House Price Crash Forum

Seaside homes are dropping in price as picturesque beaches become havens for nudists

HOLA441

Property prices in some Scottish coastal towns are falling because of nudists 

Property prices in some of the country’s most picturesque coastal towns are falling due to their beaches being havens for nudists. Research commissioned by estate and lettings agent Barrows and Forrester found houses near nudist beaches cost less than others in the wider area, with Fife being a stark example.

Lower Largo, a pretty fishing village in Fife, is best known for its stunning beach and for being the birthplace of 17th century sailor Alexander Selkirk, who inspired Daniel Defoe’s novel Robinson Crusoe.

James Forrester, managing director of Barrows and Forrester, said: ‘If you go down to the beach today, you’re in for a big surprise, because house prices could well be much cheaper than you expect – but only if there is a nudist colony nearby. The beach at Lower Largo is also a hotspot for naturists, with statistics showing houses there cost 36 per cent less than properties in the surrounding area.

Daily Mail

HOLA442
HOLA443
4 minutes ago, rollover said:

Property prices in some of the country’s most picturesque coastal towns are falling due to their beaches being havens for nudists. Research commissioned by estate and lettings agent Barrows and Forrester found houses near nudist beaches cost less than others in the wider area, with Fife being a stark example.

Lower Largo, a pretty fishing village in Fife, is best known for its stunning beach and for being the birthplace of 17th century sailor Alexander Selkirk, who inspired Daniel Defoe’s novel Robinson Crusoe.

James Forrester, managing director of Barrows and Forrester, said: ‘If you go down to the beach today, you’re in for a big surprise, because house prices could well be much cheaper than you expect – but only if there is a nudist colony nearby. The beach at Lower Largo is also a hotspot for naturists, with statistics showing houses there cost 36 per cent less than properties in the surrounding area.

Daily Mail

In my yoof I was curious and went to a few naturist beaches and came to the conclusion that some people should keep their clothes on, the sights were enough to turn you off the human race 

HOLA444
HOLA445
1 hour ago, rollover said:

Daily Mail

This has to be the most laughable EA excuse for falling prices I've ever seen 🤣.

HOLA446
1 hour ago, rollover said:

Very good! 🤣

HOLA447
HOLA448
10 minutes ago, Armus said:

Where are these beaches?  Asking for a friend.

If it was the attractive nudists I see on the Internet it would probably raise house prices but they never are attractive.

I bet the binocular and telescope market has soared in these areas 😁.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Lower Largo is nice, I used to live within walking distance of it. I never saw and nudity and never looked for any. Some surrounding areas like Elie and Earlsferry are expensive. The article is toilet paper and confuses post hoc correlation with causation. Or risk of alien invasion being related to consumption of paracetamol in Hull.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414