House Price Crash Forum

The Collapse of Russia. What happens next?

Flat Bear

HOLA441
1 minute ago, warpig said:

There was a high-ranking British military dude on TV a month ago, he said you can pretty much ignore EVERYTHING you read about the Russian/Ukrainian conflict in the press because it comes direct from the Ukranian school of propaganda and isn't being challenged by the media. I didn't need the confirmation, it's obvious...

The only people that think Russia is going to lose, are those that have bought and swallowed the relentless Ukranian-created propaganda in the western press.

Well if a "dude" said it then it must be true.  Back in the real world, invasions resisted by the local population don't work, Russia is fighting the entire Ukrainian population.  

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Just now, satsuma said:

Well if a "dude" said it then it must be true.  Back in the real world, invasions resisted by the local population don't work, Russia is fighting the entire Ukrainian population.  

No... Russia are fighting British, Canadian, US, Polish and god knows who else mercenaries... Ukrainian losses are 7 to 8 men for every Russian soldier killed. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid...

HOLA443
1 minute ago, warpig said:

No... Russia are fighting British, Canadian, US, Polish and god knows who else mercenaries... Ukrainian losses are 7 to 8 men for every Russian soldier killed. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid...

Pootin Patsy Propaganda for the feeble minded 

HOLA444
HOLA445
9 minutes ago, satsuma said:

You are funny, Russian missiles are missing their targets and the ones they have are running out.  Simple resolution is for Russia to go home.

How do you know this? If you read it in a UK news paper I would assume it might not be the case. What is a fact is Russia has  a large military industry - one of the reasons India is being careful about getting too involved in this conflict besides the oil they are receiving from Russia is a lot of their weapons are made in Russia. The fact that Russia can provides a lot of the hardware to one of the worlds largest armies suggest they have a lot of military manufacturing capacity. You add to this the fact their economy is on a war footing I would assume they are producing a lot of weapons. I would imagine that China would prefer for Russia to win the war in Ukraine so if it does get the the stage they are running out of arms I would assume China will probably start to manufacture weapons for Russia.

Personally I am neutral on this conflict and think the UK should stay out of it, but I do feel very sorry for the Ukrainian and Russian-Ukrainian people caught in this terrible conflict which probably did not need to happen.

HOLA446
12 minutes ago, ChrisSussex said:

How do you know this? If you read it in a UK news paper I would assume it might not be the case. What is a fact is Russia has  a large military industry - one of the reasons India is being careful about getting too involved in this conflict besides the oil they are receiving from Russia is a lot of their weapons are made in Russia. The fact that Russia can provides a lot of the hardware to one of the worlds largest armies suggest they have a lot of military manufacturing capacity. You add to this the fact their economy is on a war footing I would assume they are producing a lot of weapons. I would imagine that China would prefer for Russia to win the war in Ukraine so if it does get the the stage they are running out of arms I would assume China will probably start to manufacture weapons for Russia.

Personally I am neutral on this conflict and think the UK should stay out of it, but I do feel very sorry for the Ukrainian and Russian-Ukrainian people caught in this terrible conflict which probably did not need to happen.

That isn't neutral mate....

HOLA447
1 hour ago, shlomo said:

The US has the biggest military in the world and it’s use of force would be severely restricted if it signed up to the ICC, why spend trillions on weapons if you cannot use them or threaten to use them 

Absolutely. Unless the American govt is given a unilateral veto they will never join the ICC.

If you want to know how an American veto works in practice then look no further than the WTO. By blocking the appointment of new judges to the WTO's Appellate Body the WTO's dispute process has effectively been paralysed. All the better to rig up a market-defying cartel to control the supply and price of high-end semiconductor technologies ofc.

HOLA448
16 minutes ago, ChrisSussex said:

Well not much we can do for you so, you don't believe the UK press, best leave you to your tinfoil hat

image.png.23f259659a6639accbf7f08ea7d18642.png

HOLA449
7 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Absolutely. Unless the American govt is given a unilateral veto they will never join the ICC.

If you want to know how an American veto works in practice then look no further than the WTO. By blocking the appointment of new judges to the WTO's Appellate Body the WTO's dispute process has effectively been paralysed. All the better to rig up a market-defying cartel to control the supply and price of high-end semiconductor technologies ofc.

90% of the human rights abuses are done by the 5 permanent members of the security council, and they will not vote to try to stop this

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
26 minutes ago, ChrisSussex said:

What is a fact is Russia has  a large military industry - one of the reasons India is being careful about getting too involved in this conflict besides the oil they are receiving from Russia is a lot of their weapons are made in Russia.

Amusingly, a lot of their kit is reportedly maintained using spare parts looted and stolen off Russian jets/tanks etc, which means the Russians equipment doesn't work, which is one of the reasons why they're struggling so badly in Ukraine.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
20 minutes ago, msi said:

That isn't neutral mate....

I am neutral from the perspective of getting involved in a Military conflict that does not directly concern me. I personally do not think the people of this country owe Ukraine anything, if anything we owe Russia for being the decisive force behind the defeat of Germany in WW2. Infact I would say the UK government has a lot to answer for if the rumours about Johnson going to Ukraine to stop Zelensky trying to negotiate with Russia at the start of the conflict are true.

HOLA4414
19 minutes ago, ChrisSussex said:

I am neutral from the perspective of getting involved in a Military conflict that does not directly concern me. I personally do not think the people of this country owe Ukraine anything, if anything we owe Russia for being the decisive force behind the defeat of Germany in WW2. Infact I would say the UK government has a lot to answer for if the rumours about Johnson going to Ukraine to stop Zelensky trying to negotiate with Russia at the start of the conflict are true.

Thankfully, you're in a tiny minority, so what you think doesn't matter.

HOLA4415
28 minutes ago, Goat said:

Amusingly, a lot of their kit is reportedly maintained using spare parts looted and stolen off Russian jets/tanks etc, which means the Russians equipment doesn't work, which is one of the reasons why they're struggling so badly in Ukraine.

The main problem is anyone with any brains left Russia and what you have now is the remains, they are scrabbling around to cobble together working kit that is sixty years old.  A teenager with a NLAW can take out the best of their gear.  Probably a bunch of teenagers with some RPGs could do the same.  It's impossible to win against a mobilised population, especially when the alternative to resisting is a painful end for Ukranians caught by Russia.  

HOLA4416
9 minutes ago, satsuma said:

The main problem is anyone with any brains left Russia and what you have now is the remains, they are scrabbling around to cobble together working kit that is sixty years old.  A teenager with a NLAW can take out the best of their gear.  Probably a bunch of teenagers with some RPGs could do the same.  It's impossible to win against a mobilised population, especially when the alternative to resisting is a painful end for Ukranians caught by Russia.  

Autocratic regimes rely on the illusion they are all-powerful-all-knowing to break civilian will.  Every man, woman, and child will hold a grudge and not forget nor forgive.  Even if Russia wins, they will end up in an Israel/Palestine situation for decades, if not generations.

No one in Europe wants that game plan on their door step

HOLA4417
19 minutes ago, satsuma said:

I wouldn't say it's impossible, it's just far beyond the capability of the Russian forces.

HOLA4418
6 minutes ago, msi said:

Autocratic regimes rely on the illusion they are all-powerful-all-knowing to break civilian will.  Every man, woman, and child will hold a grudge and not forget nor forgive.  Even if Russia wins, they will end up in an Israel/Palestine situation for decades, if not generations.

No one in Europe wants that game plan on their door step

At the start of the illegal invasion I was expecting Russia to be bogged down under guerilla warfare, never expected Ukraine to be in a conventional war with proper lines.  I just cant now even contemplate the damage that would be done if somehow Russia wins and we have this on our doorstep with decades of misery.

HOLA4419

Wimbledon set to lift ban on Russian and Belarusian players

Wimbledon is reportedly set to welcome back Russian and Belarusian players in time for this year’s tennis competition.

The decision will mean that players such as Daniil Medvedev and Aryna Sabalenka will be welcomed back to the All England Club. But they must agree to new strict conditions that if not followed could see them kicked out of the tournament again.

Reports suggest that if any tennis competitor hailing from Russia or Belarus expresses any support towards Vladimir Putin and Russia’s war with Ukraine will be removed. The Daily Mail are reporting that they must also compete under a neutral banner or flag, as well as sign a Code of Conduct prior to Wimbledon tournaments.

londonworld

HOLA4420
1 minute ago, rollover said:

Wimbledon set to lift ban on Russian and Belarusian players

Wimbledon is reportedly set to welcome back Russian and Belarusian players in time for this year’s tennis competition.

The decision will mean that players such as Daniil Medvedev and Aryna Sabalenka will be welcomed back to the All England Club. But they must agree to new strict conditions that if not followed could see them kicked out of the tournament again.

Reports suggest that if any tennis competitor hailing from Russia or Belarus expresses any support towards Vladimir Putin and Russia’s war with Ukraine will be removed. The Daily Mail are reporting that they must also compete under a neutral banner or flag, as well as sign a Code of Conduct prior to Wimbledon tournaments.

londonworld

I think the ones that take the knee should be allowed back.  

HOLA4421
14 minutes ago, satsuma said:

At the start of the illegal invasion I was expecting Russia to be bogged down under guerilla warfare, never expected Ukraine to be in a conventional war with proper lines.  I just cant now even contemplate the damage that would be done if somehow Russia wins and we have this on our doorstep with decades of misery.

Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of high ranking folks had an Afghanistan style guerilla insurgency in mind to quietly weaken Russia for decades.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425