House Price Crash Forum

The payrise thread

msi

HOLA441
On 04/01/2024 at 21:51, PeanutButter said:

Saw a guy steal 3 retail boxes of easter chocolate (I know) from Sains today. Just walked out with them. 

Staff looked half asleep.

What are you expecting them to do?.....;)

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
13 minutes ago, Stewy said:

£183k to £201k soon apparently, due to performance.

How many weeks of your contract left?.......a mortgage debt or lifetime of rent is longer than most well paid people's salary, ask any politician......hope you chose the right firm to work for...past performance is no guarantee of future results, stay positive, it may never happen, whoops it has.;)

HOLA445
1 hour ago, msi said:

you dropped the decimal point ;)

Yes, sounds like it. Put's it to about the minimum wage when it goes up soon, apparently. 🙄

Currently, £10.42 x 37.5 x 47 weeks = £18,365 pa

New, £11.44 x 37.5 x 47 weeks = £20,163 pa

Rumbled!!! 😆

✔️✔️

Edited by Sackboii

HOLA446
2 hours ago, Sackboii said:

Yes, sounds like it. Put's it to about the minimum wage when it goes up soon, apparently. 🙄

Rumbled!!! 😆

✔️✔️

Great spot. I have long suspected he was on minimum wage by the amount of boasting he does about his implausible salary (after being made redundant), his huge savings and his cash house purchase, which obviously doesn't fit with his desperation for rate cuts and house price rises. He should have at least made up a believable story.

HOLA447
HOLA448
45 minutes ago, fellow said:

Great spot. I have long suspected he was on minimum wage by the amount of boasting he does about his implausible salary (after being made redundant), his huge savings and his cash house purchase, which obviously doesn't fit with his desperation for rate cuts and house price rises. He should have at least made up a believable story.

If Stewpot's wage is going to be 200k every year he would take home over over 125k after tax. With no mortgage to pay (apparently) he could save well over 75k a year depending his lifestyle. That would be about 3k per annum in interest in the bank so why is he crying out for rate cuts which states the obvious he's cheap fix is ending very soon.

You are right he's been rumbled 👎🤣🤣

HOLA449

We got 8% last year. No news on this year but I reckon it could be as low as 3% given where inflation allegedly now lies.

I think I could get an additional raise if I ask my manager nicely. I, along with just one or two other people do about 90% of the work. I’m tempted to job hunt though… I fancy a change of scenery.

HOLA4410
10 hours ago, Tony_Teacake said:

If Stewpot's wage is going to be 200k every year he would take home over over 125k after tax. With no mortgage to pay (apparently) he could save well over 75k a year depending his lifestyle. That would be about 3k per annum in interest in the bank so why is he crying out for rate cuts which states the obvious he's cheap fix is ending very soon.

You are right he's been rumbled 👎🤣🤣

Moderate rate cuts now (actually, December) would reduce the requirement for hefty slashing of them later.

Deflation is getting more and more baked-in by the BoE's inaction. 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
21 hours ago, Sackboii said:

Rumbled!!! 😆

✔️✔️

Nice! ;)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
On 26/02/2024 at 13:37, winkie said:

What are you expecting them to do?.....;)

Well it wouldn’t cost them anything to point & laugh at the lack of ambition of a thief living off rest of society. Chocolate bars.. LOL

Back in 2014 when I had to run a daily gauntlet of beggars near Reading station who got in the way of people actually doing something useful. One day I asked a drug addict where she was planning to go with the ‘bus fare’.  She became angry. Good, I was angry about being badgered by these shameless sad sacks who didn’t appear to have the least concern for anything other than their next fix.

I was minding my mind own business.  She was mooching.  And she was angry with me..🤔😳

HOLA4419
8 hours ago, Stewy said:

Consulting...primarily with CEOs and CFOs. 

It’s entirely reasonable to be remunerated generously where advice pertains to large financial gains or prevention or mitigation of large losses. 
Being paid a lot simply because you interact with highly remunerated or wealthy folk is baseless & moronic.

HOLA4420
5 minutes ago, hotblack42 said:

Well it wouldn’t cost them anything to point & laugh at the lack of ambition of a thief living off rest of society. Chocolate bars.. LOL

Back in 2014 when I had to run a daily gauntlet of beggars near Reading station who got in the way of people actually doing something useful. One day I asked a drug addict where she was planning to go with the ‘bus fare’.  She became angry. Good, I was angry about being badgered by these shameless sad sacks who didn’t appear to have the least concern for anything other than their next fix.

I was minding my mind own business.  She was mooching.  And she was angry with me..🤔😳

That reminds me of a fella begging cash off folk on my train 'for a hostel room and a shower for the night....'  When no one offered to help him he wailed 'look i'm really trying...why can't any of you believe me....'

I see no difference between him and those in Government wanting to tax folk even more then wailing 'but we are trying .....' ;)

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

FinServ Client announced 6.5% rise, performance related

Gov Client announced 7% rise across the board.

Looks like a 'new normal' is being baked in...