House Price Crash Forum

iPhone users find android users less sexually attractive

Si1

HOLA441
HOLA442

Mobile phones are the new "jewellery".

For iPhone read "14ct gold" and for Android, read "costume jewellery". If it's one of those posh Samsung ones, then "expensive and quite nice costume jewellery".

As was ever thus.

People are fickle.

None of these bloody things work properly.

"I lost my friends - I checked my phone" (Katy B, 5AM)

HOLA443

I was passing the local apple store the other day, and there was a little queue system outside the store with people waiting to be let in. Seems strange to me, I've not been in an apple store, but having to queue outside until some hipster comes and leads me into their special shop puts me off ever going in there.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

So, a bit like car brand snobbery then?.

To me, if you do update your phone every couple of years, your aren't showing financially stability, you are being a total idiot.

But then I look down on both iPhone and Android, I have a M$ phone. It only cost £100, and £7 for the tariff. I think people paying £40-£50 a month for iPhones are complete twats! And no, I'm not anti-Apple, one of my guilty pleasures is my iPad.

HOLA4411

Gad Saad wrote a pretty good book on this subject. There are tests where women were shown pics of the same bloke in a Ford Fiesta and a Jag (or some such) and guess what - they were rated more attractive in front of the Jag! This is why companies spend billions forming opinions in the minds of consumers.  

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=-7JGSpjgJ0wC&printsec=frontcover&dq=gad+saad&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjsw7e7-YzSAhUe0IMKHfbCDRMQ6AEIGjAA#v=onepage&q=gad saad&f=false

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

There is a real disadvantage to having an iPhone that doesn't get flagged enough; that it is a minority product so fixes come out slower. 

For example here's this for current problems with Pokemon Go repeatedly falling over (I was researching how to fix a problem with the programme for a friend; I dont play it myself).

iPhone users in the comments on several threads are also reporting the same game stability issues. But where Android is an open platform and thus offers some DIY solutions to these issues, the iPhone is a closed system with fewer available options. Pokémon Go players on iPhone who are having these issues might be stuck waiting for another update from Niantic to patch the problems.

HOLA4415
5 hours ago, Unbowed said:

So, a bit like car brand snobbery then?.

To me, if you do update your phone every couple of years, your aren't showing financially stability, you are being a total idiot.

But then I look down on both iPhone and Android, I have a M$ phone. It only cost £100, and £7 for the tariff. I think people paying £40-£50 a month for iPhones are complete twats! And no, I'm not anti-Apple, one of my guilty pleasures is my iPad.

I bought an old second hand I-phone4 - 6 months ago for 75 pounds must be years and years old? and still works perfectly fine.

Which says something about its quality that it still works.

I don't play games on my phone. 

HOLA4416

Backward compatibility doesn't feature in Apple's development and testing. When I installed iOS10, in addition to introducing a variety of amusing bugs like the search box in some apps vanishing, other apps just wouldn't open. Until I "updated" them too. Then it wouldn't connect to the PC. Until iTunes was "updated". And so on it goes.

It's like downloading a new version of Windows and coming to your PC one morning to find that you have to install the programs again to keep on using them.

But then I had a Windows phone recently and it had to go back for a refund because there's a bug in IMAP / SMTP which means you can't use the phone to send email on domains without their own secure certificate. Really quite incredible.

I think they're falling over each other in the rush to put out badly written and poorly tested "latest things".

But then my last try with Android was about three years ago and it was such a joke then that I can't believe it's anywhere near ready for market yet. Maybe it is but it had a very long way to go.

HOLA4417
2 hours ago, DTMark said:

Backward compatibility doesn't feature in Apple's development and testing. When I installed iOS10, in addition to introducing a variety of amusing bugs like the search box in some apps vanishing, other apps just wouldn't open. Until I "updated" them too. Then it wouldn't connect to the PC. Until iTunes was "updated". And so on it goes.

It's like downloading a new version of Windows and coming to your PC one morning to find that you have to install the programs again to keep on using them.

But then I had a Windows phone recently and it had to go back for a refund because there's a bug in IMAP / SMTP which means you can't use the phone to send email on domains without their own secure certificate. Really quite incredible.

I think they're falling over each other in the rush to put out badly written and poorly tested "latest things".

But then my last try with Android was about three years ago and it was such a joke then that I can't believe it's anywhere near ready for market yet. Maybe it is but it had a very long way to go.

I've had that email bug too. I wondered why one of my email accounts couldn't send emails. I receive them fine but can't send.

HOLA4418
2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

There is a real disadvantage to having an iPhone that doesn't get flagged enough; that it is a minority product so fixes come out slower. 

For example here's this for current problems with Pokemon Go repeatedly falling over (I was researching how to fix a problem with the programme for a friend; I dont play it myself).

I remember back in the day in my student digs me house mate bought an iMac, and I bought a PC. I could upgrade mine, he had to throw his away and buy a new one :P

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Do yourself a favour.

No matter what type of mobile phone you have - take it out of your pocket right now, and dance on the evil piece of shit until it is reduced to many hundreds of small pieces.

There - now doesn't that feel better....?

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

Do yourself a favour.

No matter what type of mobile phone you have - take it out of your pocket right now, and dance on the evil piece of shit until it is reduced to many hundreds of small pieces.

There - now doesn't that feel better....?

XYY

Video or it never happened to yours. 

HOLA4424
12 minutes ago, StainlessSteelCat said:

Video or it never happened to yours. 

It happened in 2006. 

A Motorola RAZR if I remember it correctly.

The broken pieces were flung into the river Wear - from the bottom-end of the Enterprise Park, just to the west of the Queen Alexandra bridge.

Sadly I did not video the occasion.

XYY

HOLA4425

Archived