House Price Crash Forum

The Official Brexit - Remain Thread - All New Threads Will Be Merged Into This One

spyguy

HOLA441

Just to say that if the 1 million figure refers to the number of migrants to the eu in 2015 then some official on the radio recently said only about 4% of the 1 million could be officially termed "refugees" (40,000) - the other 960,000 couldn't be termed refugees.

Edited by billybong

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

I live in France not Spain. I have a house in the UK as a safety net in case the Brexit nutters ever got their way, it makes me no money. My agenda is win/ win not lose/ lose as is yours. Read my posts on this forum. I want young people to have the opportunities my generation had. You want your generation to be confined to the UK and to have less than we had by allowing the 1% to steal your future and instead blaming older people for not letting the 1% steal theirs. Leaving the EU will be part of this process, a UK more vulnerable to multinationals and less democratic. You might have Westminster making more of your laws but those laws will be dictated by big business not people. The UK will become Googlland. You are being taken for mugs.

The 1% are stealing the wealth of the Uk's poorest via EU regulation ...people are working longer for less due to to many people chasing to few jobs this is a problem your generation did not have to compete with ,your generation had strong Unions to fight for wage rises the young to day have not got those luxuries all they have to look forward to is more people chasing fewer jobs paying less money

This is what you are voting for .this is the youngsters future in the UK ... watch the film it`s full of how the 1%ers work

A

HOLA444

I live in France not Spain. I have a house in the UK as a safety net in case the Brexit nutters ever got their way...........

Your insults are becoming tedious. Could you not try to put your point across without ad hominem attacks on those who hold a different view to you?

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA445

Population of EU = 500 million

Refugees entering EU 1 million

Do the math

Do they speak American in France now?

I wouldn't "bet my bottom dollar" on that 1 million figure being accurate, by the way. I suppose it comes naturally to some folk to blindly trust authoritarian regimes, hoping they're benevolent. Must be a continental thing.

HOLA446
HOLA447

I think he means mathermaticsze ..

And I`m still laughing about how he thinks France is the whole wide world....

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/EN.POP.DNST

Englands population density is 419 per square kilometre.

• For Germany it is 228/sq.km

• Poland 130.

• France 105.

• Spain 94.

To match England's population density -

• Germany would need to take 68.8 million immigrants.

• Poland 86 million

• France 197 million **ONE HUNDRED AND NINETY SEVEN MILLION**

• Spain 161 million.

Let's see if he'd be happy hosting an extra 197 million people...

HOLA448
HOLA449

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/EN.POP.DNST [/size]

Englands population density is 419 per square kilometre. [/size]• For Germany it is 228/sq.km [/size]• Poland 130.[/size]• France 105.[/size]• Spain 94. [/size]To match England's population density - [/size]• Germany would need to take 68.8 million immigrants.[/size]• Poland 86 million[/size]• France 197 million **ONE HUNDRED AND NINETY SEVEN MILLION**[/size]• Spain 161 million.[/size]

What does the population denisity of the UK have to do with the claim that there is civil inrest in mainland Europe due to migration? I was pointing out that migration into Europe last year represented 0.2% of the population of the EU. If you dispute the numbers then say why?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/EN.POP.DNST

Englands population density is 419 per square kilometre.

• For Germany it is 228/sq.km

• Poland 130.

• France 105.

• Spain 94.

To match England's population density -

• Germany would need to take 68.8 million immigrants.

• Poland 86 million

• France 197 million **ONE HUNDRED AND NINETY SEVEN MILLION**

• Spain 161 million.

He would be fine with it as long as he was living in another country and one of the 197 million were renting his house in France and the rest were underpining his public sector pension ....

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

He would be fine with it as long as he was living in another country and one of the 197 million were renting his house in France and the rest were underpining his public sector pension ....

Why do you feel the need to personalise the debate? What does where I live have to do with migration into the EU? Try dealing with the initial claim that there was civil unrest in Europe due to migration. I suggest there is not because the number of migrants entering the EU whether they be refugees or migrants or whatever other label you might wish to give them is small in relation to the overall population. Of course you will read stuff in certain parts of the UK media that tries to portray a different scenario but the numbers do not stack up to back up their claims that Europe is being swamped by migration from outside. False representation of the facts and false claims are what your side of the debate claim the Remain side use. Stop using it yourselves.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Although I`ll be I00% sure to vote `OUT` it will I believe effect me deeply for the rest of my life should the majority vote to stay in.

I say Fu ck you to the government, business and the establishment.

Of course, this is just IMO but if a large number of people think this way it would mean the end of public sector pensions for a start.

HOLA4416

Although I`ll be I00% sure to vote `OUT` it will I believe effect me deeply for the rest of my life should the majority vote to stay in.

Me too. It's our last/only chance to break the chains of EU slavery.

THE EU is “flooding” British schools with “propaganda” sent to “brainwash” kids just ten weeks out from the referendum, The Sun can reveal.
The European Commission mails out slick textbooks – such as daft cartoon adventure “The Mystery of the Golden Stars” – to school teachers free of charge to “educate” children about the EU “in a fun and stimulating way”.
The naff “book to be handed out to every pupil” is designed to introduce “the EU in a child-friendly way” and is paid for from the EU Commission’s hated £158million taxpayer-funded PR budget.

We're paying for that! <_<

Source :- http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/7055521/EU-blows-British-cash-on-flooding-UK-schools-with-propoganda-to-brainwash-kids.html

Conservative MP Andrew Rosindell raged last night: “The EU must not be allowed to try brainwash kids with taxpayer funded propaganda during the referendum.”
He added: “It is simply wrong that the EU Commission have the ability to flood schools with this dodgy literature when a referendum is so close – they must immediately withdraw this freebie resource.”
Last night the EU Commission’s London office told The Sun that booklet was not “propaganda or campaigning” but “knowledge”.

ARRRRRGH! JUST F**K OFF!

Edited by XswampyX

HOLA4417

migrant

a person who moves from one place to another in order to find work or better living conditions

refugee

a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster:

asylum seeker

a person who has left their home country as a political refugee and is seeking asylum in another.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4418

Why do you feel the need to personalise the debate? What does where I live have to do with migration into the EU? Try dealing with the initial claim that there was civil unrest in Europe due to migration. I suggest there is not because the number of migrants entering the EU whether they be refugees or migrants or whatever other label you might wish to give them is small in relation to the overall population. Of course you will read stuff in certain parts of the UK media that tries to portray a different scenario but the numbers do not stack up to back up their claims that Europe is being swamped by migration from outside. False representation of the facts and false claims are what your side of the debate claim the Remain side use. Stop using it yourselves.

I have never said nowt about civil unrest ,but as you bring it up what was the problem in Greece not so long a go ? that is far from over round two is warming up nicely

I have no concern of how many refugees /migrants the EU takes in but i have grave concerns of how many are coming to the UK from the EU whether they are EU citizens /migrants/refugees, for the reasons i have clearly outlined

Wheres the false info i have posted ? anything that is predicted to happen in the future by essence IS speculation regardless of who is saying it that's my stance show me a post that i have even quoted or posted links to in or out speculation never mind presenting it as fact

I will post ten of yours to one of mine if you find any

Why do you turn to insults whenever your rhetoric is questioned ?

Edited by long time lurking

HOLA4419

I say Fu ck you to the government, business and the establishment.

Of course, this is just IMO but if a large number of people think this way it would mean the end of public sector pensions for a start.

Sorted out my proxy vote

My Dad is going to be running all the old grannys from the sheltered housing nearby down to the polling station on the day to cast their no votes.

HOLA4420

I have never said nowt about civil unrest ,but as you bring it up what was the problem in Greece not so long a go ? that is far from over round two is warming up nicely

I have no concern of how many refugees /migrants the EU takes in but i have grave concerns of how many are coming to the UK from the EU whether they are EU citizens /migrants/refugees, for the reasons i have clearly outlined

Wheres the false info i have posted ? anything that is predicted to happen in the future by essence IS speculation regardless of who is saying it that's my stance show me a post that i have even quoted or posted links to in or out speculation never mind presenting it as fact

I will post ten of yours to one of mine if you find any

Why do you turn to insults whenever your rhetoric is questioned ?

The issue around migration was raised in post #1113 in connection with claimed " civil unrest in Europe". You and others failed to debate the answer I gave backed up by numbers that showed that refugee immigration amounts to 0.2% of the EU population in 2015. Faced with inconvenient facts you decide to turn the debate towards public sector pensions, boomers and population density in the UK compared to France. As for civil unrest in Greece, the Greeks are overwhelmingly in favour of staying in the EU as they understand what the future outside would be.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Well done Kurt and Kurt`s dad.

I`ve been delivering leaflets for the Libdem woman. She helped me out with getting a council house so I`m returning the favour. I must admit that I was worried that her leafets could have contained anti-Brexit propaganda but not a word.....just the local trivia.

Anyway, I talked to people as I delivered these lealets and mentioned casually about Brexit.. 5 were aggressively pro Brexit and one was just aggressive....ok it says nothing.

I`ll go to Cambridge market on Saturday to check the vibe.....well, to see if there is one.

Looking forward to the 24th to see where we stand.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I never thought i would see it on the BBC but Paddy Ashdown just had a new ripped on a brexit debate ...whoever picked the audience will be picking up their P45 soon

Embarrassing wasn't he.

Apparently, we should 'listen' to Obama because they helped us during the war.

Perhaps we should get Putin's view Paddy, cos the Ruskies practically won WW2 on their own?