Jeremy Corbyn Has A Really Cr@p House

HOLA441
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

True, but don't make the mistake of thinking he's genuinely working class either. His mother's family were wealthy, and he was brought up in what the Daily Mail describes as a Manor House but what I would call a large country house.

Here's Tsipras' flat: http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03175/flat_3175998k.jpg

He's been on an MPs salary for how long? He should have plenty tucked away for a rainy day.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Round my way (Essex/London border) something like that would probably be 500k. Been a while since I've looked though. Islington would be much more expensive.

Those sort of houses go back a long way, they're deceptively spacious despite the narrow frontage.

HOLA447

I agree with Tichmarsh. How dare he let go a garden not large enough to swing a cat

You lazy c%%t Jeremy.

Bet he is also the sort that wont even pick up litter from outside his house.

HOLA448

He's been on an MPs salary for how long? He should have plenty tucked away for a rainy day.

Most of his life, not sure if the salary grades have changed but there's a good salary there. Probably not that "secure" though. Ho hum.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Interesting responses.

It looks like two divorces, together with a lack of 'climbing the ladder' over the years (maybe through not being financially-orientated) have created this anomaly where one of the most established and senior figures in UK politics (as of 7.30am on 30 June, at least!), with high net career earnings and connections, owns a house we can probably all agree is below his status.

It says a lot about the man, in many ways. I would have expected his role to involve a lot of hosting of visitors, smoozing donors and meetings out of the public eye etc. A decent house with a meeting room or dining room would facilitate this. As would a house with decent security - not a 2 foot garden Boris Johnston held an improptu meeting of his MP supporters at his home just yesterday, as a contrast to what can be done with a decent house for hosting people. Clearly Corbyn doesnt do this (I need to do this occasionally in my very different and less senior life - relationships with potential funders/collaborators/clients need to be fostered, especially if they are visiting from oversees).

It's very odd.

Corbyn at least owns a house. Status. Isn't that for the BTL landlords and HPI QE VI?

Well younger people who smilely G-Brown on some pop-show wanted to see come into politics are going to be entirely disadvantaged, if having to make their own way in world. Maybe visitors can come to their rental expensive box, or shared-ownership tiny flat, and be impressed by the 'value'. Maybe we should pay MPs loads more?

Corbyn should have access to official function rooms - although that hastily arranged meeting 'I don't think this is a good idea' of his new Shadow Cabinet the other day, didn't look that impressive.

Boris/MPs charm foreigners/funders/shakers and backers behind the scenes at own super home? Don't like idea of that. Obviously nothing wrong with it in itself, but there are so many alternatives in London for such things. Bit depressing pov to get anywhere in life you need to own a status house, because senior professional my side are all having to make do with less, in rented - to protect the HPI/BTL scene, and stop 'the suffering' that everyone seems to link a hpc to.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I like Jeremy's house. :) OK it doesn't quite have the kerb appeal of those grander Victorian homes accross the road but I like it. 1960s houses seem to be better designed inside than period homes.

Not sure about his neighbours' houses though. The one on the right looks like the outside of a public convenience with those glass blocks by the door. The one on the left appears to have an integral garage for off road parking but has a horrible crittall window above it. Bet they get pissed off with the paps calling at his door on a weekly basis. :lol:

HOLA4415

Corbyn at least owns a house. Status. Isn't that for the BTL landlords and HPI QE VI?

Well younger people who smilely G-Brown on some pop-show wanted to see come into politics are going to be entirely disadvantaged, if having to make their own way in world. Maybe visitors can come to their rental expensive box, or shared-ownership tiny flat, and be impressed by the 'value'. Maybe we should pay MPs loads more?

Corbyn should have access to official function rooms - although that hastily arranged meeting 'I don't think this is a good idea' of his new Shadow Cabinet the other day, didn't look that impressive.

Boris/MPs charm foreigners/funders/shakers and backers behind the scenes at own super home? Don't like idea of that. Obviously nothing wrong with it in itself, but there are so many alternatives in London for such things. Bit depressing pov to get anywhere in life you need to own a status house, because senior professional my side are all having to make do with less, in rented - to protect the HPI/BTL scene, and stop 'the suffering' that everyone seems to link a hpc to.

The general point is that a leader of the opposition probably needs to sign documents (formalising shadow cabinet posts etc.), meet people and host guests very regularly. He doesnt have a house that contains the reception facilities to do that, so will have to hire external venues for everything, book rooms etc, or do it in his office in Westminster or Labour HQ. So he has to go into work every time a short out of hours matter needs quickly addressing. He will certainly have to do major matters in work - the Chinese Ambassador or John Kerry is unlikely to want to go to his place for a short meeting - is it safe? is it welcoming?

In contrast, the PM lives above his office at 10 Downing Street and can have the work and the visitors come to him 24/7 for quick matters, with facilities always appropriate and welcoming. That quick personal "thank you" to a party donor is far easier for him, that meeting with dignitaries who want a photo opportunity far more practical. As a result, the working relationships develop better.

I don't think anyone wants a photo op outside Corbyn's house - so potentially all out of hours opportunities get wasted by Corbyn unless he drains the energy reserves by always going back onto work. His house isn't suitable for hosting people.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

He may have a good shed behind that house. Get in there with the lads, on the homebrew...

Aye, that sounds about right.

Neck loads of home-brew, smoke a few joints, make some policy decisions, sing the "Red Flag", and gang-bang Diane Abbott..!

Can't imagine owt like that going on in Mr Pin's shed...

XYY

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I'm presuming that "wisdom" is a being used as a euphemism for motorbike parts, cider, and 70s wänk-mags here Pinny...?

;)

Xyy

My precious things? Actually my garden wouldn't even make me shadow tea monitor minister.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I like Jeremy's house. :) OK it doesn't quite have the kerb appeal of those grander Victorian homes accross the road but I like it. 1960s houses seem to be better designed inside than period homes.

Not sure about his neighbours' houses though. The one on the right looks like the outside of a public convenience with those glass blocks by the door. The one on the left appears to have an integral garage for off road parking but has a horrible crittall window above it. Bet they get pissed off with the paps calling at his door on a weekly basis. :lol:

Is that a Crittall window? Just looks like rather decrepit 60s original. A crittall window, to me, has an art deco feel.

The one on the right, with the glass blocks, looks like it's been made over in a modernist stylee. I think the anti-terror-block garden wall is particularly interesting. Actually, I do. But then, there's part of me that quite likes concrete walls and polished concrete floors.

HOLA4423

Ok next question.

Would it be any different if we knew he RENTED?

Yes, you couldn't vote for somebody like that.

HOLA4424

My precious things? Actually my garden wouldn't even make me shadow tea monitor minister.

Er, I hope my position as your Defence Minister isn't compromised by my humble back-yard Prime Minister..?

It does boast a reasonably sized shed where the coal- and shit-houses used to be...

XYY

HOLA4425

Archived