House Price Crash Forum

Council buying for immigrants

MarkD

HOLA441
5 hours ago, FANG said:

And when do you think they intend to move out when they are paying nothing to live there. 

Wake up man.

Under the scheme they are allowed to work. 

They only have visas for a set time. 

Without that scheme and the money that comes with it that local council wouldn't have twelve new properties in its stock. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
5 hours ago, Mrs Doyle said:

I think homeless people should get priority over those that need an extra room. 

So then how do you fairly allocate 50 council houses to 100 homeless people/families? (those are arbitrary figures incidentally since there are more people wanting council houses than we have council houses available) Surely those that have waited the longest get allocated first!  

Also, I will point out that anyone can be homeless. Just stop paying private rent for a start!  Or those people sleeping on peoples sofas etc are not exactly living the high life.  

Plus, we’re not talking about people that need an extra room.  Where did you get that from?

Edited by bomberbrown

HOLA443
1 hour ago, Mrs Doyle said:

You'd know what they paid if you'd been arsed to read the article before spouting off. 

I don't know what other buyers paid for comparable housing on the estate.  Saying that they paid

South Kesteven District Council bought 12 of the houses for just over £1.8million, using joint funding from the Government's Local Authority Housing Fund and the Council's Housing Revenue Account budget.

The dozen homes are a mix of two and three-bedroom new-builds and two-bedroom bungalows which were already identified for social housing, according to the council. They are the first of 21 houses earmarked for the re-homing scheme. 

Is a bit meaningless as we don't know how many were two and how many three bedroom houses.

HOLA444
19 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

I don't know what other buyers paid for comparable housing on the estate.  Saying that they paid

Is a bit meaningless as we don't know how many were two and how many three bedroom houses.

You can work out the approximate price per house and you can compare that to the advertised price. 

It's quite a difference. 

HOLA445

So now the argument is;

Council clever buying for afgan refugee's as they get government funding for this and at some (as yet totally indefinable point) can allocate to someone else.

As apposed to why is central government funding this over housing families who have been on the list far longer.

Bizarre 

HOLA446
10 hours ago, coypondboy said:

Just think they will be able to buy them at a 70% discount using rtb and use the equity to start a buy to let empire as many immigrants have done especially in London with the help of the Bank of Dodgy Uncle committing mortgage fraud whilst they still living on benefits and working cash in hand in the black economy.  Dick Whittington was right the roads leading to London are paved with gold.

The hard working tax paying mainly white kids will continue to head to London from the shires to find a job and rent off these landlords.  The Jews were the first to start this in London as btl landlords in the 19th century as had easy access to funds as money lenders.

The Asian and Afro Caribbean got fed up paying them rent they copied them and now to do the same to the next generation of immigrants with bunkbeds (12 in a 2 bed flat) and sheds in gardens the most profitable.

mortgage fraud isn't easy to do, proof of income is required as well as bank statements on how the money was saved. You also lose benefits at over £16k in savings. Also the % is usually 20-40% not 70 lol.

HOLA447
49 minutes ago, captainb said:

So now the argument is;

Council clever buying for afgan refugee's as they get government funding for this and at some (as yet totally indefinable point) can allocate to someone else.

As apposed to why is central government funding this over housing families who have been on the list far longer.

Bizarre 

Central government has no choice but to fund as they agreed the safe legal route. 

You do know we operate on the international stage? 

HOLA448
32 minutes ago, no_dependent4663 said:

mortgage fraud isn't easy to do, proof of income is required as well as bank statements on how the money was saved. You also lose benefits at over £16k in savings. Also the % is usually 20-40% not 70 lol.

No, no, no, you don't understand. 

He watched a video on YouTube about it! 

HOLA449
HOLA4410
3 hours ago, no_dependent4663 said:

It was a lot easier before mortgages became regulated in the UK (2004), and still easier with Liar Loans (NINJA) up to the GR. Now what do you need - 6 months statements showing you've worked and saved like a good little consumer? Not impossible to fake if you have an 'uncle' who runs a 'business', who isn't afraid to break the law. 

12 hours ago, bomberbrown said:

They will only get max 70% discount after 20 years and even then that is capped at maximum of £115k. I know this as I’m currently sat in a £660k one bed flat with max RTB discount but I just can’t seem to manage to get the over half million £ together. My ‘plan’ is to house swap in the next few years, taking my RTB discount with me, away from London to a much cheaper place to RTB (in cash).  

But I take your sentiment.  

Good plan; you'll be somewhere less overcrowded and noisy, with a cheaper standard of living, and fewer people struggling on low incomes with a high CoL and who'd not think twice about stealing from you.

HOLA4411
9 hours ago, Mrs Doyle said:

You can work out the approximate price per house and you can compare that to the advertised price. 

It's quite a difference. 

You are assuming that they are all the same quality as the council is buying. but we don't know how many the council buying are 2 and how many 3 bedrooms.

And who cares what the advertised price is - what are people actually paying?

So my original post was valid

Edited by iamnumerate

HOLA4412

Daily Mail a day late but the houses look nice and maybe the govt can reintroduce the Help to Buy scheme but only for those not born in the UK and on benefits and give them a 100% interest free loan, oh forgot this is called housing benefit and doesn't have to be repaid unlike me with a mortgage if I did qualify would have to pay it back as a 2nd charge on my property.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12412393/Council-buys-homes-Afghan-Ukrainian-refugees-newbuild-estate.html

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
15 hours ago, Mrs Doyle said:

Central government has no choice but to fund as they agreed the safe legal route. 

You do know we operate on the international stage? 

Ah these are the safe and legal routes you want for everyone to stop the boats?

Will they all get a nice new house as "central government has no choice to"? Funded by those who can't afford it for their own familes. Can see that siting well long term. Seemingly the governments of Japan, Denmark etc have exercised a rational choice.

All utter madness but a useful distraction from the real issues. 

Edited by captainb

HOLA4415
1 hour ago, winkie said:

Close to a quarter of all international mortgages provided by Skipton Building Society are now held by Hong Kong residents. The lender deals with investors in over 100 different countries.

-----------------------------------------

I am just about to put  £85K into Skipton B S not sure now

HOLA4416
14 minutes ago, shlomo said:

Close to a quarter of all international mortgages provided by Skipton Building Society are now held by Hong Kong residents. The lender deals with investors in over 100 different countries.

At the moment they are buying around London, Milton Keynes and Hertfordshire and other places......not all new builds......so people moving here with money and those that have access to debt will be helping to keep house prices high? Will also require the better paid jobs to help pay for them.......not small boat people unless got the money......they might be the keeping landlords. ;)

HOLA4417
12 minutes ago, winkie said:

At the moment they are buying around London, Milton Keynes and Hertfordshire and other places......not all new builds......so people moving here with money and those that have access to debt will be helping to keep house prices high? Will also require the better paid jobs to help pay for them.......not small boat people unless got the money......they might be the keeping landlords. ;)

They don’t have pensions they have to save and invest 

HOLA4418
15 minutes ago, shlomo said:

They don’t have pensions they have to save and invest 

How do you know, our property is available to anyone from anywhere that can afford and would want to buy it.......yes, we should be building more social housing with lower rents, secure homes for low paid key workers and families......how can a state pension pay all the old age pensioners, sick and disabled rents.....many do not have any savings or property.;)

HOLA4419
45 minutes ago, winkie said:

That appears to be the case looking at the make up of the average traveller on the Euston line. A hell of a lot of Asian faces now. 

HOLA4420
On 16/08/2023 at 15:03, bomberbrown said:

And this is when the problem started!  (1970s) The fairest system was before that which was you waited in the queue for your bloody turn!

Can’t use that old system, how would they root out the British tax paying white heterosexuals in the list, can’t have any of them getting any help, they are there to pay, nothing else

HOLA4421
2 hours ago, shlomo said:

Disgraceful for a building society to be doing this. 

HOLA4422
3 hours ago, winkie said:

And Birmingham. Friend of a friend is an estate agent and dealt with a lot of sales to HK residents. Most were cash though. Some were relocating themselves and not just as BTLs though.

HOLA4423
12 hours ago, Englaender said:

And Birmingham. Friend of a friend is an estate agent and dealt with a lot of sales to HK residents. Most were cash though. Some were relocating themselves and not just as BTLs though.

Quite a few are moving here to eventually stay they will require homes......they might consider also if can afford it to purchase property to generate an income.;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-55357495

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-65669832

Edited by winkie