House Price Crash Forum

UK net migration in 2022 revised upwards to 745,000- what's the effect on House Prices?

GenZ

HOLA441
10 hours ago, winkie said:

Look out in the mornings for lidl's £1.50 fruit and vegetable boxes......amazing what get in them, great value can make soup or stews, still fresh and good food not gone to waste.;)

https://www.less-waste.co.uk/lidl-bargain-veg-boxes/

impossible to get those. Its gone quickly, either the staff nab it or the early birds.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
9 hours ago, Trampa501 said:

Is that a regional thing? Still plenty of street traders and market stalls here in this part of London. Generally £1 for a tub of what you're buying, whether spuds, mushrooms or bananas. I do find they need to be used fairly quickly before they go off though.

What part of London, might make a trip in summer?

Nothing here in the Shires. Hardly any markets and if any pricier than supermarkets.

HOLA443
6 hours ago, burk said:

On a serious note; unlimited immigration into the UK is a punishment beating for Brexit, nothing more nothing less and will continue to negatively impact the housing mkt for years to come.

Why a punishment, those in power who issued  over 1million visas to live, stay, study and work here are the brixiteers, we got what we voted for, controlled immigration......;)

HOLA444
6 minutes ago, TheResponsibleHouseBuyer said:

impossible to get those. Its gone quickly, either the staff nab it or the early birds.

....... different managers, different areas, different shops, bit of a hit or miss......have a word with the manager next time there.;)

HOLA445
18 minutes ago, winkie said:

Why a punishment, those in power who issued  over 1million visas to live, stay, study and work here are the brixiteers, we got what we voted for, controlled immigration......;)

Nothing personal but I have a hard time with people telling me this current shower are brexiteers / right wing. Post brexit we wasted three years whilst all parties tried to figure out how to close it down. 

You saw explicitly then the disconnect between parliamentary democracy and direct democracy, given over two thirds of sitting MP's are pro EU.

The majority of the front bench are Tony Blair obsessives, technocratic liberals in conservative skin suits if you will.

They are owned and do as they're told, just like Labour will prove to be.

Put simply if a govt can essentially institute marshall law during lockdown then logic dictates a simple closing of a border should be child's play and it is.

Yet apparently for reasons best known to them it's all but impossible. The truth is there's no political will to close the border.

Imo the immigration issue is a catch 22;

"If we don't allow unlimited migration who's gonna staff the NHS, drive the trucks, pick the fruit and build the houses?"

All the while overlooking:

Why the NHS is at breaking point.

Why we need ever more economic activity to support an exploding populus.

Why more food needs growing and

Why more houses need building................

#peterhitchinswasright

HOLA446
19 minutes ago, burk said:

Nothing personal but I have a hard time with people telling me this current shower are brexiteers / right wing. Post brexit we wasted three years whilst all parties tried to figure out how to close it down. 

You saw explicitly then the disconnect between parliamentary democracy and direct democracy, given over two thirds of sitting MP's are pro EU.

The majority of the front bench are Tony Blair obsessives, technocratic liberals in conservative skin suits if you will.

They are owned and do as they're told, just like Labour will prove to be.

Put simply if a govt can essentially institute marshall law during lockdown then logic dictates a simple closing of a border should be child's play and it is.

Yet apparently for reasons best known to them it's all but impossible. The truth is there's no political will to close the border.

Imo the immigration issue is a catch 22;

"If we don't allow unlimited migration who's gonna staff the NHS, drive the trucks, pick the fruit and build the houses?"

All the while overlooking:

Why the NHS is at breaking point.

Why we need ever more economic activity to support an exploding populus.

Why more food needs growing and

Why more houses need building................

#peterhitchinswasright

So what would be your ideal ideology?.......to be solely independent of others, that will mean those in power 80 seat majority you might or might not agree with will have a 100% say take control over us until we decide to change things or they allow us to change things..... the country is made up of people with all different views not one, so proportional representation might give us leaders that more match the citizens ideals.......therefore can't always please all people always, many have been  disappointed......there is no perfect situation..... we need to have good relationships with other lands, particularly our nearest neighbours, we need them as much as they need us......work with them, understand, not divide and separate, then no one benefits.;)

HOLA447
15 hours ago, winkie said:

So what would be your ideal ideology?.......to be solely independent of others, that will mean those in power 80 seat majority you might or might not agree with will have a 100% say take control over us until we decide to change things or they allow us to change things..... the country is made up of people with all different views not one, so proportional representation might give us leaders that more match the citizens ideals.......therefore can't always please all people always, many have been  disappointed......there is no perfect situation..... we need to have good relationships with other lands, particularly our nearest neighbours, we need them as much as they need us......work with them, understand, not divide and separate, then no one benefits.;)

For a country / ideology / empire to last/work its leaders should be ethnically homogeneous to the majority population. Reinforcing culture and customs is vital to a country's longevity, identity hence the mess we're now in.

It's never sat well with me seeing who we have currently running the country and the regions as their loyalties are to their motherlands not ours. Again see the two-tier policing we're now witnessing during the recent protests around remembrance day.

Sure we need good relationships with our neighbours but we don't need submerging by them on the Altar of political correctness or some imagined slight from an over amplified minority.

And from my own experiences of emigration to Canada and Australia where I was required in both cases to have a job to go to a signed undertaking that I wouldn't be claiming any form of benefit and in the case of Canada bring six figures with me and speak French. 

I find it impossible to feel empathy towards the detritus that's being imported into this country that not only is a net drain on us (housing & benefits) but serves to harm us along the way not only culturally, politically but in the case of Dublin literally.

An 'isolated' incident that many unlimited immigration apologists, (some on this forum)would have you believe that somehow happen on a worryingly frequent basis. 

There is no solution to this other than an immediate cessation of all immigration for a generation and the deportation of the many hundreds of thousands that reside here, the product of a captured civil service, bent solicitors and an apathetic (bought) govt.

But that will never happen.................

PR may help get political voices heard other than the two party irrelevance that masquerades as democracy but I can't see that happening as why would the two main parties wish to relinquish the reins of power?

#blackpilled

HOLA448
On 27/11/2023 at 23:22, Insane said:

The subsidy has nothing to do with Brexit.

Really? 

Was the £750m bribe given to Tata to proceed a planned UK battery plant, after they said they were going to build it in Spain instead because of Brexit, also nothing to do with Brexit.

Brexit has happened we are our own entity now, why do you keep going back and comparing to us still in the EU? I did not say it was evidence of anything other than the fact large corporations still want to invest in the UK, which is the opposite of your constant crying that we have lost investment due to Brexit. 

But they don't as Mark Carney and the  BoE Goveror and Deputy Governor explalned in the clips you didn't bother to watch. 

More than you. 

You continually post factually incorrect nonsense and even when given links to the facts appear incapable of educating yourself. Like several other posters, I have come to the conclusion that you are too thick to bother with anymore.  

HOLA449
7 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

You continually post factually incorrect nonsense and even when given links to the facts appear incapable of educating yourself. Like several other posters, I have come to the conclusion that you are too thick to bother with anymore.  

But I reel you in like a fisherman catching a sprat. 

Me too thick and you cannot be bothered any more, you cannot help yourself but keep coming back. As I said on another thread just now you are like a dig with a bone. 

HOLA4410
On 11/27/2023 at 3:23 PM, winkie said:

Not everyone buys everything at a supermarket especially in London.......many other places, markets, independent continental/asian stores often better and of better value, so how anyone can estimate population numbers from supermarkets is nonsense......how about active NI numbers.....plus a few more?;)

If you think it's nonsense, do explain why supermarkets would be unable to get an accurate estimate from a statistical perspective only. I assume you've read several books on estimating population numbers to come out with such an authoritative statement, are a world leading expert on this topic, and have sold this theory onto supermarkets for billions of pounds.

Of course supermarkets, when investing billions of pounds in AI and data science, never thought about combining their data with other sources. They have no geniuses like you sitting around all day thinking about such things.

Since you're an expert in this field who's worked on this, I'm sure you're fully aware all the Telco's went at it about a decade ago to sell them their data and are about to explain in depth what the supermarkets actually do with their data to process it, and the extent to which they use it.  Looking forward to that.

Also do tell us how someone who came here illegally, has no bank account, or registered address, manages to go about getting an NI number. This discussion wouldn't be taking place if everyone in this Country has an NI number would it?

Edited by sta100

HOLA4411

Massive rise in homeless refugees

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/nov/29/homeless-refugees-glasgow-asylum-london-housing

totally predictable, the govt is rushing through leave to remain judgements and pushin them out hotels with no where to live

apparently they are all Going to glasgow

“Casey said there was increasing evidence that people who had been granted refugee status were coming to Glasgow to seek housing support from farther afield, including Liverpool, Manchester and Belfast. The Scottish Refugee Council confirmed it was seeing a similar rise.

“The Home Office does not understand that Scotland has much stronger housing rights, such as a statutory duty to accommodate single adult males, which may be attracting people from elsewhere in the UK”

HOLA4412

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/12/02/record-migration-fuelling-britain-rental-crisis-zoopla/

Record migration has pushed up rents across the UK and contributed to the affordability crisis in the sector, the boss of Zoopla has said.

Richard Donnell, executive director of Zoopla, said record net migration was compounding pressure on rents at a time when many landlords were leaving the sector.

It comes after figures published by the Office for National Statistics last week showed that net migration reached a record 745,000 in 2022. In the two years to June, nearly 1.3m people immigrated to the UK.

Mr Donnell said renting was the “first port of call” for those moving to the country, although some eventually buy their own home. He estimated that as many as nine in ten of people coming to the UK were “in the rental market initially.”

Office for Budget Responsibility economist David Miles backed up Mr Donnell’s suggestion that migration was playing a part in rapidly climbing rates.

He told the Telegraph: “It may be that recent high rates of increase in rents is linked to population increase and to fast growth in student numbers. It would be strange if that was not a factor.“  

HOLA4413

The Lies & Bulsh1t carry on

Cleverly refuses to guarantee migrants will be sent to Rwanda before next election

Speaking to broadcasters from Rwanda, the home secretary was asked if he is confident that migrants will be heading to Rwanda in the coming months.

James Cleverly said: "I can see no reason why that should not happen."

He went on to say the issues raised by the Supreme Court have been addressed.

He said Rwanda has "a very good track record of refugee management" and there is "a government that takes their duty to the humane and professional treatment of refugees incredibly seriously".

"So I cannot see any reason why there should be a further obstructions to doing what is the right thing to do, which is to support Rwanda as they deal with this international issue," he added.

Asked if he can guarantee migrants will arrive in Rwanda before the next general election, the home secretary replied: "The only thing I can guarantee is the effort that we put in."

He went on: "And I have guaranteed that we will address the issues that the Supreme Court has put forward. And we have. I have guaranteed that we will work collaboratively with the Rwandan government. And we have.

"I guarantee that we would put this relationship on a firm international footing. And we have.

"So as I say, I see no reasons why there should be any more impediments to doing the right thing to break the business model of these people smuggling gangs and for the humane and professional treatment of refugees that Rwanda is offering."

Challenged again on if the boats will be stopped by the next election, Mr Cleverly replied: "We intend to stop boats as quickly as possible. I'm not going to set a deadline. I want to do it straightaway as soon as possible."