HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
46 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Who cares about house prices now, we are facing a collapse on immense proportions.

Honestly, I'm still not seeing it.

What EXACTLY do you see happening now and shortly?!

This fuel annoyance will be over by next week.  The wider supply issues won't be....but they will go away in the medium term.  COVID measures are fading away.  

What EXACTLY does a "collapse on immense proportions" actually mean?

HOLA449
5 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

Honestly, I'm still not seeing it.

What EXACTLY do you see happening now and shortly?!

This fuel annoyance will be over by next week.  The wider supply issues won't be....but they will go away in the medium term.  COVID measures are fading away.  

What EXACTLY does a "collapse on immense proportions" actually mean?

Yeh the fuel thing will be over within a week. I can't see an economic collapse. But we could see a period of weak performance due to the covid debts now needing to be paid

HOLA4410

To flip it around, what do *I* see happening:

- High inflation

- Higher taxes

- People generally being poorer

- Less choice in the shops

- A drift back towards things being done in the UK by UK workers

None of which are positive, but none of which are anything like what I term a "collapse".

I think that, for example, a year from now 28 September 2022 I will be able to go to the bank, walking along a street with law and order in operation, withdraw money, go into a supermarket (without a face mask) and buy plenty of food.  What do you see happening?

HOLA4411
Just now, scottbeard said:

- High inflation

- Higher taxes

None of which are positive, but none of which are anything like what I term a "collapse".

I think that, for example, a year from now 28 September 2022 I will be able to go to the bank, walking along a street with law and order in operation, withdraw money, go into a supermarket (without a face mask) and buy plenty of food.  What do you see happening?

Exactly what will happen

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I still expect house prices to rise for the next 6 months or so. And by about 10%. But after then the issues of inflation, rising IR, higher taxes, less spending (paying off covid debt) will start to kick in.

From then I would expect to see house prices decline, not crash. Not collapse. Just decline in real terms for a few years.

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Horseradish said:

So what do we have so far:

• Spiking energy prices
  • Spiking food costs
  • Assorted supply chain issues
  • Inflation
  • Labour shortages
  • End of furlough

What did I miss?

• Biggest monthly house price fall in history 
  • US bond yield rising, again, at last
  • Silly car prices
  • China

There are more I am sure.

HOLA4415
58 minutes ago, henry the king said:

I still expect house prices to rise for the next 6 months or so. And by about 10%. But after then the issues of inflation, rising IR, higher taxes, less spending (paying off covid debt) will start to kick in.

From then I would expect to see house prices decline, not crash. Not collapse. Just decline in real terms for a few years.

10% rise, yeah sure, there will be about 200 house sold in the country by that point.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
1 hour ago, scottbeard said:

- High inflation

- Higher taxes

Western sovereigns have bankrupted themselves trying to reanimate the corpse of Neoliberalism.

A runaway debt trap has been sprung by soaring energy prices.

A stagflationary collapse into a Second Great Depression is now the most likely outcome.

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, scottbeard said:

- High inflation

- Higher taxes

Banks and withdrawal of money......how long will we be doing that for?

Will the debt be repaid?

Will big business pay the higher wages?.......will more jobs be automated or offshored to cheaper economies?

Will other countries aspire to having an economy just like ours?

Will there be a brain drain?

Will the big corporations be calling all the shots.....will the government be working in their best interests or ours?;)

HOLA4419
2 minutes ago, winkie said:

Banks and withdrawal of money......how long will we be doing that for?

That was just my way to trying to say "there won't be a banking collapse"

As for your other questions....well why don't you answer them yourself?  I've stated my view of what will happen above.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
2 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

That was just my way to trying to say "there won't be a banking collapse"

As for your other questions....well why don't you answer them yourself?  I've stated my view of what will happen above.

I don't know the answer I can only guess what might happen.......the clues are there, some will be better protected than others.....not because they work harder, just they might have friends in higher places looking after their better interests......kick the bottom too hard and the whole pack of cards collapses.;)

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
52 minutes ago, henry the king said:

The market is still red hot.

This actually isn't true. Or, rather, it's not entirely true. Note from the recent Hometrack monthly report, there's a severe lack of supply on the market at the moment. This is probably as a result of the stamp duty holiday bringing sales forward. Things will normalise, but it's temporal.

https://www.hometrack.com/uk/insight/uk-house-price-index/august-2021-house-price-index/

HOLA4424
HOLA4425