in prison now, thats more than the guy who stabbed the kids will get i suspect

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/nov/24/dublin-rioters-could-face-jail-helen-mcentee-justice-minister-says

I don't think the rioters will get that either.

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, MARTINX9 said:

If you have an essentially open door immigration policy and allow lots of undocumented men in - often from countries/cultures which are very misogynistic and homophobic - without being able to check who they are, what they believe or if they have a criminal record you increase the risk of serious crimes happening. This is in effect what Ireland has and arguably we do too.

If the legal system allows a murderer or rapist out and they commit more murders or rapes its a legitimate question to ask how that was allowed to happen - and query the judicial or parole system. Similarly if someone commits serious crimes and should arguably not have been let into the country in the first place then its equally legitimate to question government vetting policies when it comes to new arrivals to the country.

We do want to import people who add value and are net contributors financially - whose past/skills etc we can check/validate. If you can't and don't then you are of course putting your own people at risk.

Sounds reasonable probably why people will get upset by it as they don't want any immigration control.

HOLA4419
1 hour ago, MARTINX9 said:

This is where the left deliberately conflates the issue.

Relaxed immigration shouldn't conflate with allowing in anyone capable of jumping on a boat or train and blagging their way in. 

I've said since Blair took the reigns that the wests policy means we tend to get swathes of the worlds dross who have nothing left to lose back home and gamble a new future in a new western country leaving their known baggage at home, like a criminal record. 

This is where you should prioritise legal immigration, i.e. someone who can bring something worth a damn. I don't see whats so outrageous or far right holding such an opinion. The whole subjects been weaponised beyond belief leading to a situation whereby riots are starting to happen. 

My one and only visit to Dublin was three years ago, I'm in no hurry to go back. The place just looked grim with astounding levels of homelessness. Talking to an Irish girl who recently moved to London their immigration policy has meant the average rent has gone through the roof. 

You cannot run a nation state like what's happening in Ireland and expect no blowback and when it does blow up crank out some 'far right' fallacy argument.  

HOLA4420
2 hours ago, Roman Roady said:

Wow! This tread has really turned into a heavy weight slanging match.

Surely you must be able to find us some more overpriced - but reduced rubbish properties you wouldn't want to live in to comment on in your famous thread?!

I think I am done here - there is only so much gaslighting you can cope with from Staffsknot in any one afternoon.

Perhaps we should close the thread and send our best wishes to the 5 people (including 3 kids) who were stabbed yesterday and their families and hope they all making a full recovery and also to the gardai (and their families) who got injured doing their jobs (because their Commissioner as well as the worst Irish government since the state was founded including the utterly useless nepo baby Helen McEntee aren't).

And as talk tv news./Sky reminded us earlier - lets spare a thought for the burnt out trams and buses - because they apparently the real victims!

HOLA4421
2 hours ago, MARTINX9 said:

And this all relates to the stabbing of these schoolkids how - again you have leapt as ever from 1 individual action now toclaiming crime is on the rise in Ireland and linking it back to immigrants with bugger all proof.

Next you've coopted this to claim everything is the fault of Ireland's immigration policy ltting anyone in... the perpetrator is believed to have lived in Ireland 20 years and be a naturalised Irish citizen.

As for the radio segments I've heard 3 that the attack featured after the stories about Gaza ceasefire and no they were not tagged onto a story about rioting as you make out - all on 5 live while driing about today running errands.

If you don't want the Irish gov, police, etc... to comment on 400 strong mob torching buses and attacking police, given the same prats who did itare talking about more nights of violence then I suggest you are very very silly

HOLA4422
3 hours ago, debtlessmanc said:

Its a call for a sense of proportion thats all.

No it wasn't it was a dog whistle for the usual suspects, the kind of crap the Daily Mail would stick in a sh!tpiece then claim they didn't know what anyone was complaining about.

You knew exactly what you were doing and it wasn't any such thing as a call for proportionality.

HOLA4423
4 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

Surely you must be able to find us some more overpriced - but reduced rubbish properties you wouldn't want to live in to comment on in your famous thread?!

I think I am done here - there is only so much gaslighting you can cope with from Staffsknot in any one afternoon.

Perhaps we should close the thread and send our best wishes to the 5 people (including 3 kids) who were stabbed yesterday and their families and hope they all making a full recovery and also to the gardai (and their families) who got injured doing their jobs (because their Commissioner as well as the worst Irish government since the state was founded including the utterly useless nepo baby Helen McEntee aren't).

And as talk tv news./Sky reminded us earlier - lets spare a thought for the burnt out trams and buses - because they apparently the real victims!

You've been gaslighting this whole thread that you are doing anything but nicking thir suffering for your own purposes

HOLA4424
1 hour ago, Staffsknot said:

No it wasn't it was a dog whistle for the usual suspects, the kind of crap the Daily Mail would stick in a sh!tpiece then claim they didn't know what anyone was complaining about.

You knew exactly what you were doing and it wasn't any such thing as a call for proportionality.

You don’t do irony do you? People (eg Irish author Graham linehan) have had their careers and lives ruined for questioning certain trans claims. Far worse treatment than meted out to those who claim Hamas murdering kids at a pop festival is justified.

Edited by debtlessmanc

HOLA4425