House Price Crash Forum

The Official Brexit - Remain Thread - All New Threads Will Be Merged Into This One

spyguy

HOLA441

I assume from your response that the subject of opinion polls worrying the Remain camp is now dead in the water given the false numbers posted by the op? Likewise your theory about fewer landlines? More straw clutching from Brexiteers that is easily demolished by the facts.

Yup very sceptical about polls to be honest http://www.nasdaq.com/article/exclusive-brexit-poll-update-do-the-math-cm617893 :lol:

What`s these facts you allude to ? i`m yet to see you post anything other than speculation and contradictions ...but that`s all the remain camp has done full stop so it`s a tad unrealistic to expect any difference from you

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Indeed. +1

To argue that the UK is in such a bad state because we are going to leave the EU in the future and all the problems we have today are because of the brexit vote that we haven't even had yet!

Then to make the claim that if you want more of the same then you must vote for brexit and NOT vote for more of the same (remain) if you want things to change.

Both sentences were hard to type and difficult to read because the argument is pure ar$e.

The UK is in the state it is in for a number of reasons, mostly of it's own making, nothing to do with EU membership. How, for example has the EU caused successive Westminster governments to manipulate the housing market in the UK? How has the EU caused the UK deregulate it's financial markets so that banks could offer 125% mortgages @ 8x incomes, how has the EU caused a BTL boom in the UK funded by taxpayers via housing benefit? Those things were not caused by Brexit but Brexit will not do anything to prevent it in future. I have never stated that Brexit is the reason for why the UK is as it is, those are your words not mine, the argument is pure ar$e because you have just invented it. My argument is and always was that Brexit will lead to the UK being more like the UK and less like Europe and as such you will get more of the same ie an economy run for the benefit of the few, manipulated by the few and supported by the stupid. If you want more of what you currently have then vote Brexit.

HOLA443

Yup very sceptical about polls to be honest http://www.nasdaq.com/article/exclusive-brexit-poll-update-do-the-math-cm617893 :lol:

What`s these facts you allude to ? i`m yet to see you post anything other than speculation and contradictions ...but that`s all the remain camp has done full stop so it`s a tad unrealistic to expect any difference from you

Here's a fact :- Out of everybody on here only Campervanman wants us to stay in! Howz zat! While living in France!

HOLA444

That would be a pointless exercise, you would argue that black was white if it suited your agenda and back it up with suggestions that anyone who disagrees with you is intellectually inadequate!

I suggest you try it once and come up with something that backs your ideological point of view otherwise it just looks like sny other form of prejudice that has no basis in fact.

HOLA445

Not only do I believe that, I believe that more countries will join including the UK. Back in 2008 when the pound almost fell to parity with the € sentiment in the UK became greater towards the single currency. Leave the EU and Sterling will face a rapid fall in value together with the resulting economic fall out. Stay in the EU and although the pound will not fall to the same extent, what will happen over time is that the UK ponzi will unravel and the value of Sterling as compared to the Euro will weaken. Both scenarios will lead to a change in sentiment towards both the EU and the Euro. Basically the UK is fkd and Brexit will just lead to a shorter and more painful death together with the need to get in the queue behind Albania and Turkey to rejoin.

I was wrong again there`s me thinking you were a humble public sector worker when in reality it`s blindingly obvious that someone with such certainty and foresight must be a FOREX trading god that's worthy of a 1%er title

HOLA446

Whoossh...... That was my point about negative campaigning going straight over your head.

Negative campaigning? Is that the same as scaremongering about 500 million people coming to take your job or 80 million Turks coming to the UK to blow up Christians?

HOLA447

I was wrong again there`s me thinking you were a humble public sector worker when in reality it`s blindingly obvious that someone with such certainty and foresight must be a FOREX trading god that's worthy of a 1%er title

Wrong again. I just look at the evidence and take a view on the balance of probability, a bit like George Soros.

HOLA448

The fact in the context of SadiqKhan was that he won by 13.6% and not by 9% which was used as a false argument to demonstrate the inaccuracy of pre election polls and led to a theory that it was something to do with fewer people having landlines.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Negative campaigning? Is that the same as scaremongering about 500 million people coming to take your job or 80 million Turks coming to the UK to blow up Christians?

The negative campaigning that is being criticised by MPs on both side of the house. Do you not get the UK news in your part of France? Here in Antibes we have BBC News and Sky.

HOLA4411

I suggest you try it once and come up with something that backs your ideological point of view otherwise it just looks like sny other form of prejudice that has no basis in fact.

You know my ideological point of view which is to get rid of Cameron and Osborne.

Your usual reply is to bang on about Boris and Gove being no better, to which I say something like.....

Who knows? Johnson and Gove may turn out to be Conservatives, whereas Cameron and Osborne are an extension of NuLabour.

HOLA4412

The fact in the context of SadiqKhan was that he won by 13.6% and not by 9% which was used as a false argument to demonstrate the inaccuracy of pre election polls and led to a theory that it was something to do with fewer people having landlines.

Just like the poll i posted above your insistence that polls are curate has convinced me for sure they are all as accurate as the London mayor election polling ,although my anecdotal poll says the brexit vote is much higher than the Nasdaq poll suggests but after all mines only anecdotal compared to other polls which you seem to believe as fact http://www.nasdaq.com/article/exclusive-brexit-poll-update-do-the-math-cm617893 :lol:

I`m sure you will change your stance of the polls are always right after looking at the above poll and this is an argument you cannot win even with the most twisted logic and the poll being conducted from another country matters not

Edited by long time lurking

HOLA4413

Here's a fact :- Out of everybody on here only Campervanman wants us to stay in! Howz zat! While living in France!

The same is true over on the Rumour Service. On their Referendum thread there is a handful of ins trying to make the remain argument. The view over their is 70% for out from around 600 votes.

Of the handful who want to stop in. A couple work in Brussels one for NATO the other is not known. Others live in France or Spain so are clearly vested interests.....

HOLA4414

The same is true over on the Rumour Service. On their Referendum thread there is a handful of ins trying to make the remain argument. The view over their is 70% for out from around 600 votes.

Of the handful who want to stop in. A couple work in Brussels one for NATO the other is not known. Others live in France or Spain so are clearly vested interests.....

At the end of the day we all have a VI of some kind if those who are living abroad etc just said i`m worried about my future /job etc that's why i`m voting to remain most would accept it as that but when they spout a bunch of nonsense to justify their VI inspired decision is the point when it all becomes disingenuous and the point at which where it starts to look like they are trying to cover up some sort of guilty secret

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

..well of course...he like France needs the UK net contribution to help the French keep up their standard of living which is receding ...BREXIT would make it worse for France and our man there...... :rolleyes:

HOLA4419

Dave gets things the wrong way round. For decades the Germans/the eu got their own way and gained concessions from the UK people by threatening the risk of war (typically sign this new treaty or there's a risk of war).

So Dave thinks he should also threaten UK people that way so that the eu gets it's own way again. It's a bit rough when the eu as well as the UK leader are both threatening the UK people with war.

Dave doesn't realise that it would have been beneficial to the UK if he'd appraised the eu of the risk of war when "negotiating" with the eu on the referendum terms so that he might have got some real concessions for the UK people this time. He should go wave a letter around.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4420

Cameron's going over the top tomorrow. Leaving the EU will cause WORLD WAR AND GENOCIDE!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-36244436

And lo we shall eat our firstborn and much will be the wailing and gnashing of teeth!

We're doomed! Doomed I tell you!

Cameron is making himself look ridiculous. Does he really think we'll fall for that rubbish?

At this rate he'll have run out of things to scare us with long before June 23rd.

Am I alone in no longer believing a word that comes out of his mouth?

We must vote for a Brexit if only to get rid of this man.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Cameron is making himself look ridiculous. Does he really think we'll fall for that rubbish?

At this rate he'll have run out of things to scare us with long before June 23rd.

And was he aware of this risk of war when he proposed the referendum. Strange he hasn't mentioned it before. Edited by GloomMonger

HOLA4423

And was he aware of this risk of war when he proposed the referendum. Strange he hasn't mentioned it before.

And more recently than that he said that he would recommend a Brexit if he couldn't negotiate a good deal. Ultimately, of course, he did neither.

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA4424

As I have mentioned before you are part of the group who are ideologically opposed to the EU. No amount of evidence will change your mind or the minds if people like you. Talking amongst yourselves might help to reinforce your own ideologies and insecurities in the face of growing evidence that Brexit is bad news but more importantly for those who have not made up their minds yet, the big picture will prove more important than Brexiteer prejudices and it is the big picture that will win the day.

HOLA4425

As I have mentioned before you are part of the group who are ideologically opposed to the EU. No amount of evidence will change your mind or the minds if people like you. Talking amongst yourselves might help to reinforce your own ideologies and insecurities in the face of growing evidence that Brexit is bad news but more importantly for those who have not made up their minds yet, the big picture will prove more important than Brexiteer prejudices and it is the big picture that will win the day.

It really is pointless replying to your posts as you completely ignore anything that doesn't suit your agenda and continue to spout the same rhetoric.

For the umpteenth time, I am not ideologically opposed to the EU, I am ideologically opposed to the leaders of this so called Conservative government and see a Brexit as the best means to rid the country of what is becoming the worst government in living memory.

An economy based on ever increasing borrowing and debt, both individual and government, is the real danger and the relatively small differences between being in or out of the EU pale into insignificance compared to that.