House Price Crash Forum

Difficult People

JoeDavola

HOLA441
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I like a blend. Single malts are all very well in a train spotting way (taste the peat, taste the granite) but a decent blend is the best all round whisky.

To be honest,after a couple of generous glasses I could be drinking tea with a splash of rubbing alcohol.

I likesome mslts but uve never settled on ablend. Most taste whiskieish.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Tying in with the rest of the thread ...I think it's all about inability to reflect or self criticise.

Some people can't because they're afraid of not being perfect...or not being right (because wrong is "bad")...

It leads to people inflicting their low self esteem on everyone around them, while always exerting an air of being very self confident or sure of themselves.

Worst case they actively pull other people down to feel better about themselves.

P

Thanks you have just summed up two of my worst nightmare colleagues better than i ever could...

HOLA445

I like a blend. Single malts are all very well in a train spotting way (taste the peat, taste the granite) but a decent blend is the best all round whisky.

Lidl offer you the best of both worlds with their blended malt - Glen Orchy - for £13.29 a bottle.

It's all malt, just not a single one. The Jocks call this a vatted malt apparently.

I think it's excellent - but I'm an alchy who'll happily drink "High Commisioner" from Mr Patel's convenience store, so maybe you should seek out expert reviews before you try it.

https://whiskyrover.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/review-glen-orchy-5-year-old.html

XYY

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Yep, you don't need the lynched monkey, swinging in the background, to know it's in Hartlepool.

Normally the decomposing body of a stockton prozzy would give the gane away....

Cards on table i like harlepool. i also like redcar - south gare huts and the windymills in the sea are great.

im not keen on boro and stockton.

HOLA449

Im off to lidl. its a bit of a walk they build the local one way out.

i find the overanalysing of whisky a bit strange. i also never get the taste notes and stuff like that.

bit like wine. i can tell difference between 3£ bottle and 10£ bottle. fcked if i can tell difference between 19£ and 30£++

HOLA4410

Lidl offer you the best of both worlds with their blended malt - Glen Orchy - for £13.29 a bottle.

It's all malt, just not a single one. The Jocks call this a vatted malt apparently.

I think it's excellent - but I'm an alchy who'll happily drink "High Commisioner" from Mr Patel's convenience store, so maybe you should seek out expert reviews before you try it.

XYY

I get my dad this, he's the whisky drinker, and I have a small taster and I agree that it is a very nice whisky indeed.

I didn't know the vatted malt distinction.

HOLA4411

Yep, you don't need the lynched monkey, swinging in the background, to know it's in Hartlepool.

;)

Not quite SNACCY - I am from Hartlepool, but am currently living a few miles up the road near Peterlee. It's only fifteen minutes down the A19 should any French ships drift into the harbour and they need my services...!

Spyguy also mentioned my "weird" roller-ball mouse. My preference for these is due to being left -handed. Most mice are shaped for the right-handed majority, and certain types are particularly awkward for lefties to use. No such problems with the track-ball.

They can be a bit pricey compared to a standard mouse - think I paid 30 quid for mine - but I find them much better than a rodent..!

XYY

HOLA4412

;)

Not quite SNACCY - I am from Hartlepool, but am currently living a few miles up the road near Peterlee. It's only fifteen minutes down the A19 should any French ships drift into the harbour and they need my services...!

Spyguy also mentioned my "weird" roller-ball mouse. My preference for these is due to being left -handed. Most mice are shaped for the right-handed majority, and certain types are particularly awkward for lefties to use. No such problems with the track-ball.

They can be a bit pricey compared to a standard mouse - think I paid 30 quid for mine - but I find them much better than a rodent..!

XYY

Im ambidextrous mouse wise. I prefer to use my left hand. I use cheap MS wireless mice. They are great.

Peterlee gave birth to SQL and relational calculus. Ground zero for big data and all that. Burning white hot technology. Have a google.

HOLA4413

Normally the decomposing body of a stockton prozzy would give the gane away....

Cards on table i like harlepool. i also like redcar - south gare huts and the windymills in the sea are great.

im not keen on boro and stockton.

My opinion of my neighbouring North-East communities tends to be based on how many knee-tremblers I got during drunken night-out there. So just like your list, Hartlepool and Redcar score highly - and the 'boro and Stockton are fairly low down that particular league table..!

Sunderland is bottom though. Never got fully knacker-deep there despite a fair-few attempts.

Mind you, some of the smaller places in the area can be surprise packages. I won't name them - but let's just say what happened in Saltburn stays in Saltburn...

;)

XYY

HOLA4414

Peterlee gave birth to SQL and relational calculus. Ground zero for big data and all that. Burning white hot technology. Have a google.

Yes, but the same google also reveals that Roy Walker from TV's "Catchphrase" and The Krankies have both lived there...

:(

XYY

HOLA4415

XYY

Sounds good. My local supermarket sells fruit alcohol for around 2 euros / liter and to be honest it tastes just like Kirsch to me. It is supposed to be used in lamps.

HOLA4416

My opinion of my neighbouring North-East communities tends to be based on how many knee-tremblers I got during drunken night-out there. So just like your list, Hartlepool and Redcar score highly - and the 'boro and Stockton are fairly low down that particular league table..!

Sunderland is bottom though. Never got fully knacker-deep there despite a fair-few attempts.

Mind you, some of the smaller places in the area can be surprise packages. I won't name them - but let's just say what happened in Saltburn stays in Saltburn...

;)

XYY

Saltburns posh, like a woman from boro who wears pants AND deodrant.

Its better now theyve discovered the joys of booze.

Stockton really confuses me. Its a place, coz its on the map. But it does not have place stuff. The only thing that differentiates the centre is the larger density of people in shell suits.

HOLA4417

Stockton really confuses me. Its a place, coz its on the map. But it does not have place stuff. The only thing that differentiates the centre is the larger density of people in shell suits.

I did impress a taxi-driver in Stockton once by managing to get the car-window fully-open just in time to launch a "technicolour-yawn" all over the high street.

Not one drop landed anywhere on the car - inside, or out...!

True story...

XYY

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Yeah, from back in my day at high school a lot of awful weirdos had mental health issues (like Foetal Alchohol Syndrome) with many if not most bullies on the sociopathy or narcissism spectrum.

FAS is still very common.

Should see some of my kids fellow students. Poor bastards.

One of the stupid tnuc mums was in the paper doing a poorme story about housing. Dropped in her kids suffers from FAS- its becuase of you pissing it up, you stupid rotten tnuc.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I'll put it another way.

I admit that I haven't been in the best of form lately, depression creeping back and some insomnia ect. So generally a bit worn out.

I also suffer with depression (meds for 10yrs and counting!). At my worst I relive every scenario, from today, last week, my life. I look for examples of people hating me or being rude. It's bad enough when it's normal people I'm thinking of, but when it's the proper narcissistic c+nts I can end up in a spiral of hatred.

Work/learn to avoid or ignore them.

HOLA4424

I also suffer with depression (meds for 10yrs and counting!). At my worst I relive every scenario, from today, last week, my life. I look for examples of people hating me or being rude. It's bad enough when it's normal people I'm thinking of, but when it's the proper narcissistic c+nts I can end up in a spiral of hatred.

Work/learn to avoid or ignore them.

I ignore people extremely well.

HOLA4425

Archived