House Price Crash Forum

Time to buy Purple Bricks shares?

HOLA441
12 hours ago, winkie said:

Can't see why anybody with a bit of planning and foresight could not sell their own home quite easily....nicely designed board, postcard in local newsagents, word of mouth here and there....not difficult surely.;)

I think TIME & EFFORT is what people what to pay away. Its the basis of the economy. Anyone can start a business with time and effort, but they can't be bothered so they are employees. Anyone can build a house with time and effort, but they can't be bothered to learn or manage the process so they buy an existing one. Having kids is the main aim of most people, they then use this as an excuse to say they have achieved everything they can with the time they have available. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
2 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

Whatever happens I recon the % commission model is dead long term, never really understood the logic of it - its the same amount of work (or lack of) to sell any house.

It's so the seller and EA have aligned incentives - they both want completion.

HOLA443
HOLA444
3 hours ago, katchytitle said:

I think TIME & EFFORT is what people what to pay away. Its the basis of the economy. Anyone can start a business with time and effort, but they can't be bothered so they are employees. Anyone can build a house with time and effort, but they can't be bothered to learn or manage the process so they buy an existing one. Having kids is the main aim of most people, they then use this as an excuse to say they have achieved everything they can with the time they have available. 

People generally are not lazy they just prefer to work to pay for others to do things for them.....great for the economy though.;)

HOLA445
HOLA446

Thanks all - some very good points I'd not considered although it's nice to have seen the bearishness balanced out a little towards the end of the thread :)

I'd not paid that much attention to their previous performance when I first posted, however have had a better look since and 500% growth at peak in six months suggests that, as has been pointed out potential future performance has already been priced in. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on their performance over the coming months though!

On 31/07/2017 at 2:20 PM, insertcoinstocontinue said:

I sold 20k worth in Jan at 1.4.... I'm no investor. What a tool

Likewise.. I bought gold a while ago when it was basically the most expensive it has been ever (nearly) - anticipating a slow-release Brexit meltdown. It didn't happen in the following months, although I'm confident it'll rise again when the sh*t really hits the fan (providing of course that it's standing as a hedge against economic uncertainty and decline hasn't been replaced by bitcoin).

I guess you must have made about 40% though, so it's not all bad..?

On 01/08/2017 at 10:55 AM, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Did the OP buy the share or was he just ramping them ?

Nope - I don't even have a share dealing account tbh.. was just putting it out there to see what the learned people of HPC thought.

24 minutes ago, insertcoinstocontinue said:

Down 11%. Hope you didn't buy

Thankfully not - I see they've taken a bit of a pasting recently.. I wonder what's changed? Perhaps prices overshot somewhat due to sentiment and are now correcting.

HOLA447
12 minutes ago, ftb_fml said:

Thanks all - some very good points I'd not considered although it's nice to have seen the bearishness balanced out a little towards the end of the thread :)

I'd not paid that much attention to their previous performance when I first posted, however have had a better look since and 500% growth at peak in six months suggests that, as has been pointed out potential future performance has already been priced in. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on their performance over the coming months though!

Likewise.. I bought gold a while ago when it was basically the most expensive it has been ever (nearly) - anticipating a slow-release Brexit meltdown. It didn't happen in the following months, although I'm confident it'll rise again when the sh*t really hits the fan (providing of course that it's standing as a hedge against economic uncertainty and decline hasn't been replaced by bitcoin).

Nope - I don't even have a share dealing account tbh.. was just putting it out there to see what the learned people of HPC thought.

Thankfully not - I see they've taken a bit of a pasting recently.. I wonder what's changed? Perhaps prices overshot somewhat due to sentiment and are now correcting.

The price is falling because of two reasons

1. They are being featured negatively I suppose in today's watchdog.

2. Couple of rating agencies downgraded the Outlook

HOLA448
29 minutes ago, ftb_fml said:

Somehow I still managed to sell at a loss :-(

HOLA449
HOLA4410
On 8/1/2017 at 8:55 AM, katchytitle said:

Anyone can build a house with time and effort, but they can't be bothered to learn or manage the process so they buy an existing one. 

will it be a auto levitation design ? as i am pretty sure they need land to build a house . which for the most part is rarer than rocking horse doo doo to plebs any way. 

HOLA4411
1 hour ago, insertcoinstocontinue said:

Down 11%. Hope you didn't buy

As I said...time to buy was 1 year ago...time to sell was 1 week ago.

With any investment, if you dont get in at the beginning, you dont make the big bucks...and quite possibly loose out big time.

PBs is great tho as it's showing high street agents their days are numbered, best thing that could happen to them is a massive house price correction so their feeds come down below PBs.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
30 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

50% market share if 0 house sales is not with buying into

I'm waiting my time to move short on RM,that's the mother load......................£3.5 bn business charging EA's £1000pcm when Tesco could do it for a tenner fi they could be @rsed.

RM has been a great trade from £2 back in 2009.Sadly,I thought it was a crock of doo doo all the way to £40+ ...

HOLA4420
5 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

I'm waiting my time to move short on RM,that's the mother load......................£3.5 bn business charging EA's £1000pcm when Tesco could do it for a tenner fi they could be @rsed.

RM has been a great trade from £2 back in 2009.Sadly,I thought it was a crock of doo doo all the way to £40+ ...

Yeah if you use their stock cal you can see if you bought £5k worth in 2009 it would now be £126k before dividends 

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
On 8/1/2017 at 10:48 AM, Kosmin said:

It's so the seller and EA have aligned incentives - they both want completion.

The interest of the EA is not aligned with the the interest of the vendor. Levitt pointed this out in "Freakonomics" after anaylsing data. The latter wants a high or highest price, the former just wants throughput.

HOLA4423
4 minutes ago, Millaise said:

The interest of the EA is not aligned with the the interest of the vendor. Levitt pointed this out in "Freakonomics" after anaylsing data. The latter wants a high or highest price, the former just wants throughput.

Neither has the buyer at heart so they need to start getting real and offering 60% below these insane asking prices

HOLA4424
HOLA4425