House Price Crash Forum

Council buying for immigrants

MarkD

HOLA441
52 minutes ago, FANG said:

I wonder if any of these properties will now start to miraculously spontaneously combust.

Would be really silly as it's only a temporary situation under that scheme. 

Once they move out local people will get to benefit from the properties. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
2 hours ago, MattW said:

I wish the council would have bought me and my lower wage peers houses to live in. At lease we're contributing taxes.

WTAF?

If you read the article it has been bought for local people. 

They've cleverly used central government funding for the Afghan and Ukrainian schemes to find the purchase. 

HOLA443
HOLA444
42 minutes ago, Insane said:

The same people who determine what a higher need is. Quite simple , that does not mean it is right and fair does it. 

Anyway back to the first post I posted on this Thread as your such an expert in this field can you confirm that the Brits on housing lists have all been housed? 

You ready don't get it, do you? 

The local council used central government money paid to them to house Afghans and Ukrainians to help purchase these properties. 

This was a clever move because when the scheme cones to an end (it's a completely separate scheme to local authority housing lists) they can use the houses to house local people on the list. 

To sum up:

If they didn't house these specific refugees then they wouldn't have been able to purchase the properties and local people wouldn't have these new properties to later move in to. 

HOLA445
11 minutes ago, Mrs Doyle said:

They've cleverly used central government funding for the Afghan and Ukrainian schemes to find the purchase. 

These is only one type of funding the British Tax Payer.  You don't think those in Government dip into their own pockets to fund anything do you? 

HOLA446
14 minutes ago, Mrs Doyle said:

If you read the article it has been bought for local people. 

And when do you think they intend to move out when they are paying nothing to live there. 

Wake up man.

HOLA447
3 minutes ago, Mrs Doyle said:

This was a clever move because when the scheme cones to an end (it's a completely separate scheme to local authority housing lists) they can use the houses to house local people on the list. 

When is the scheme coming to an end?

What will happen to those getting these houses now?

Will they go back to their country of origin?

Buy somewhere with their own money? 

Move to a hedge by the side of the road? 

Be given another new property? 

Stay there for ever? 

6 minutes ago, Mrs Doyle said:

If they didn't house these specific refugees then they wouldn't have been able to purchase the properties and local people wouldn't have these new properties to later move in to. 

If a big IF these people move out the properties won't be new anymore. The government see the boat crisis carrying on for another 5 years at least, don't know where they get this time frame from, so there will be plenty more people to take their place. 

HOLA448
51 minutes ago, Insane said:

The same people who determine what a higher need is. Quite simple , that does not mean it is right and fair does it. 

Anyway back to the first post I posted on this Thread as your such an expert in this field can you confirm that the Brits on housing lists have all been housed? 

You clearly have no knowledge how standard government housing assessments work.

You also clearly don't realise this central government scheme is separate from local housing lists and assessments. 

The government paid the local council money to provide housing. 

The local council used that money to help buy the houses for temporary accommodation. 

When the temporary accommodation is finished local people will be housed there. 

If the local council hadn't housed these people they wouldn't have got the money to enable the purchase of the new houses that local people will end up in. 

use some logical thinking bruv. 

HOLA449
1 minute ago, Mrs Doyle said:

You clearly have no knowledge how standard government housing assessments work.

You also clearly don't realise this central government scheme is separate from local housing lists and assessments. 

The government paid the local council money to provide housing. 

The local council used that money to help buy the houses for temporary accommodation. 

When the temporary accommodation is finished local people will be housed there. 

If the local council hadn't housed these people they wouldn't have got the money to enable the purchase of the new houses that local people will end up in. 

use some logical thinking bruv. 

Scroll back up you have been asked on a number of occasions when is the scheme ending and where will these people moving into these houses now go to? 

HOLA4410
Just now, Insane said:

When is the scheme coming to an end?

What will happen to those getting these houses now?

Will they go back to their country of origin?

Buy somewhere with their own money? 

Move to a hedge by the side of the road? 

Be given another new property? 

Stay there for ever? 

If a big IF these people move out the properties won't be new anymore. The government see the boat crisis carrying on for another 5 years at least, don't know where they get this time frame from, so there will be plenty more people to take their place. 

IT HAS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH BOAT PEOPLE! 

THESE ARE PEOPLE THAT HAVE COME THROUGH A GOVERNMENT PROVIDED LEGAL SCHEME. 

IT IS A TOTALLY SEPARATE SCHEME AND PERSON SPECIFIC. 

PEOPLE HAVE APPLIED TO BE ON THE SCHEME BEFORE THEY CAME HERE.

THEY HAVE BEEN LEGALLY PROCESSED PRIOR TO ENTRY. 

Educate yourself mucka, everything you ask about is out there and easy to answer. 

Give up random YouTube videos and look up some actual facts. 

HOLA4411
3 minutes ago, Insane said:

Scroll back up you have been asked on a number of occasions when is the scheme ending and where will these people moving into these houses now go to? 

Are you telling me you keep commenting on a subject you've done no research on and know nothing about? 

Educate yourself then comment. 

Standard. 

HOLA4412
16 minutes ago, Mrs Doyle said:

IT HAS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH BOAT PEOPLE! 

How do you know that? Quite often when people are on the TV commenting about the Boat people they mention those coming from Afghanistan (and say we must help them) the title of this also states Afghan people.

18 minutes ago, Mrs Doyle said:

THESE ARE PEOPLE THAT HAVE COME THROUGH A GOVERNMENT PROVIDED LEGAL SCHEME. 

IT IS A TOTALLY SEPARATE SCHEME AND PERSON SPECIFIC. 

PEOPLE HAVE APPLIED TO BE ON THE SCHEME BEFORE THEY CAME HERE.

THEY HAVE BEEN LEGALLY PROCESSED PRIOR TO ENTRY. 

You have been a major player in  organising this I take it? 

Educate yourself mucka, everything you ask about is out there and easy to answer. 

I and many others on here asked you a simple question over the last few days yet you were unable to answer. So I think it best I

Don't

19 minutes ago, Mrs Doyle said:

Give up random YouTube videos

HOLA4413

Are you telling me you keep commenting on a subject you've done no research on and know nothing about? 

How can I or anyone else research something that has not happened yet? 

You keep stating that these people being put up in houses many Tax Paying Brits could never afford are going to only be living there a short while. So the natural next step is to ask you when will they be vacating these properties (you being the self proclaimed expert on the situation) yet you fail to answer. 

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
36 minutes ago, Insane said:

How do you know that? Quite often when people are on the TV commenting about the Boat people they mention those coming from Afghanistan (and say we must help them) the title of this also states Afghan people.

You have been a major player in  organising this I take it? 

I and many others on here asked you a simple question over the last few days yet you were unable to answer. So I think it best I

Don't

THE ARTICLE GIVES YOU ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT THESE ARE NOT FOR BOAT PEOPLE. 

For one, they reference them as being legal when the DM and government refer to boat people as illegal. 

I am sorry that you are struggling with this but not surprised.

This is really simple stuff. 

Edited by Mrs Doyle

HOLA4416
32 minutes ago, Insane said:

How can I or anyone else research something that has not happened yet? 

You keep stating that these people being put up in houses many Tax Paying Brits could never afford are going to only be living there a short while. So the natural next step is to ask you when will they be vacating these properties (you being the self proclaimed expert on the situation) yet you fail to answer. 

Research housing assessments. 

Research the specific central government schemes for Afghans and Ukrainians. 

Research how central government fund local authorities under these schemes. 

Just f*****g research! 

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, Mrs Doyle said:

I think homeless people should get priority over those that need an extra room. 

The removal of a queue and basing upon need led to some people making very unwise decisions to make them need the housing. Like getting preggers at 16 ect. It should go back to how it was and expect people to take responsibility.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
3 hours ago, Pebbles said:

The removal of a queue and basing upon need led to some people making very unwise decisions to make them need the housing. Like getting preggers at 16 ect. It should go back to how it was and expect people to take responsibility.

You think people with health issues or a disability should take responsibility? 

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
27 minutes ago, Rolypoly said:

If you believe they won’t be granted permanent residency or that the council will be kicking them out in “Three to Five” years then I need to talk to you about a horse tipping service I’m launching.

I've often found some of the angriest people on the internet are those that understand the least how things work. 

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
7 hours ago, iamnumerate said:

Hopefully the council got a discount because they were buying in bulk.

However I doubt that they even tried and possbily paid more than some other buyers.

You'd know what they paid if you'd been arsed to read the article before spouting off.