• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

The housing problem is easily resolved.

1) limit banks to lending 2.5x wages maximum.

2) flat tax on 2nd, 3rd, 4th... home ownership, say 5k per year, 10k over 1 million, so owning multiple properties is a cost not a benefit. This would be on top of existing taxes.. 

Once the borrowing is limited and owning multiple properties is unprofitable the market will stabilise to affordable levels.

High house prices are only good for banks and property investors, they are not good for the economy as they reduce people's ability to spend into the economy.. if your mortgage was only £300 you could pay more tax and boost the quality of hospitals, roads and schools. With high rent/mortgage repayments there is no money left for the government to increase taxes and raise standards of living..

its all run by s**t Stains, maybe it's time for pitch forks in the streets.. poor vs rich.. we outnumber them by 98% so they would struggle to win a fight.. 

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Western society is in decline and will collapse within a couple of decades, but it has nothing to do with house prices and economics and everything to do with demographics.

We continue to import people who haven't lost belief in their own culture as we have and so the future belongs to them. Think Mogadishu crossed with 80s Beirut and that's the future.

A country is a promise, not a guarantee. 

HOLA448
HOLA449
50 minutes ago, Futuroid said:

"Society is collapsing"

But not as fast the Labour vote! ;)

Which kind of supports the original statement that Society is collapsing. Why anyone, apart from the very wealthy, would vote Tory is beyond understanding.

HOLA4410
8 hours ago, macca13 said:

2) flat tax on 2nd, 3rd, 4th... home ownership, say 5k per year, 10k over 1 million, so owning multiple properties is a cost not a benefit. This would be on top of existing taxes.. 

Such a fantastic idea, they need to sever the link between ctax and services and make it a proper property tax. It's the services thing that enables them to give discounts and exemptions. They could still use the money to fund services, they don't need an overt payment for services, why couldn't they be funded just by a local tax?

I like your idea of a flat tax based on property value. We could also have 1xctax for the home you live in, 2x for a second home, 3x for a third home.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
40 minutes ago, dougless said:

Which kind of supports the original statement that Society is collapsing. Why anyone, apart from the very wealthy, would vote Tory is beyond understanding.

Why anyone would ever vote Labour after Rotherham is totally beyond me. Goes to show how many soulless golems there are around.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
9 hours ago, shindigger said:

Train has just entered far end of the tunnel.

Society certainly has a problem.

Too many people, too few resources.

Too many selfish power mad nutters in power unwilling to change the system.  They have guns and actual WMDs so nothing is likely to change.

This wont end well at some point in history.

My fear is that it is sooner than we all think

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4415
59 minutes ago, dougless said:

Dianne Abbott? Tim Farron? Or going back, Hazel Blears et al.

Sorry, give me the likes of Jacob Rees-Mogg any day. 

HOLA4416
2 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Society certainly has a problem.

Too many people, too few resources.

Common misdirection, in my opinion. There are enough resources on the planet for everyone, it is our systems of production and distribution that are flawed.

HOLA4417
4 minutes ago, CunningPlan said:

Dianne Abbott? Tim Farron? Or going back, Hazel Blears et al.

Sorry, give me the likes of Jacob Rees-Mogg any day. 

OK so we disagree politically completely but I still just love your old dog's face, am sure I get a goofy little smile on my face every time I scroll past it - look, look at that, look at his nose and his teeth, aaaaahhhhhhwwww.

HOLA4418
7 minutes ago, LC1 said:

Common misdirection, in my opinion. There are enough resources on the planet for everyone, it is our systems of production and distribution that are flawed.

And when the population doubles, then doubles again ?

I did say at some point in the future.

Could be 50 years, could be 500, but if mankind doesnt get it's finger out and manager society/populations for the good of the 99% then we have real problems coming.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
5 minutes ago, North London Rent Girl said:

OK so we disagree politically completely but I still just love your old dog's face, am sure I get a goofy little smile on my face every time I scroll past it - look, look at that, look at his nose and his teeth, aaaaahhhhhhwwww.

Nice of you to say so :-)

He was a great old boy.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
41 minutes ago, North London Rent Girl said:

Huh - so pick something terrible that happened, say it was the fault of a political party and decide that it is a reason never to vote for them again. Bit arbitrary.

Aye - nobody ever does that with the Tories....:lol:

HOLA4424
28 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

And when the population doubles, then doubles again ?

I did say at some point in the future.

Fair enough. I only meant to point out the disingenuous way (not you) that this is often used to explain away people's lack of access to the basic resources of life, when it's not really accurate (as yet).

HOLA4425