House Price Crash Forum

The Official Brexit - Remain Thread - All New Threads Will Be Merged Into This One

spyguy

HOLA441

Strange coincidence. As a family we were caravanning in Belgium in the 70's. My father didn't like France but drove over the border to keep us happy. 300 yards in he spotted a bloke pis**ing in the street, said 'told you so' and headed back to Belgium.

Like most other EU countries things have moved on a bit in 40 years unlike in the UK

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/angry-man-posts-pictures-stream-11010129

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Campervanman....

Bennydorm ? Is that part of France too ?

My dear dad went to france on a day trip in 1930. He saw a boy p+ssing in the street.....he never went back.

Apparently it`s still the same today !

France receives more tourists than any other country in the world. As usual your tiny little bubble world is itrelevant and has no link to reality

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2722863/France-crowned-popular-country-world-record-breaking-number-tourists-UK-lags-eighth-place-beaten-Spain-Italy-Germany.html

Stick to Benidorm. France has a reputation to keep.

HOLA443

Well, I`m from Cambridge...we`ve got tourists coming out of our ears.

There are also a lot of French people over the last 6 months or so. They are working in local supermarkets.

Make of that what you will.

Edited by council dweller

HOLA444

France receives more tourists than any other country in the world. As usual your tiny little bubble world is itrelevant and has no link to reality

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2722863/France-crowned-popular-country-world-record-breaking-number-tourists-UK-lags-eighth-place-beaten-Spain-Italy-Germany.html

Stick to Benidorm. France has a reputation to keep.

Last December I was on the beach in Marbella, surrounded by Brits. Today I was on the beach in Antibes, surrounded by Moroccans.

HOLA445

Last December I was on the beach in Marbella, surrounded by Brits. Today I was on the beach in Antibes, surrounded by Moroccans.

:lol::lol:

Make sure you get back by June the 23rd, in the event of Brexit all planes, ships and tunnels will be closed. Guards will be sat on the beach at Dover turning back swimmers too.......apparently

HOLA446

Well, I`m from Cambridge...we`ve got tourists coming out of our ears.

There are also a lot of French people over the last 6 months or so. They are working in local supermarkets.

Make of that what you will.

5 million Brits live abroad. 2.5 million French live abroad. Make of that what you will.

HOLA447

You certainly know which beaches to avoid. I wouldn't want to be on either of those two. PM me and I'll let you know beaches in France and Spain where you won't find any Brits. On the other hand maybe not.

HOLA448

Trump comes out for Brexit.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/may/05/donald-trump-brexit-uk-leaving-european-union

Good news for Remain

What happened to Marine. lePen? The Leave campaign were trying to get her banned from speaking for Brexit in the UK. Trump should switch off many undecideds from voting Brexit. Who would want to be associated with him other than UKIP supporters?

HOLA449

You certainly know which beaches to avoid. I wouldn't want to be on either of those two. PM me and I'll let you know beaches in France and Spain where you won't find any Brits. On the other hand maybe not.

Each to their own. Antibes and Marbella are towns we like to stay in, both have a good selection of beaches, not that we spend much time on the beach.

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA4410

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/may/05/donald-trump-brexit-uk-leaving-european-union

Good news for Remain

What happened to Marine. lePen? The Leave campaign were trying to get her banned from speaking for Brexit in the UK. Trump should switch off many undecideds from voting Brexit. Who would want to be associated with him other than UKIP supporters?

Personally, I can't think of anything worse than Clinton as president, so given that there are likely to be only two choices, Trump would have my vote as the lesser of two evils.

HOLA4411

Personally, I can't think of anything worse than Clinton as president, so given that there are likely to be only two choices, Trump would have my vote as the lesser of two evils.

The only way to get change from the usual dynasty of establishment policitan banker scumbags.
Edited by GreenDevil

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Good news for Remain

Yes given all those Republican candidates it makes you wonder how the American voters got it all so wrong?

That's democracy for you, I know a bit of a foreign concept compared to the EU ideal of replacing democratic choices with technocratic choices when it suits and having second referendums to achieve the correct answer second time round.

The American GOP have chosen the Donald as they are fed up of the run of the mill also rans who never seem to do anything to improve the lot of the working person in the street. In much the same way that us Brits will make a damn good job of quitting the EU and if we do reach the required level of support to quit then that will open the door to others. People have had enough they want change.

Cameron has been banging on since 2010 about stemming immigration, making promises after promises and has done bog all about it..... In the meantime our schools get worse and ques in the NHS get longer.

Voters are crying out for change and it only once is a lifetime they will get an opportunity to enact possible change such as June 23rd.

HOLA4417

Yes given all those Republican candidates it makes you wonder how the American voters got it all so wrong?

That's democracy for you, I know a bit of a foreign concept compared to the EU ideal of replacing democratic choices with technocratic choices when it suits and having second referendums to achieve the correct answer second time round.

The American GOP have chosen the Donald as they are fed up of the run of the mill also rans who never seem to do anything to improve the lot of the working person in the street. In much the same way that us Brits will make a damn good job of quitting the EU and if we do reach the required level of support to quit then that will open the door to others. People have had enough they want change.

Cameron has been banging on since 2010 about stemming immigration, making promises after promises and has done bog all about it..... In the meantime our schools get worse and ques in the NHS get longer.

Voters are crying out for change and it only once is a lifetime they will get an opportunity to enact possible change such as June 23rd.

The problem as I see it with Trump is that our media only present the outrageous side to him, I am sure that to achieve the following he has, he must be saying something right over there, we just don't hear it

HOLA4418

The problem as I see it with Trump is that our media only present the outrageous side to him, I am sure that to achieve the following he has, he must be saying something right over there, we just don't hear it

I've watched a fair few of his speeches and there doesn't seem to be much substance, just the usual vague promises "we're going to fix x" "we're going to win again". Still preferable to Hillary's pandering though.

HOLA4419

I think he`s saying what the the others dare say ..but it`s exactly what the man on the street are thinking

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

If the London Mayoral election is anything to go by the voters are fed-up with the incumbents (Bullindon Boys in particular).

Cameron's days could be numbered, let's kick him out before he has a chance to resign, Osborne too, a Brexit vote should do it.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/nov/05/david-cameron-pigs-head-effigy-lewes-bonfire-night

1972.jpg

post-11769-0-16912600-1462561481_thumb.j

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA4423

Yup it`s an illusion ....it`s falling apart even the leaders think so ...best to get out now

http://on.rt.com/7bxm

We won't have anything to leave at this rate.

The European debt crisis is merely slumbering. Greek, Portuguese and Spanish problems are likely to surface in the coming months. But the crisis is also gradually moving closer to the core — Italy and France are particularly vulnerable.

Cheap holidays. Yay!

Italy and France, quite simply, appear too big to fail.
But Italy and France share problems of slow growth, unemployment, poor public finances, and structural inadequacies. Reform has been difficult and the political environment is increasingly challenging.

Yeah we all know that.... Gimme some news.

Italian total real economy debt (government, household and business) is around 259% of GDP, up 55% since 2007, while France’s equivalent debt is around 280% of GDP, up 66%. This tally ignores unfunded pension and health-care obligations, as well as contingent commitments to euro zone bailouts. Without corrective action, this debt will increase critically — and quickly.
France and Italy cannot avoid a financial crisis in an environment of low growth and low inflation. Real GDP growth need would need to be around twice the current projected rates to stabilize and then reduce government debt-to-GDP ratios.
The required fiscal adjustment to start reducing government debt is around 2% of GDP, which would reduce growth needed to reduce leverage. A combination of weak economic activity and low inflation is causing Italy’s debt trajectory to spiral upwards, despite austerity and a primary surplus of 2% of GDP. In France, there is no sign that the budget is likely to be in surplus in the near future.
The real problem is the lack of competitiveness. Underlying many of these problems is the single currency. Before the 2015 fall in the euro EURUSD, -0.1140% after the European Central Bank introduced negative interest rates and quantitative easing, Italy and France were faced with a 15%-25% overvalued currency. This was compounded by the high leverage to the exchange rate for export competitiveness. Italy has a gearing of over 60% to the exchange rate due to the nature of its exports, compared to around 40% for Germany. Denied the option of devaluation to maintain international competitiveness, both countries have relied increasingly on debt-funded public spending to maintain economic activity and living standards.

Yep ******nakered. Source :- http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-italy-and-france-are-not-too-big-to-fail-2016-05-06

Germany = 71%

Source :- http://www.tradingeconomics.com/germany/government-debt-to-gdp

HOLA4424

We've been told that the polling companies have learned lessons from the 2015 GE.

Yet in the early hours of today, the polls were confidently putting Sadiq Kahn as being 14/15% ahead of Goldsmith. This afternoon it is announced that he had won by just 9%.

That is probably something that will worry the Remain campaign!

HOLA4425

We've been told that the polling companies have learned lessons from the 2015 GE.

Yet in the early hours of today, the polls were confidently putting Sadiq Kahn as being 14/15% ahead of Goldsmith. This afternoon it is announced that he had won by just 9%.

That is probably something that will worry the Remain campaign!

I think this could be due to the demise of the land line phone,